• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think coded will be a cinematic film like Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

georgonio

Do you think Kingdom Hearts Coded will be cinematic film just like Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days? They both came out for Nintendo DS!!!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Do You Think Coded Will be a Cinematic Film Like Days?

IDK, I hope it's a full fledged game, but since it was made on the DS they would most likely have to remake it from the ground up so chances are that it'll be cutscenes only as well.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

You know, Re:coded was such a blast to play, that I naturally hope for the game too, but at the least we should expect cute little cutscenes of it. I actually hope they blend it a bit better than with Days, with no text to read, including fight scenes, etc.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net

I wish it was just cutscenes too. I mean, yeah sure playing would be better, but the game was really arduous.

AlbertJ

Awards

I think it will most likely be cutscenes, unfortunately. I would love to have it redone and playable though but I know that will take even more time than just adapting it into a "movie" like Days. It is my favorite game out of the three that use that command deck.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I would want the game(could do without the Avatar menu maybe: too many sectors there for a console remake) but it will probably be just cutscenes with some filler.

Korai

Awards

I expect another visual novel like 358/2 Days. I kinda half expect them to surprise us by adding a remake of DDD.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Love the game but I see it getting the days treatment as well.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I think it will be video. It's pretty much been all but confirmed. As for 3D? The game is far too new for a remake...But it WOULD be nice! :3

Santiago

Coded being a short game that isn't very cutscene heavy, I think it merits a full game. Square Enix may think otherwise, however.

We can safely assume it'll be a cinematic film until announced otherwise.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Most of the important cutscenes can still be remade. They'd fill up well under an hour.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards

It'd be nice, but I don't think it'll happen. Not a lot of people liked Coded.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

It'd be nice, but I don't think it'll happen. Not a lot of people liked Coded.

I don't think it is so much about LIKING as it is bringing new players up to speed. In my opinion, CoM was the LEAST appealing game. (tho I will admit, it grew on me) The best way to sell it to both old fans and new would be to simply make it into cutscenes (Coded, that is). They definitely won't remake the game a THIRD time, and even then, it would have to be a complete ground-up process. Very unpleasant. And I'm of the mindset that 2.5 will be out before KH3, with enough time to play the whole thing.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Let's take into consideration what porting a DS game to PS3 would entail.

-The complete reconstruction of all visual assets
-A complete redux of all music (coded only has about six new tracks, but still)
-Reworking the game to function on a single screen and full controller

All told, they'd effectively be building a brand new game, not unlike the way they had to build KHFM for the collection.

So unless porting IIFM and BbSFM is a fairly expedient process (which it might be) we'll be seeing a Re:coded Theatre.

Reconstructing KHFM probably ate up a lot of the time for developing 1.5. It may even be the biggest reason they couldn't afford the time to completely port over Days (remember, it's something they had wanted to do initially). So since Re:coded's strongest trait is the gameplay... it wouldn't surprise me to see it completely ported. In fact, I really hope they do.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

-The complete reconstruction of all visual assets

Not hard since most of these assets probably already exist in some capacity. They would probably have to change world layouts, but they already have half the work done in some instances.

-A complete redux of all music (coded only has about six new tracks, but still)

Also lucky because most of the songs in CoM have been remastered or rerecorded at some point in the last 5 years.

-Reworking the game to function on a single screen and full controller

Which I imagine would be very simple. I think they might have to mess around with the overclocks on Keyblades, but that is nothing serious.

So unless porting IIFM and BbSFM is a fairly expedient process (which it might be) we'll be seeing a Re:coded Theatre.

It should be. BBSFM was made by Osaka so they know the code better than anybody, and up-porting it probably won't be hard. I imagine they might smooth out the character models. Maybe if they try making Mirage Arena an online function, it might be a bit more work but the game itself could do it via adhoc so it would only be a matter of having some kind of server and menu so people can have private rooms with their friends as well as open ones.

So since Re:coded's strongest trait is the gameplay... it wouldn't surprise me to see it completely ported. In fact, I really hope they do.

If they do, I will cry. I love Re:coded so much. I wouldn't even mind if they just outsourced it if they had to. I'd love to play it in HD xD

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Unfortunately I don't see it happening. They didn't make 358/2 Days into a remade game because that would've taken resources and effort away from making KH3 (which they referred to as 'the next game' prior to its announcement).

Since the Osaka team has however made BBSFM and DDD (and that recently, so they're probably very familiar with the games' code), I'd love for them to focus instead on those games, making them smooth in gameplay and pretty in HD.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I hope it's playable, but it'll probably just be cutscenes. Wait, I have a thought. Wouldn't it be easier for Square Enix to make the System Sectors look exactly like they do on the DS? Imagine all the stylistic suck they could do.

Gram

Banned
Awards

^ I'd actually like to see what the sectors look like on ps3.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Wouldn't it be easier for Square Enix to make the System Sectors look exactly like they do on the DS? Imagine all the stylistic suck they could do.
I think... it would look supremely ugly running in 720p. I'd like System Sectors to be updated and look a bit more like Space Paranoids, honestly.

But the PS3's hardware could allow for a lot of cool effects. Things could pixelize when they disappear, for instance.

Sora's Brother

I have to agree with FudgeMintGuardian. Coded will more than likely be cutscenes. Both KH2FM+ and BBSFM will be easy to transfer and polish to HD, with out losing too much time on developing KH3.
Here is another thought, though.... What about KH: Birth By Sleep Vol.2!? At the end of the Secret Ep. It makes mention of BBS Vol.2.
What do you think!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back