• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think they'll ever show Sora's parents?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

StVen

I know for the fact that Sora's parents exist in the story. It will not be possible for Sora to be alive and breathing without his parents. You can actually see in these screenshots that Sora has Mom and Dad.

mom.png

This is Sora's mom speaking 'dinner's ready' the event when there were storm in the small island. (Okay, I assumed that is Sora's mom since she kinda sound like it. Trust me, that is how my mom sound like.) ~Kingdom Hearts 1

dadzk.png

This is little Riku talking about Sora's dad taking them to the small island to play. ~Kingdom hearts birth by sleep

So what do you think? Would it be nice to see background of Sora's family? Who knows, Sora might have a brother or a sister. Do you think his parents would give more color to the series? I thought maybe having his parents included in the series would be funny just like how Donald have Daisy. Those sort of thing. :D

Maybe we'll meet his parents in KH3? in the main island? Maybe Sora's Dad is Ansem the Wise?? (*&^*Shockzxccxz!@*&) lol?

Last edited:

Lingering Night

Well, it'd be kind of funny, seeing as Soras parents didn't seem to give damn when Sora was gone for 2+ years. But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing them, or at least more mentions of them by Sora.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
inb4 everyone: 'family isn't important in kh'

long story short, probably not

Goddard

Family isn't that important in Kingdom Hearts. The most you'll hear of them is a brief mention once, maybe twice in a single game. So don't push your luck.

Zul

Awards
I don't think it's within Sora's character to not care about his own parents. At the same time, family issues probably aren't important enough to merit screen-time(and thus voice acting and precious disc space). One could probably assume that family interactions just happen off screen and aren't given mention in the script to avoid wasting time. It's basically in the same group as going to the bathroom and regular sleeping, both which probably happen, but aren't worth showing.

Vxpiriax

Sora has traveled all the time worrying about his friends Kairi and Riku without caring about his parents, do you really think that they are going to have a main role in the story after more of six games in the series? It would be nice to see them but I don't think they are gonna be important later in the story or even show them.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Family as in blood relatives doesn't have any importance in the KH series.
I've always seen it as everyone being friends is more of a family aspect.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's already been said several times, but yeah, friendships and stuff like bonds between hearts are way more important in KH than family ties or blood relation.

And in all honesty, I don't give one crap about Sora's parents...there are way more important issues open which need to be addressed as to waste space and screentime on this.

digimikej

Awards
i just realized.... soras parents must hate themselves. because of CoM, they forgot theyre son. WHO FORGETS THEIR SON? they must have a mixed feelings of depression and wtf where is my son.

StVen

Sure, but it is just funny how Sora came into existence without knowing where he come from lol (well, duh ofcourse in his mother's womb). The story emphasizes on friends but a little bit of scene about his parents wouldn't really hurt. Aren't you curious of what his dad looks like? Does he look like Sora? if he is, we probably might get an idea on what he'll look like in the future. Don't you think? :D It was father's day last time that's when I got the idea of 'where the heck is his parents' kinda of a thought. :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I just want to know if Kairi's grandma is dead; eff Sora's parents. xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Who needs parents when you live in a Disney universe where generally your mom is evil/just there for loving support/dead/not really your mom and your father is dead/deadbeat/unimportant king guy.

That said, I could care less about Sora's parents. I'm more interested in Squall's dad. And Aladdin's dad. And Jasmine's dad. And Eraqus.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
So what do you think? Would it be nice to see background of Sora's family? Who knows, Sora might have a brother or a sister. Do you think his parents would give more color to the series? I thought maybe having his parents included in the series would be funny just like how Donald have Daisy. Those sort of thing. :D

Too late for that. :/

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Who needs parents when you live in a Disney universe where generally your mom is evil/just there for loving support/dead/not really your mom and your father is dead/deadbeat/unimportant king guy.

That said, I could care less about Sora's parents. I'm more interested in Squall's dad. And Aladdin's dad. And Jasmine's dad. And Eraqus.
Ugh do agree about Aladdin and Jasmine's dad. USE THE UNTAPPED POTENTIAL STORYLINE NOMURA.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
To be fair, it never shows them at all so they could be fairly worried. Not to mention the whole memory affair, and the fact that Destiny Islands vanished into the darkness.
Which means, KH1: they were gone. COM: they didn't remember. KH2: they were just remembering/might've worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back