• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DO you think BBS is the best KH game yet?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think BBS is the best KH title yet?

• Hell YES!!!

Votes: 75 52.1%
  • Not sure, yet....

Votes: 27 18.8%
  • Nope.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • I love all the kh games!

Votes: 31 21.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zulkir

not the best yet but second... kh 3 will be the best title without a doubt, i still want the game a shit load harder, with all the duelwielding and extra commands the game get soo easy.

You can adjust to difficulty to whatever suits you. If Critical is too easy, then try the Zero EXP ability.

If you are already using that and finding the game easy, well here's a cookie for you.

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.
but I really love the game. you can pick at it on a few stuff , but the only thing that gets to me , is that it hasn't felt like a kingdom hearts yet. I'm hoping to get that with ven and aqua in just a bit.

That's my opinion too. Heh.
It's a really, really good game, but there's a different feel that just can not put it above 1 and 2 for me. Ven's story so far is the closest to that feel, but it's not entirely there. We'll see about Aqua's later. I love the game, I really do. And it helps put the pieces together on what the heck happened/has been happening perfectly. I just can't put it above the other two, so it's tied for now with KH2 for me. Aqua's will make/break it for me.

But then again, it's my personal opinion. And you can't change that opinion. :)

Z

Zulkir

BBS is certainly better than any other KH game out there. KH 1 has one point above it in one category though, which is implementing the disney worlds into the plot instead of filler. Either way BBS sure as hell jumped the series out of the trash pit that KH2 and KH days put it in.

KHHacker6595

To me BBS had what KH1 had, Structure. Thats the thing that to me makes a KH game a KH game. The Story blends well into the overall game, worlds effect the plot. The gameplay system is creative and fast paced, but still feels more KH1 than 2. You have to think when using abilities, not just mashing X. The characters are new, and make the game seem more interesting and make me actually want to know what happens to them. The worlds are fun and not too over the top or don't fit, for example Port Royal in KH2. They actually work in the story, like the home worlds of the 3 Princess of Heart. Neverland seemed like the world i wanted to see in KH1 and for improving it in BBS, thats a plus. Deep Space was interesting, and allowed for a Lilo & Stitch world to return for a future KH title. Disney Town was fun and i still go back their to level up and play some mini-games once in a while. The Difficulty wasn't that hard, but i still enjoyed going to the worlds and not being too concerned about being stuck on a boss for like a week. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is definitely better than KH2 and is just even with the original Kingdom Hearts. I give it a 5/5 for being just as good as the game that started this series.

Janus Q

i like the game for it's characters and battle systems. however my only complaints are these. i wish the disney villains had more presence, the loading times are a drag. and i wish we had more villains like the org 13 in this game. Xehanort and Vanitas are cool, but i feel like they need and entourage or something.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Although I haven't completed even my first scenario, I have to say "Nope." (At least so far)

I think the visits to the worlds were too quick and small; I completed many of them in under 20 minutes, if not all of them. Also, any bosses that I've fought I've only been stuck on for a few minutes, and I'm playing Proud Mode. Although I do really like the game, so far my expectations were better than the game itself.

Come at me with all your disagreements and arguments. ;P

First off, do critical mode.

Second off, there's more than just the worlds. Try getting all the stages in the mirage arena and beating those on your own, or taking on the two secret bosses. That's plenty to keep a gamer occupied.

BBS, in my opinion, is not only the best KH game, but one of the best games I've ever played PERIOD.

Arausio

Celtic God of Water
KH1 is still my fav <3

in order from best to worst IMO
KH1
CoM
BBS
KH2
Days

i finished BBS already i was impressed, though kh1 is still better in my eyes

DarkJoker

BBS is far better then the the other two side games announced with it but not the best in the series.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
BBS, in my opinion, is not only the best KH game, but one of the best games I've ever played PERIOD.

I completely agree.

Some people will always say that it's KH1 that's the best... but to be honest, I think it's the nostalgia that's getting in the way or just the fact that it's the first KH game most people played. Heck, I have a friend who played KH2 first and he thinks it's the best just for the sake that it was the first he played.

