• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think KH would have been better?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think KH would be better without Disney?

• Yes

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Noooo

Votes: 36 36.7%
  • Fuck what?

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Your stupid.

Votes: 43 43.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
Nooooooo! i luv the disney worlds and they made thier own worlds too ex: twilight town, radient garden and TWTNW

cloudwolf124

i say yes but the game is half owned by disney and square so if it didnt it would just be kind of like every final fantasy put together in one game with new main characters and a bunch of original worlds and i could see lots of plot holes

Escaping Light

Do you think the games would have been better if it didnt have Disney Worlds in it, and made its own ideas, and creations?

No. you fail. It has Disney worlds and some of their own.

ALSO, do you know how HARD it is to create a whole WORLD and characters and scenery, relationships, and all that mumbo jumbo? Writers have it hard, man. I doubt KH2 would be out right now if they had to make all their own stuff.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
i say yes but the game is half owned by disney and square

No it's not, the only thing Square owns in Kingdom Hearts is anything Final Fantasy related. The rest is Disney property (yes, that includes, Sora, Riku, Kairi, all the original characters and worlds, etc).

That said I think KH could have potentially still been a fun and decent game if it was a completely original production (it's debatable, really), but it would probably not be as succesful or popular without the market appeal of Disney, and wouldn't really have the same charm as a result.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Disney worlds is what made Kingdom Hearts appealing, Disney characters meshing together with Final Fantasy characters? That's incredible to see

A

Azrael

No shit.

KH could be a whole lot better. Days and KH II and CoM to a lesser degree proved that KH's magic got lost after the first one

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Um, no. I probably would have never played KH if it didn't have Disney. It's pretty much the only reason I do play. KH without Disney?---->See FF.

KH could be a whole lot better. Days and KH II and CoM to a lesser degree proved that KH's magic got lost after the first one
The makers of KH didn't use Disney the right way in all three of those games mentioned, with KHII getting the closest.
BBS looks like it's going to do it right, it appears.

DarkSoldier85

If they didnt have disney then itd be almost like tsubasa, just FF worlds... boring

Tsubasa is a great series, don't get me wrong, but Disney worlds are what set Kingdom Hearts apart from almost every other series. When I describe it to my friends who have never heard of it, I say, "It's a combination of Disney and Final Fantasy." Just wouldn't be the same without it. It's that innocence that makes it so appealing to all ages.

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Um, no. I probably would have never played KH if it didn't have Disney. It's pretty much the only reason I do play. KH without Disney?---->See FF.

The makers of KH didn't use Disney the right way in all three of those games mentioned, with KHII getting the closest.
BBS looks like it's going to do it right, it appears.
Yeah I mean Disney took the back story in COM and Days but I thought they were still good, although I would have liked to see more of it of course.........but I didn't think it was bad, I love both of them

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
No.
Probably be just a stand-alone game and not be as successful as it is now. May or may not have made so many games depending on how the first one would've done. And what Raz said about the Disney being used in the right way. Without the Disney, may not feel as young in a way.

Honestly, the game probably could have had successwithout Disney. However is wouldn't have been Kingdom Hearts! It would have been the Final Fantasy Chainsaw Mascre! It would involve a kid running with a chainsaw cutting up crickets in ninja costumes! Which I would play. Honestly without Disney involved it would have been a totally different game then what the final product turned out to be. Kingdom Hearts without Disney is like having Turner without Hooch. K-9 without Jerry Lee. It would be just Badong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back