• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think familiarizing with KHX's story is a must-do, even if I absolutely hate it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enturax

Awards
I hate its graphic style, I dislike the combat, I hate the fact that (from what I heard, at least) the quests give you no important story knowledge for the most part until 100-and-something mission, I dislike everything being told through text conversations and I don't want to explore the same worlds yet again, or even HEAR some of their music tracks, like Wonderland's.

So, the only option left for me is reading the plot on some website IF it's really all that important and probably won't be told again in KH3(?).

The new art coming from KHX forced me to create this topic...

Muke

whatever
Awards
The KH X lore is already a must-know because Maleficent is looking for the box of the MoM. There'll prooobably be a lot more
So I'd say yes.

Enturax

Awards
:frown: Do you have any suggestion on how to survive it? :biggrin: Looking up its story on the net, like I said?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
...yeah.
There's still the possibility that KH III's story will be easily understood even without it (we know so little about the box that making KH III explain all about it is totally doable), but personally I fear that's not going to be the case.

Enturax

Awards
Thank You, Tetsuya Nomura... I guess that every popular series are forced to go out of its own boundries and start sucking by trying to attract even more people :/

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If it is solely about the main story narrative I'd advise to just watch the important story cutscenes on Youtube.
There are quite a few channels like KHInsiders or Everglow who have them neatly ordered to binge watch.
Since so many of the "quests" are meaningless filler anyways it also shouldn't be too long a watch.

Right now this is also the only way to actually access the story of the Original Browser-Chi which actually had the big war. Union X takes place in the aftermath and there are some flashbacks but that's it.

Sadly, the X-lore is truly a sort-of must know by now due to its undeniable ties to KH III's story and featuring characters connected to the present day, namely Maleficent, Lauriam (the original being of Marluxia) and Ventus.

Muke

whatever
Awards
:frown: Do you have any suggestion on how to survive it? :biggrin: Looking up its story on the net, like I said?
I'm currently creating a thread - "The Story of KHX" which I will be updating everytime a new story update happens. Sooo look forward to that, I guess?

Enturax

Awards
If it is solely about the main story narrative I'd advise to just watch the important story cutscenes on Youtube.
There are quite a few channels like KHInsiders or Everglow who have them neatly ordered to binge watch.
Since so many of the "quests" are meaningless filler anyways it also shouldn't be too long a watch.

Right now this is also the only way to actually access the story of the Original Browser-Chi which actually had the big war. Union X takes place in the aftermath and there are some flashbacks but that's it.

Sadly, the X-lore is truly a sort-of must know by now due to its undeniable ties to KH III's story and featuring characters connected to the present day, namely Maleficent, Lauriam (the original being of Marluxia) and Ventus.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Enturax

Awards
I'm currently creating a thread - "The Story of KHX" which I will be updating everytime a new story update happens. Sooo look forward to that, I guess?

Cool, so now I have some decent options, I guess :tongue: Thanks :wink:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
We khinsiders gotcha covered, bud. Like Seph said, watching the story cutscenes in the KHI youtube playlist (I hope the link works) or by other youtubers uploading quality records can suffice and let you touch upon the KHX games the least possible. I also think Muke's thread will become the main source of getting the plot quickly at hand. So no need to grow hate towards the X line, enjoy the story as it progresses despite the art style and we'll probably meet quite a few of the X characters in the future games as well, in different, more attractive visuals for you :] I personally am pretty optimistic, though I got frustrated over the ridiculous amount of filler things...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
How could you hate the art style for Kingdom Hearts Union X? It's adorable and it's stylistic to the Fairy Tale theme.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'd actually be interested in developing a lil video narrating the game's important points in an attractive storybook style. As someone who absolutely dreads the way this story and this world is being shown to us, any way to make it more palatable to people with truly refined tastes such as myself would be pretty damn nice.

wwinterj

It's strange that Square apparently wanted all Kingdom Hearts games on one console(hence the collections) yet X still remains absent. Still unless it comes to consoles I won't be bothering with it. Perhaps Kingdom Hearts 3 will have a recap of sorts for it. Even if it doesn't I'll just watch the important stuff on youtube.

Muke

whatever
Awards
It's strange that Square apparently wanted all Kingdom Hearts games on one console(hence the collections) yet X still remains absent. Still unless it comes to consoles I won't be bothering with it. Perhaps Kingdom Hearts 3 will have a recap of sorts for it. Even if it doesn't I'll just watch the important stuff on youtube.
You could also read through my thread - every important Quest is included and nothing is left out! *shameless advertising*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It's not really that strange when one remembers that in the beginning X[chi] and everything associated with it was not supposed to be connected this deeply with the present day characters and story and aside from some parts of the "Foreteller's script" not even canon.

As for the all on one console-issue, that is technically the case with the PS4 collections and 2.8 which includes X Back Cover.
Only problem is that X Back Cover certainly doesn't hold everything that is needed and while it introduces the basics of the X-era, it is more or less just a really big teaser for the phone game.

In regards to its importance to KH III and the overall narrative Nomura even admitted that Unchained/Union Cross is the one more important for KH III:
Famitsu said:
- That's just one instance where we can see the connection between those two stories... In [KHxBC], we catch a glimpse at the human side of each Foreteller, which wasn't evident in [KHx] or in [KHUx] and it was refreshing.

Nomura: It's the first time hearing the voices of those that appear in [KHxBC], and for the people that haven't played [KHx] or [KHUx], then this is also the first time ever meeting them. Being a bit short of an hour, during this restricted time, I had to be careful to display their individuality, and have the player feel a sense of attachment and empathy toward them. Now, it should be noted that [KHxBC] is a story about the Foretellers and the events that occurred behind the scenes, so for the parts of the story which are important and connected to the main story, including the Keyblade War, I have separated the story telling of that into [KHx] and [KHUx], which can only be experienced by playing them.

Or tl;dr:
Nomura simply threw easy accessibility partly out of the window again by deciding to make Union X this important and closely connected to the main story.

NoNameKeyblade

Personally I don't think it is absolutely essential, but the third game will be more enjoyable having a knowledge of the lore behind it. You learn so much from KHX concerning keyblade lore and the keyblade war which would be extremely useful in understanding the context behind Xehanort's goals. Also Xehanort's keyblade has more to it than what just meets the eye - if you know what I mean ������

lusca_bueno

So far I wouldn't say it's necessary, but a lot of things point to being VERY necessary when it comes to the big picture in which KHIII is gonna fit. Like the way Lauriam has been introduced, and the way Nomura already hinted at his presence in KHIII, so the connection, specially with the content of Back Cover, might be fundamental. Also, Maleficent seems to be very self aware and deeply participating in its plot, which could hint at how she'll play her game in KHIII.

redcrown

Awards
KH3 should be glad I'm still a fan even after all the lore black holes it's created, only a clockwork orange forced viewing would make me absorb KHuxchicross.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back