• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think that KH3 will feel SPECIAL like your fav/1st KH game(s)?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will KH3 be as SPECIAL as your 1st or favourite KH game(s)?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • I have my doubts regarding that but the experience will be great regardless!

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • The feelings I have towards my fav/1st KH game(s) are irreplaceable, no matter how good KH3'll be!

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I think the game/its plot will be too contrived. Still (very) enjoyable as a whole, though.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nah. In fact, I think this game'll not work for me because...

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaXOmega

It's very likely to beat BBS as my favorite KH game. The question is will it stack up against Final Fantasy X and Nier:Automata, which I consider to be the 2 best games I've ever played. So far KH is my favorite series, but none of the games have reached that level yet.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
No. So far I think I'll enjoy it, and it might end up in the top 5 of my ranking of the KH games, but I doubt it'll match KH1 for me since the rest have failed to. All I want is something of equal value to Dream Drop Distance, more or less, and I'll be satisfied.

Please let it be better than DDD. That game was so boring.

Echoecho6

Awards
It is already better than DDD, KH1, BBS, Coded, and COM from what I have seen. There is no way it wont be... But KH2 ughhhhh

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Please let it be better than DDD. That game was so boring.
It would have to work overtime to sink much lower. I think KH3 will be (possibly) boring for different reasons: like a failure to disengage its characters from the constant gridlock preventing real and expansive development with regards to their arcs. I swear if Riku has another storyline about his horrible bad very dark past that he has to contend with I'm skipping all his cutscenes.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
It would have to work overtime to sink much lower. I think KH3 will be (possibly) boring for different reasons: like a failure to disengage its characters from the constant gridlock preventing real and expansive development with regards to their arcs. I swear if Riku has another storyline about his horrible bad very dark past that he has to contend with I'm skipping all his cutscenes.

Better fire up that options button, cause we see not only Data Riku on the dark side, but Replica Riku in his dark suit lol Plus some parallels to Dark Aqua and Riku when that time comes. He's probably going to brood over Way to the Dawn breaking before he bucks up and gets Braveheart.

robotman

This is kinda hard to answer when I haven't even played the game yet but I've already bought into the hype, if they include a few secret bosses, have a multi-layered final boss and include a couple more Disney worlds, then I honestly can't see why it wouldn't be. I wasn't that hype for KH1 but I was crazy about KH2.

wwinterj

Kingdom Hearts was something new and fresh. It had a simple story, great gameplay and really hit me in the feels at times. I don't expect KH 3 or any sequel for that matter to do the same.

cakito123

Awards
The interesting thing about KH3 is that it is the first game from the series that will END something. None of the games had a clear ending or a complete story with a wrapped up conclusion. On the contrary, all games wides and creates more and more material and more stories without and ending.

I think KH3 is already better than KH2 when I look at its gameplay, but story-wise I don't really know if nomura will manage to make the story really end.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The interesting thing about KH3 is that it is the first game from the series that will END something. None of the games had a clear ending or a complete story with a wrapped up conclusion. On the contrary, all games wides and creates more and more material and more stories without and ending.

Eh, I don't feel like that's been the case.
KH1 was, to the author's own admission, made conclusive *enough* in case the series wasn't going to be successful. Sure enough, Sora was still searching for Riku and Mickey, but the big bad guy was defeated, the worlds restored and the Heartless invasion stopped. For all we knew it could've been a stroll in the park.

And KH II was definitely an end. Every part of Xehanort got vanquished, the Organization was no more, Sora Riku and Kairi were back at home and Mickey was back at the castle.
Now, the secret ending and the Final Mix introduced the knights fighting at the graveyard, but at the time it wasn't necessarily going to be tied to what KH II left off (I remember that when I first heard it was going to be set in the past, that only strengthened my conviction that it could've been its own separate story).
After KH II and with Days being more of an introspection than anything, the series stopped having a clear goal in sight until the very end of BbS when it was obvious Aqua and Ventus at the very least needed to be saved and all the stories would connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back