• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think Kingdom Hearts x[chi] will be localized?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I'm certain this has been asked here before but I thought it is relevant again after Nomura's statements about the storyline and the videos in 2.5. Nomura is placing increasing importance on the storyline. Does that mean it's likely it goes international and if so what platform? I read somewhere on KHI someone was hoping it makes it to PS Vita. Maybe PSN/XBLA? I'd speculate it will just be PC though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Whether it is localized as a proper game or as a sort of movie, I don't know. But it's something that needs to happen seeing as how many of the lore from Chi is going to be incorporated into KH3's plot. Be it a game, a movie or even a translation of the myths of Chi released as a document, they need the overseas fandom to know this stuff. Hell, the purpose of "Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts" is to make every single Kingdom Hearts game available to old and new fans in preparation for the grand finale: Kingdom Hearts III. Some of us expect a sort of bundle of Dream. Drop. Distance. alongside a movie of Kingdom Hearts Chi.

HaruTheDemon

i hope only the story, not the game. Every good F2P Game from Asia comes to EU and NA and gets heavily pay2play (Tera -> especially in EU)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
There's really no reason it shouldn't already have been localized. There are social game outlets out there that can do this sort of thing, and not only could Square Enix pick any operation willing to do it, but has existing ties with social game developers through Disney (a Disney partner was their original choice), Square Enix and Eidos.

Maybe they haven't found anyone with a good translator, or maybe Square themselves (or possibly even Success Inc, depending on the contract) are being jerks and asking for too large a cut of the profits. Social games are relatively reliable profits, but not necessarily good profits.

Hopefully it gets worked out soon.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There's really no reason it shouldn't already have been localized. There are social game outlets out there that can do this sort of thing, and Square Enix can not only pick any operation willing to do it, but already has ties with social game developers through Disney (a Disney partner was their original choice), Square Enix and Eidos. Deus Ex: The Fall is running right now, for goodness sakes, get N-Fusion to do it.

Maybe they haven't found anyone with a good translator, or maybe Square or Success Inc themselves are being the jerks and asking for too large a cut of the profits (social games are reliable profits, but not necessarily reliable good profits).

Hopefully it gets worked out soon.

Except Disney doesn't. The only company that Disney owned that had the infrastructure to maintain chi was closed and considering how protective SE and Disney are with KH, I don't imagine they want to look too far out of their circle to have this game localized.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Well, actually Disney does still have an in-house social games division - they run Club Penguin and numerous failures. Yeah, I know, I wouldn't trust them with it either. (Disney also has a division called Disney Social Games, a name spawned from the height of corporate creativity, but I can't find any titles so it may be that they're not in operation).

My major point is that Disney has a corporate footprint larger than Godzilla, especially when combined with the others. Even if we do presume they don't want to look too far out from their circle, their circle is just that big.

Whatever the case, Square and Eidos are still here, I don't see why Disney's failure with Playdom should have delayed this for as long as it has.

That is, unless Disney has a contract from the Playdom days saying they get to distribute in North America and no one else.

EDIT: Also, I just don't know if I agree with the "don't want to reach outside their circle" idea in the first place. Why not hire someone external? That's how licensed social and mobile games are developed all the time. Square Enix uses an internal house for Agito; Success Inc for KHX and Praying Brage (and for all I know, several of the other games on Square Enix Bridge, but if I'm mistaken, that's just more companies for my list); a company called CyberConnect2, which actually has closer relations with Namco Bandai than Square, is running Final Fantasy VII: G-Bike; Eidos had N-4 Interactive develop Deus Ex: The Fall for mobile...

Disney might be protective, I could see that and maybe that's what's happening, but Square's approach to social and mobile has been all over the board.

Hell, it's a little off-topic, but if Square Enix established relations with a new house, they could port other games when there's money in it. For example: Praying Brage could be worth good money if it launches around the same time as Bravely Default 2.

It may very well be that Square Enix and/or Disney are doing one of these things as we speak and just don't want to get our hopes up, but if it is, I wish it would go just a teensy bit faster. It's already too late to promo KHX via 2.5HD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back