Before the American Release of BBS, I've been doing a backwards chronological play-through of all the KH games (except for 358/2 Days since I don't have a DS) and I will definitely say Birth By Sleep is the best one in the series so far. And I would definitely say it's the best PSP game as well.

groxerg

I have just sat through about 40+ hours of gameplay on BBS. It is easily the best kingdom hearts game to date. To those who disagree ill provide reasons why you are wrong. First off if the story confuses or doesn't grab you, if you finish the game completely it will (and by completely i mean all three characters plus the secret ending. The secret ending is what really ties the entire game up). The story is just great, as good if not better than the 1st. The combat system they've introduced is amazingly great. It turned kingdom hearts from an easy button masher to a simple, yet complex, battle system which requires a lot more skill to master. Boss fights were far more challenging than in the past. Also its got multiplayer (which i have yet to try). This game really lacks nothing at all (except maybe a few FF characters, but then again Zack is the man).

Byakuya

Well, I've enjoyed it far more than both games in the main series and CoM, so I guess I could say that it is, in my mind, for the moment.

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;
Kh:BBS is my favourite KH game after completed the game in JPN ver. It has good storyline, gameplay and minigames.
I wonder if there are any additional games or boss in America ver?

Awards
What's up with peoples nostalgia factor? It seems to go pretty far. I mean I liked the first KH as well but...

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
First off, do critical mode.
I'm so tired of this. Worlds in Critical Mode are still thirty minutes, tops. Without being too careless I can still mash on X most of the time, and I can exploit commands and shotlock on bosses. Critical Mode is not hard.

BbS is a good game, but nowhere near as good as some of you make it out to be. My biggest tiff with it is the oh so wonderfully bland world design. You can tell there was some effort to bring some platforming back to the series, but man am I tired of walking into large, empty rooms where all I do in them is fight enemies and open treasure chests. They're everywhere. Personally, they're chiefly why at this point I find myself having to force myself to continue, something I shouldn't have to be doing.

KH1 was great because it had charm, something I can honestly say the other games lack. It's almost as if "nostalgia" is the go-to buzzword used to defend BbS' shortcomings.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
except for Days that is, hated it with a passion!
BBS sure as hell jumped the series out of the trash pit that KH2 and KH days put it in.
in order from best to worst IMO
KH1
CoM
BBS
KH2
Days
How about people just shut up about days now. We know you don't like, we get it,enough.

I actually enjoy every Kingdom hearts game, I have no real complaints, seeing as how the Pros far outweigh the cons.

Some people will always say that it's KH1 that's the best... but to be honest, I think it's the nostalgia that's getting in the way or just the fact that it's the first KH game
yeah, I agree there. That may be why I go back and play through it every now and again XD

Xammag

I'm so tired of this. Worlds in Critical Mode are still thirty minutes, tops. Without being too careless I can still mash on X most of the time, and I can exploit commands and shotlock on bosses. Critical Mode is not hard.

BbS is a good game, but nowhere near as good as some of you make it out to be. My biggest tiff with it is the oh so wonderfully bland world design. You can tell there was some effort to bring some platforming back to the series, but man am I tired of walking into large, empty rooms where all I do in them is fight enemies and open treasure chests. They're everywhere. Personally, they're chiefly why at this point I find myself having to force myself to continue, something I shouldn't have to be doing.

KH1 was great because it had charm, something I can honestly say the other games lack. It's almost as if "nostalgia" is the go-to buzzword used to defend BbS' shortcomings.

I've died 50+ times on the Olympus Collisium boss fight in Proud Mode with Terra, so I disagree with that statement of being thirty minutes tops.

Honestly, I haven't played KH1 in years, but there isn't much of a difference in open areas in BBS then there was in KH2 or Days. THe hting I like best about BBS is that it is your experience, even if its the same hero, it can be different each time. You can level up your commands by doing command board, grinding (if you like), and even if you are having trouble with a boss, you retain your xp and cp (I think thats right. THats how the Colliseum tournament worked, anyway). You can have a terra decked out in just physical attacks with status effects, or mix him up with magic. Nobody has to play the same way if you don't want it to.

If you don't like it, then I suppose you probably should just wait for KH3 or 3ds for the next big thing, but I recommend you try to enjoy it. If it is a problem with a particular character, I have heard that Ventus has the most "KHlike" story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back