• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think that Ventus and Roxas will ever meet? aswell as Sora and Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokifan

I really hope they do, it would spoil the game for me if they hadn’t. So do you think all four will meet at some point in KH3??

Hallowseve

Well if those connected to Sora get revived (pretty much confirmed, lol) and Vanitas is a Seeker of Darkness, I'd think yes.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I've been waiting for Roxas to go on another rampage upon realizing that not even his hair is his own for many years now.
SE better not disappoint me.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Roxas went through hell just by being Sora's Nobody. Adding Ven into the mix could make for some good angsty moments.

kittengirly

I wonder. If they do meet, I'd be all for it, but not hoping its any emotional grievances.

Miasthma

Awards
I've been waiting for Roxas to go on another rampage upon realizing that not even his hair is his own for many years now.

Ventus: Nice to meet you! So how is it tha---

Roxas: Even the freakin' hair!? Really?!

gstkh2

My most profound hope is that Ventus and Lea will meet. And Lea's reaction to seeing his friend, and the explanation of the misunderstanding that follows, would be amazing. And then I suppose that this would facilitate explanations to the characters about why Roxas looked the way he did--and then we might get explanations on other characters who appeared identical, such as Xion or Vanitas, and a lot of really sad character arcs would be a lot less sad.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

And in the process throw all of Roxas' character growth out of the window? He already had the whole angsty identity crisis shtick during his first character arc, so there's no advantage in rethreading the same territory yet again just to squeeze in some additional drama and angst.
It's the same as if Riku would continue to whine over the Darkness and how he's unworthy etc., an unneeded repetition.

My most profound hope is that Ventus and Lea will meet. And Lea's reaction to seeing his friend, and the explanation of the misunderstanding that follows, would be amazing. And then I suppose that this would facilitate explanations to the characters about why Roxas looked the way he did--and then we might get explanations on other characters who appeared identical, such as Xion or Vanitas, and a lot of really sad character arcs would be a lot less sad.

Ventus and Lea? How exactly would that help anything? They barely met for ten minutes over ten years ago and it is obvious that Roxas is much more important than Ven to Lea while Ven himself is much more close to Terra and Aqua as well as probably Sora.
I doubt that there would be any real impact as those two barely know each other, that's like having a profound meeting between Mickey and Terra which would be equally awkward.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Ventus: Hey, emm, we kinda look---
Roxas: I AM ME NOBODY ELSE

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
And in the process throw all of Roxas' character growth out of the window? He already had the whole angsty identity crisis shtick during his first character arc, so there's no advantage in rethreading the same territory yet again just to squeeze in some additional drama and angst.
It's the same as if Riku would continue to whine over the Darkness and how he's unworthy etc., an unneeded repetition.

Regarding KH 3D, I don't think Roxas is really "through" with his angsty shit. His "I'm only a part of you, Sora" talk didn't sound too positive to me.
Besides, like I said I wouldn't mind if they pulled it off in a humorous way, either. I just think if they do stuff like let the Orga call Sora Roxas, they should at least include SOMETHING with Ventus and Roxas. And not just "oh, nice face" - "yeah, likewise".

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I want them to be like "hey there, good-lookin'."

They're totally gonna meet (would be kinda weird if they don't) but I hope it's not just a "hey" and then nothing. I really hope they play with the fact that they look alike, like having them switch clothes to fool the Norts or whatever.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

They're totally gonna meet (would be kinda weird if they don't) but I hope it's not just a "hey" and then nothing. I really hope they play with the fact that they look alike, like having them switch clothes to fool the Norts or whatever.

B-but! Their eyebrows are different D: Surely everyone notices that even though most (ingame) can't even tell Sora and Roxas apart...!
Other than that, I agree.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
B-but! Their eyebrows are different D: Surely everyone notices that even though most (ingame) can't even tell Sora and Roxas apart...!

Given SDG took a good while to see that Mulan was disguising as a man well.....

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Regarding KH 3D, I don't think Roxas is really "through" with his angsty shit. His "I'm only a part of you, Sora" talk didn't sound too positive to me.
Besides, like I said I wouldn't mind if they pulled it off in a humorous way, either. I just think if they do stuff like let the Orga call Sora Roxas, they should at least include SOMETHING with Ventus and Roxas. And not just "oh, nice face" - "yeah, likewise".

That part I'd wager has more to do with Roxas accepting and coming to terms with his current fate which was made inevitable, a continuation from his acceptance during the last part of KH 2 mixed with the continuous preaching of DiZ etc. taking somewhat a hold in his mind.
Sora on the other hand immediately shot that notion down and revealed he has the exact same stance Roxas himself had the whole time before the last part of KH 2, that he's indeed his own person. That's also why Riku remarks that had Sora and Roxas actually met in person during better circumstances beforehand, things could have played out in a less painful way.
In the future though when Roxas really returns he will surely have more interaction with Sora beforehand and thus already have more confidence at hand and the assurance that he has a heart of his own so looks/appearance won't be that much of a trigger anymore.
Plus, considering Ventus' personality I doubt he would give Roxas any grievances in that department and just like Sora already did in DDD reaffirm that "Roxas is Roxas and nobody else".

The humorous variant would at least be something new in the context of the KH series itself, as the angsty drama variant was already played three times to different degrees with Roxas in regards to Sora, with Xion in regards to both Roxas/Sora and with the Riku Replica and Riku in CoM.

I could actually totally see that, lol, especially since Ventus is more the type to be delighted to get a sort of "twin brother" rather than be upset about it.

In regards to the norts, I can already see Xigbar/Braig making some snarky and funny remarks when he meets/sees them together while Vanitas would have a "you gotta be fucking kidding me!"-reaction.

If Sora Ven and Roxas don't conduct some prank together i'll be sorely disappointed.

Sora and Ven I can easily see doing that due to their personalities in any case, as I can see other characters remarking on having those two together being "tiring" because of their overflowing energy and peppy personality playing off on each other and egging each other on constantly.
Roxas on the other hand is more the snarky and reserved one who would probably stand beside them and more often than not facepalm at Sora's and Ven's antics.

Other than that, I agree.

Not even most of the fans out-of-universe notice that and since it is the only truly distinct physical difference between them that isn't even that obvious. That people cannot tell apart Sora and Roxas is news to me though as they really only look similar and not "twin"-like same.
Heck, it took Riku just a second glance to realize Ventus is someone different to Roxas when never having had any contact with Ven beforehand so the only ones who maybe would get problems telling Ven and Roxas apart in-game would probably be Sora and Terra, maybe Donald as well but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back