• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think the Olympus Cups in KH3 will be fun?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
With KH1, and KH2 we had cup challenges. My favorite is the 99 rounds one. Basically asking will they go all out into making the cups this time around with more challenges, a return of the timer, new mechanics, or even the return of boss matches(KH1 ice titan, and sepoirth). I hope they add the ability to have characters from other worlds for more fun at least. Maybe even adding Heatless exclusive bosses to the coliseum(like mirage arena with the unversed).

Tell me me what you expect the return of cup challenges to be. I'm all ears.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm really not sure, I do think the Mirage Arena was better than KH2's atrocious coliseum. So that's a start. But I did still prefer the way it was set up in KH1, especially the Hades Cup.

I really like all the extra bosses. I would love for them to do more than just FF and Hercules bosses myself, but I could see it either way. Some unique Heartless would be nice. And I would prefer stuff like the timer be a second mode you do for a different reward like Kh1 as well. I don't mind it in general, but being forced to always do it is meh. Keep gross orbs and stuff away though please.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Keep gross orbs and stuff away though please.
Co-signed. I just want to fight, with solo or timed battles at most, not all these petty requirements that suck the fun out of it.

samues

they should be fun but with more cups in the game you know with more than just in kingdom hearts 2 had that would be nice too.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Co-signed. I just want to fight, with solo or timed battles at most, not all these petty requirements that suck the fun out of it.

And let us level up during the fights! That was so dumb that they got rid of a specific area where we could level up AND accomplish a side quest.

I'd also like to see other villains show up, maybe do-over boss battles, except they're harder this time around?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm not sure if it WILL be fun, but some of the things I would appreciate include:

- time attack should be separated from the regular cup
- no more COLLECT A MILLION ORBS TO SUCCEED
- include the option to fight some other characters, maybe for training (although this could also happen at a different world. LoD or DI would be perfect)
- restriction-mode for extra challenge

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm not sure if it WILL be fun, but some of the things I would appreciate include:

- time attack should be separated from the regular cup
- no more COLLECT A MILLION ORBS TO SUCCEED
- include the option to fight some other characters, maybe for training (although this could also happen at a different world. LoD or DI would be perfect)
- restriction-mode for extra challenge

If we visit Castle Oblivion (as an actual world and not cutscene), it would be great to be able to replay boss fights except harder. Kinda like in Pokemon when you can refight gym leaders. It would also "make sense" since it would be going into Sora's memories, rather than them being there physically like with the Coliseum.

samues

but how much cups would be in the game too yay know how many cause maybe I could say I want like around 10 cups maybe.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah no more collecting points please that was horrible and stressful and not fun. Also, maybe make the cups a bit... faster to beat? I mean KH1 had a 50 rounds cup that took like less than 20 mins, the KH2 ultimate 50 round cup takes an hour. I like challenge, but I don't like doing something for an hour, and then having to start the whole damn thing again if I fail one thing. KH1 overall had good and fun cups, KH2 did not. Too many gimmicks, just let me fight hard enemies that's all.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Go as much KH1 as possible.
Those tournaments were great, and the way they were placed in the story made me feel they were really part of it and not a secondary sidequest (what Sora says to Riku at Hollow Bastion about friends and his heart is but the conclusion he arrived to after Hercules Cup)
The ones in KH II seemed... empty. Detatched. Too much focus on giving each tournament its own mechanic and not enough to give them "heart", so to speak.

Once again, KH vs KH II translates into depth vs gameplay gimmicks.

So yeah, just make me fight strong enemies or interesting match ups, give me experience when I do it please, no reason not to, and as far as new stuff... I wouldn't mind more lore fights like the Mirage Arena or something.

KH2Rulz

Awards
To make it the most fun for me, with the least amount of actual programming/development effort:
- keep the ability to choose whichever round/enemy you want
- add the choice to go through each fight solo/with allies/without SCs/without magic/time trial - essentially choose your own restriction for each fight
- after you master the solo time trial, add the choice of 'cheats' - so faster SC commands, unlimited MP, unlimited Focus, etc.
- in non-cheat modes, enemies drop munny + lowered drop rates of synthesis items
- a la Re:Coded, you can modify Sora's HP/Lvl for increasing drop rates

Really, just add in Re:Coded's cheat options to the fights once you've 'mastered' each cup with a solo time trial.

And all this is pretty minimal effort. Lowering drop rates is probably the most impact if you can't program a global modifier. Developer modes of unlimited MP/Focus/HP must already exist, modifying Heartless ATK/DEF should be fairly simple and related to the battle level, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back