• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think Sora will fall into the darkness in KH3D?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Youniquee

Awards
Since there was a thread about Riku's development in KH3D, I was thinking maybe Sora will fall into darkness and Riku will be the one to save him. Though, he won't be as irresponsible as Riku...(destroying worlds, manipulated, ect) I wonder if Sora will get some development if this happens?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
mabey he has to fight his dark side to take full controll of his heart

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
maybe vanitas will come back and try to take control

Fixed that...we're talking about Sora here, not Ven.

As we don't know for sure if Vanitas was completely destroyed for good there is certainly a possibility for him to screw up things and cause a mess...;)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes, because I imagine Sora needing to face his inner darkness. He's been so busy trying to find Riku and Kairi that there hasn't been time for him to stop and let his emotions out.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
since KH 3DS is the next title thats close to KH3, I hope that we get to play KH1 sora a little bit and more of KH2 sora at the end, I mean I hope they better make a KH game just because Sora and Riku are sleeping.

Maxyli138

Sora has handled his own darkness quite well in the past. He would have to go through something pretty drastic in KH3D to fall into the darkness. Or if someone possessed his heart. But I see Sora falling into darkness as more of a KH3 thing, or some other later game. A dark Sora would be interesting though. So to answer your question, I say maybe.

I just don't see Nomura making his poster-boy Sora drop into darkness.

I agree with this, but really anything can happen. Even to jolly cheerful Sora.

Last edited:

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I honestly don't think he'll fall into darkness, the only reason why he went into darkness in KH1 because his heart was weak.

billyzanesucks

Doesn't sound impossible to me, considering what Nomura said about "a Sora that falls and a Riku that flies."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I honestly don't think he'll fall into darkness, the only reason why he went into darkness in KH1 because his heart was weak.

Sora didn't go into the Darkness because his heart was weak. It was because he stabbed himself with a key.

When I think of Sora falling into the Darkness, I think of it more as Sora facing his own inner-Darkness and trying to defeat it. I don't think he'd go dark or evil and Riku would have to stop him, but rather Sora would spend time trying to overcome his emotions.

Somebody said that Sora has gotten past his anger and sadness pretty well, but I have to disagree. It was more like he pushed it aside to stay positive. He hasn't faced any of his anger head-on, and his sadness has been partially dealt with because he found his friends, who were the source of his sadness. Even so, there would still be lingering bits of that anger and sadness. It just doesn't go away like nothing. It sits and festers until it all comes out.

Maybe this is me theorizing, but if the theme of the game is trust, talks about "when light and darkness stand beside each other, light falls to darkness", Nomura's quote of "a Sora that falls, a Riku that flies", then I think Sora will probably have to learn how to trust in himself, and trust that Riku won't leave again. A big event like that had to affect Sora in some way, and what better way for that to be shown than facing his own inner Darkness--his doubts and fears and anger and hatred.

Last edited:

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Yeah but still his heart was weak, I mean look at his heartless it was the smallest heartless. Thats all I'm trying to say, and sorry I haven't played KH1 since 2004 haha. I forgot alot of things already wow, I hate how my PS2 died on me.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I know this is just hoping since I really don't pay two shits of attention to KH news anymore, but what I'd like is for him to pull a sort of Riku. Controlling darkness instead, since as I think it was said before in the series, darkness isn't all that bad. It's just who uses it. So him switching between Light and Darkness(cecil reference obviously) or using Darkness only a little bit I'd find pretty cool. Like a Drive from KH2, him switching into an outfit similiar to Vanitas' outfit.

So tl;dr, no, not falling into darkness, at BEST which I'd love to see happen, gain control over darkness.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah but still his heart was weak, I mean look at his heartless it was the smallest heartless. Thats all I'm trying to say, and sorry I haven't played KH1 since 2004 haha. I forgot alot of things already wow, I hate how my PS2 died on me.

By that point in the game, his heart was at its strongest point. He had just reclaimed his keyblade from Riku, and didn't even bat an eye at sacrificing himself to free Kairi's heart.

His heart didn't have that much Darkness, which is why his Heartless was so weak, but because he was aware of himself and hadn't become mindless, that proved his heart was strong.

Hope that helps.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
it sure does :D and sorry I haven't played the orignal KH in such a long time I'm barely remembering alot of the things that happened. haha.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
AS much as I'd love to see Sora fall....at the most I can see Vanitas returning and he tries to take control of Sora/Ven. And Vanitas would probably be the closest thing to dark Sora we will get.

Gram

Banned
Awards
hm... i like the idea and wouldnt mind it happening but i'd like to see him become light-obsessed or blinded by light like Eraqus was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back