• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think kingdom hearts will sale because it's also a long awaited title?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Long awaited games are also played by the biggest youtubers. Though it doesn't affect sales, it would seem with disney actually joining on the marketing that they would show it to none gamers. Do you guy's think kh3 as a long awaited game will give a sales boost?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I think it's likely to easily surpass the handheld titles sales, but it probably won't be the most sold game in the series.

robotman

This is kind of difficult to answer. I really don't know how it's going to sell. KH1 sold around 5 million and KH2 sold around 4 million, so going by that KH3 should sell around 3 million? I don't know, it could sell more because it's now on two consoles instead of one but I still expect the majority of players to buy it on the PS4 regardless.

the red monster

Awards
i think it will hit around 4-5 million copies sold, it's not friendly for a newcomers because the story but gameplay and disney stuff should help.

Foxycian

Awards
just like ffxv basically since both were long awaited titles so pretty much gonna get the same amount of ffxv sales or maybe higher

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think it's likely to easily surpass the handheld titles sales, but it probably won't be the most sold game in the series.

I think we're severely underestimating the value of Kingdom Hearts. With the re-releases to HD, coupled with the theatrical promotion of the game, I think that Kingdom Hearts III would definitely surpass Kingdom Hearts II in terms of sales before 2020.

Also, Pixar and Disney Revival properties aren't just in the game because they're critically acclaimed properties, they're promotional incentives in their own right which inevitably bolster the interest of Kingdom Hearts to casual consumers.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the anticipation of dedicated fans will certainly drive up pre-orders and sales at release. How it fairs after that will depend more on how well Disney markets it to the general public. With a two month event coming to Disney Springs at Disney World for the game, I think the outlook is good on that front as well. This game has the potential to be the highest selling in the franchise.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It's difficult to gauge fan hype/social media trending and advance a concrete idea of how a game or product will do based solely on that. Films, for example, are tracked prior to release using all sorts of metrics in order to get a sense of where the intended audience is leaning, and the tracking is (frequently) wrong, sometimes very much so. This happens in both directions: films overperform and underperform relative to expectations all the time.

I've learned to take all the anticipation surrounding this game with a nice spoonful of salt. Its audience is ultimately still a niche within a niche; a subsection of JRPG fans who actually want to have their gaming experience filtered through the lens of Disney tropes and archetypes (or, even nicher, people like myself who want to see them disrupted on some level). I think the general appeal of the Disney elements is also overestimated: my guess is the vast majority of adults who watch and enjoy animated Disney films/all Disney films do so precisely because they are easy popcorn entertainment that last only a couple of hours, and the idea of having to immerse oneself in the process of playing through those stories for what is comparatively an eternity therefore defeats the purpose. For people who already gamers and Disney fans, it's a no brainer, but again, that's a niche.

So the question is really, I think, will kids beg their parents to buy this game for them the way many of us begged ours to buy KH1 for us? That's hard to say. The "3" might warn a lot of younger players away, as well as the emphasis on how it represents the "epic conclusion" to a long-running saga. Or they might not care and pick it up for the recognizable and friendly Disney characters. I do think it's in a less optimal position than either KH2 or any of the portable titles in that it's much easier for someone to pick up a series on the second installment or a side story/prequel and assume they'll make sense of the content somehow: there's a sense that they're not too late to get on the ride or, if you will, bandwagon. Once words like "the end" start popping up, though, I think people are a lot more hesitant to, in the first place, get themselves in too deep with something that may not provide any meaningful returns for them and, also, potentially spoil the possibility of experiencing the story from the beginning (someday).

Through sheer marketing and exposure (and current gen accessibility), KH3 will obviously beat out the handheld installments, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up closer to KH2 than KH1's performance. KH2 had hype and marketing as well, and it didn't go all that far on it.

bagcifreak

I'm actually pretty sure it will be the best selling game so far. Highly anticipated AAA titles sell really really good nowadays. Final Fantasy XV & Rise of the Tomb Raider both sold 7-8M copies after 1,5 years and I honestly expect nothing else from KH3. I mean Nier Automata sold 3.5M copies and I don't see why KH3 (a game that's like 280% more anticipated) wouldn't sell almost double. Also KH3 is on the XBOX now. I think the only thing holding KH3 back from even greater sales is that it's in english only making it less attractive for the young audience.

I mean 1.5+2.5 sold somewhere between 2-2.5M on the PS4 only. I don't understand why some people say it won't sell as good as the previous main titles when the re-release of a re-release already sold better than any of the handheld games.

Neo_

Awards
We live in a culture where everyone is eager to collectively rockpile on one game (Red Dead, Spiderman, Smash, etc.); KH3 will be no exception. There will be a lot of casuals hopping on for the ride, so get ready for the begrudgingly "I was here since day one".

No question it will be the best selling game in the series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back