• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you replay games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Depends on the game, for example when It comes to games like Detroit: Become Human and the Mass Effect Series I instantly replay them because I want to see what would happen if I did some of the important decisions differently. Although games that have several stories to them like Fire Emblem Three Houses I leave them a few months before I start the next story because one playthrough is long enough.

However when I play games like Danganronpa, I wouldn’t play those games again as although I enjoyed them, I feel like there is no point playing them again as I already know how the game is going to play out, I just can’t get any more enjoyment out of games like that as the mystery that makes the games so interesting the first playthrough is gone and I imagine I would have a similar reaction to games like Professor Layton and Ace Attorney.

Although when It comes to the Kingdom Hearts series and Persona series, I’ll never get bored replaying them since they are way too fun to play only once.

Kimmy1980

Awards
I never get tired with replaying any KH game. I keep hoping I'll catch some little thing I missed that is important to the series. I recently played BBS again for the 4th time. I have so many saves for KH1, Chain of Memories, KH2, 358/2 Days, Re:Coded and BBS. I have not played any of the newer games, because the units are so expensive. I only played FFX once, and I still love that game. I was working on getting my characters cross-training for the third time before I took down SIN. First boss battle consisted, of a Holy, Holy, Holy, Heal, and then another Holy. It was epic and beautiful.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
If it's a very long expansive game I'll usually wait a few years before replaying it (on my second playthrough of Death Stranding now as an example). If it's a shorter game with lots of replay value then I'll typically do 2-3 playthroughs on release. Just started my second playthrough of No More Heroes 3 after getting through it in about ten hours. The other most recent example I can think of is playing through RE Village twice in a row.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Yes, but just for childhood games really. Once in a while I’ll get the urge to play games I loved at a younger age like Pokémon Red/Blue or Link’s Awakening etc.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
It depends on the game. As a kid I was so much more likely to replay everything, funds to buy new games and games in general were so much more limited back then, while my imagination was unlimited and I could have fun just living life in Donkey Kong's house on Donkey Kong 64. Those were the days when I could be bored and randomly be like "Alright, better go hit max level on 'this' game," something that is so much less likely now and doesn't sound nearly as appealing.

I'm much more selective on games I'll replay now for several reasons, but they all really factor into time in some way. I don't have NEARLY as much time as I used to due to work and having a family and whatnot. And there's also just so many games I haven't played yet that I would really love to, some even still on SNES or Sega CD. Great new games keep coming out piled on top of a library of old games I still want to play, and while I guess it's a good problem to have, I just feel guilty replaying something sometimes when I could be playing a game I've never played before.

But there are those special exceptions. I still replay KH1 every few years I feel, which can lead into playing other KH games. All the PS1 rpgs from my childhood, FF7, FF8, FF9, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, could easily start a playthrough of any of those at any given time. Games like Metal Gear Solid, Radiata Stories, Crash, Spyro, FF10 and Zelda Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening DX, just the stuff I grew up with that really made me fall in love with the medium in the first place feel like they have infinite repeatability to me. And any time there's a remaster or a port, it always feels like the perfect excuse to do jump in and play it again.

And then there's that handful of special games from adulthood. Alan Wake, A Way Out, Yakuza, some of these left a special impression on me as well, and they're games I couldn't imagine not replaying several times because I loved their characters, worlds, and stories so much.

D

Deleted member 246005

Not since the ps2 era. With the ps3/ps4 I'm more likely to borrow games and move on to the next.

Granted I have started replaying RDR2 and God of War(PS4).

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The ones I like, I replay once a year or more, depending on where my mood takes me. I tend to re-visit things I've loved pretty often. I re-read books, re-watch TV series / movies, etc. etc. Every time is a new experience. Sometimes you re-interpret a line or you see something (whether it's symbolism or a particular detail or a character motivation, whatever) you haven't seen before. It's not like a check-list of needing to play something again so much as the desire to re-play comes on naturally at some point. In a way, it's like having a craving for a particular food you haven't had in a while.

Besides, when I really do like something, those are usually the times where the endings make me cry because the time with those characters is over. I re-visit in a way to keep those characters "alive" in my mind, so to speak. :p Sequels and never-ending series are made for people like me, lol.

farming

Awards
Oh yes! My favorite is classic Warcraft 3.
Its plot made me happier in those days when I was young.
When LOTR was just in cinemas 1 time per year, Reign of Chaos made its debut.
I play it every year. Moreover, I liked Reforged version despite tons of negative reviews.

EricksonLee

Awards
Yes. I replay games. I have been playing WoW Classic, a 15-year-old video game for a long time. And now I'm waiting for the new edition: WotLK Classic to release.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I usually replay my games quite frequently, but recently I've gotten into audiobooks and play them mute while I listen to the audiobooks.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Not as much as I used to. Between having a backlog hundreds deep and running a youtube gaming channel, I have to keep moving on to a new game right after finishing one.

sheelage

Awards
I don't replay games as often as I used to, but I do find myself going back to specific titles that I really enjoyed. One of the main reasons I'm drawn to those games is because of the nostalgia factor - I remember how much fun I had playing it the first time and how much I learned from it. Another reason is that I want to challenge myself and see if I can beat the game again or if I can take a different approach and get a different result. As for tips and tricks on how to win every game ever created, I recommend checking out this guide from back2gaming.com.

Last edited:
Back