• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do You Think the Player in Chi Will Become a Character?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So, this is something I've talked about in a few threads now. And since there seems to be more and more evidence adding to this theory (or so I believe, anyway), I thought I'd make a post about it.

My question is just how it sounds: do you guys think the blank slate, that should be our player's avatar, will end up becoming an actual character somewhere down the line?

I ask this question mainly because it seems to me that this "blank canvas" is more and more doing things and making choices that actually does give him or her character.

For instance, there's this part in the story where your character goes along with helping Hades. Eventually, of course, you learn that he or she was just doing this to find out more about what was going on, and that they never really had any intention to side with him.

I can't help feeling, however, that this is something Sora and Aqua would never have done, so that small little detail is starting to shape the avatar some, I think.

Perhaps bigger examples are when he or she befriends Ephemera (and seems sad, and such, when Ephemera doesn't meet up with you like he's supposed to), or when he or she comforts Chirithy that the cat-like creature is a friend to them.

There's also a part in Wonderland, where the avatar really seems to want have tea with the Mad Hatter and March Hare, and thus seems to get annoyed when that doesn't end up happening in the end, but rather he or she just gets run around by them the whole time. Chirithy comments on your player's mood something like, "I'm the one who wants to sigh."

So all of this to me definitely seems like, be it intentional or not, the character here is starting to get some certain traits to them. But do you think it's intentional? Do you think Nomura's going somewhere with it at all?

I personally think he might be, because what other way to show that anyone or anything can grow hearts in this series, then to have it happen with our "unimportant selves".

Perhaps who we're playing is even the Master of Masters, or something, and the reason we see this person differently is because he or she is so powerful that they can't be properly perceived in just one way.

Though maybe in KHIII, if this is to be some plot twist, we'll somehow see this person cycle through the many appearances we see them in in Chi, before they finally settle on one to show us all.

Or maybe they'll even be faceless to us: it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened in this saga, after all.

...This OP is really long and all over the place, and I'm so sorry about that^_^' But what are you guys' thoughts on this? Is it at all possible? Are all these things that are happening completely unintentional? Or is nothing happening at all, and I'm perhaps reading way too much into it all? LOL.

Be sure to let me know in the comments below! Please and thank you:D

Zak1403

The avatar in Chi/Unchained just reminds me of Vanitas at the climax of BBS. "This χ-blade will open a door — one that leads to all worlds. Then, Keyblade bearing warriors will flock here from each and every one of them, to battle for the light within Kingdom Hearts! And just like the legend says, the Keyblade War will begin!"

The player in chi/unchained could just be the representation of all the Keyblade warriors that started the first Keyblade war. This is made even more clear as Master Ava has began to collect certain individuals for yet unknown reasons.
It makes sense to think of the avatar/player as the representation of Keyblade Warriors of the past.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Ephemera and Lady Ava both refer to the player as a quiet person "who doesn't really speak much", too. It does seem as if the player isn't totally a blank slate.

If it turns out that the player will become an official character, I think that it'd be more of a faceless case, and probably at most will be referenced. It depends on how the rest of the story plays out, if the player's story will end with the Keyblade War or not.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
@Zak1403: That's actually a really good thought that I hadn't considered:) I like that idea a lot, tbh, and I could really see it. It seems like something Nomura would do, anyway, but we'll see!

@faemarch: You're right! That's another moment of adding character to him or her that I hadn't thought of! Thanks for pointing it out!=) And perhaps another example is when the player actually stays at Snow White and the Dwarfs' after party for a while, and Chirithy even points out that, "You seem to be having fun."

It'll definitely be interesting to see where all of this goes, if anywhere. Though I'm thinking you're right about the player most likely staying faceless if they do become an actual character;)

Anagram

Banned
I could see it happening now that Nomura's decided Chi is crucial to KH3. Not sure we'll see the character outside Chi though since the appearance and gender varies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
I could see it happening now that Nomura's decided Chi is crucial to KH3. Not sure we'll see the character outside Chi though since the appearance and gender varies.

A very good point, Anagram. A very good point, indeed:) No doubt this plot point--if it is at all that--will only be relegated to Chi, then, and nowhere else in the series.

But even then there's a room for a lot of leeway, seeing as how we might be getting three different versions of Chi? And I can just barely wrap my head around that at all, tbh (if Chi and Unchained are truly different, that is, because then we'll have Chi, Unchained, and Back Cover).

Anagram

Banned
Wasn't the version of Chi said to be from a nonplayer point of view? Either way I think the player of Chi would mostly likely be referenced rather than seen. Like say Ephemera is in KH3. He could mention he "had a friend" or such. =3

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Back Cover is also supposed to tell the story of Chi from the Foretellers' side, if I'm not mistaken. I believe we'll at least get a mention of the player character, if the movie overlaps with the Daybreak Town story segments in Chi with Ephemera and Ava. Who knows if they'll do anything about the fight with Ava, though that would require giving the player character a concrete appearance.

.xone

Awards
ok.. now this is really lingering inside of my mind when the character actually has a dialogue (I think when chara first meet Eph, maybe). He make me thinking of roxas or xion on their blank state and eventually grow to became a "person". This only my theory but I think chara is the first nobody, the one come from Master itself.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, after the latest Chi update (as of writing this), it seems as though the player character does indeed have their own personality. It's surprising that it's a very adamant and rash one too. They're absolute in their decision making and demanded that their Master wield a Keyblade against them? that's really impressive! I wonder if that Avatar personality would be implemented in Back Cover in any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back