• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think they should give Riku his own love interest someday in the Kingdom Hearts games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquareDisney

I think they should because I think that Riku deserves to find love too like how Sora has.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
He's already dating Mickey, dude.

In seriousness, I don't mind at all if Riku gains a love interest some day, just like I won't mind when Sora and Kairi officially become a couple.

HOWEVER!!! It shouldn't happen because of Sora and Kairi nor should it happen out of feeling that it's somehow needed. That would just make it forced and I hate it when that happens. A good romance isn't planned, or to put it another way, a good romance doesn't feel planned.

Awards
IDK, I feel like it's kinda hard to give a dead man a love interest

(Riku is probably gonna die in KH3)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Uh, Riku is already in a committed relationship with Mickey Mouse.

But no, not if it is predicated on the idea that he is getting a romantic partner because Sora and Kairi are a couple.

Meow Wow

Awards
Giving Riku a love interest especially if Sora and Kairi end up together will most likley turn me off. It's something that absolutely I hated about the end of Harry Potter and nothing else, even Kingdom Hearts can be exempt from it.

Also come on guys, Riku x Repliku is clearly the true otp here

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
SoKai may really happen in KH3, in fact I'm expecting it, but I don't think they'd ever place it higher than Sora's friendship with Riku and Kairi, so the idea that Sora and Kairi getting together has to result in Riku moving away from them and 'finding love' elsewhere is kind of flawed.

^ this is all one sentence, looks like I forgot how to write.

kaseykockroach

Awards
While I'm more into Sora x Namine myself, Riku x Namine does seem to be a bit more common. Understandably so, as the former pairing is more than likely NEVER going to happen. xD

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Personally I kinda ship Riku with Xion.

BUT ...

No, I don't think they should give him a love interest unless it is something that actually develops over time over future installments. Sora and Kairi's inevitable relationship has been hinted at over the course of several games now, they just haven't "officially" done anything with it.
Riku hasn't had that sort of direct romantic development with anyone and I would HATE for them to, I dunno...arbitrarily decide he is a pair with someone and say yo, we are a couple now ._.
I think Sora being together with Kairi, with Riku being there as well isn't really going to change their relationship dynamic as a trio too much honestly, because Sora and Kairi already definitely liked each other anyway before, it just finally was put out in the open. Why can't the three of them hang out and be a trio in a game or two without throwing some random other person at Riku in order to make it a double date?

Now, if say, after KH3 and everyone is "saved" and he starts kind of hanging out with someone and THEN we start getting some hints here and there before anything actually happens then sure, I could accept that.
But don't just revive some character (or make one up) only to shove em at Riku and be like "here's a consolation prize. We know you two haven't had ANY chance to actually develop feelings for each other but hey...both of you are single, so...great, now we can have couple power hour!"

No way man. I've been waiting WAY too long for my team of Sora Riku and Kairi to go kick butt together for some rando to come tagging along.

ImVentus

Awards
I'd rather see Riku walk his own path to become sorta a wise teacher. His character is quite complex and I don't think he needs a love interest to be happy. That's just me, I just find it unnecessary.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
They *shouldn't*, as it's not something that should be done just to fill some blanks.

On whether I'd like it or not, I'm unsure about it, because Riku changes throughout the series: like, to me KH II/Days Riku is kinda set on that lone wolf path.
DDD Riku is at least more friend-centric, but still doesn't strike me as someone who will seek out love (I can totally see him as someone who thinks he's not "pure" enough to love another person).
But seen as he's still growing as a character, I guess I have to see what KH III does with him. If he stops fustigating himself over his past mistakes and decides that he is worthy to live life outside of his duty-bound purposes, sure he can get with someone.

Last edited:

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
On whether I'd like it or not, I'm unsure about it, because Riku changes throughout the series: like, to me KH II/Days Riku is kinda set on that lone wolf path.

Same vibe I got over here. And yeah, DDD marked a significant change to his character so maybe I could see him coming around to it...but it would be pretty superfluous, really.

D

Deleted member 246005

I hope she has got some spunk. Nomura tends to his female ocs as introverts and shy/reserved so someone extroverted would be fun.

It be cool if she was a reformed villian or anti-hero to parallel riku's redemption arc. I was a fan of DannyxValerie from Danny Phantom so just give me that dynamic.

I'm also partial to the Riku-Yuffie fan-ship so that is also an option. Probably the best way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

SquareDisney

They could also make her character similar to Rouge the Bat from the Sonic the Hedgehog series, and make her and Riku have a similar relationship like Rouge the Bat and Knuckles the Echidna have.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The societal norm of requiring a "special someone" is a trend that needs to keep dying out. You don't need to be married and have children in order to be successful. That aside, let's apply the same in video-gaming. Love-interests aren't necessary to have a good story. It's good that SoKai is happening because it's something that was kinda left out hanging during the end of KH1, but Riku-*someone* doesn't need to happen. Riku doesn't need to have a love interest. He doesn't need a love interest to develop him. He doesn't need a love interest to make him interesting. KH3 should aim to fully develop and mature every character so the only thing we crave for in the next saga are the mysteries and answers regarding the plot.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
unless it's a dude, no.
This is all I came here to say.

But, entertaining the idea a little further, I kind of wonder who out of the main cast would be a good fit for him. I guess I could see him forming a little crush on Ven, and trying to win him over. I wouldn't mind seeing them toy with that chemistry for a few games while Riku hangs out with TAV in the LoD and gets their New Keyblade Order up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back