• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you really need to hang out with friends all the time?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
If my title is confusing let me clarify. My parents, more specifically my step-dad, and mom are always on me about not making many friends, hanging out with friends, doing things with friends, etc. It got me thinking, I don't really feel like i'm missing out on anything when I don't go outside, and hang out with friends. I've never been the social type, and don't see myself becoming one, plus it's hard for me to really grow towards friends emotionally. I prefer to just hang out in my room when I get home from school. I'm not really sure what i'm trying to ask, just wanting to get your opinions on whether, or not it's really all that bad if a person doesn't hang out with friends outside of school.

D

Dexter

No it's not bad, just means you have no life. Which is good, because that's me to. We should hangout!

impart

Climb The Sky
nahhh.

I hate hanging out with friends. I prefer to be alone and, like you said- in my room

it's not that I dont like my friends, its that I like being by myself better. it cant be helped.

that's just the way you are

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
Your parents are just worried that you won't have any friends so you won't have a good future or a wife.

Yet, here I am, i'm in a sport, I have a good sized number of friends, I have no social problems what so ever in the sense I don't come across as a awkward individual, I am basically an average kid, and yet they still try to push for me to go to dances(which i've tried, and didn't like), and the like.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
It's not like there is something to stop you from being around your friends. As long as it's like, if you felt like it, you would, then it doesn't seem like you have any problems.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
yeah

i was like this too some time
i was afraid of making friends because i always lost the ones i had, and my parents encouraged me to hang out and get in trouble sometimes. I always had at least 1 best friend who i could just chill and stuff, last year i started talking to more people, something happened in mexico, which totally destroyed my shyness. right now im in one of the happiest periods of my life, and i have great friends.
now my problem is. im scared to shit about graduating high school, and never seeing my friends again

I blame kingdom hearts lol
it made me appreciate my friends so much
lol

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
yeah

i was like this too some time
i was afraid of making friends because i always lost the ones i had, and my parents encouraged me to hang out and get in trouble sometimes. I always had at least 1 best friend who i could just chill and stuff, last year i started talking to more people, something happened in mexico, which totally destroyed my shyness. right now im in one of the happiest periods of my life, and i have great friends.
now my problem is. im scared to shit about graduating high school, and never seeing my friends again

I blame kingdom hearts lol
it made me appreciate my friends so much
lol

Eh, it's not so much the fear of losing the ones I have as to rejection for me. That's a big deal for friend making, I don't make friends alot because I don't know when you go from acquantinces to friends, you know? If I do and get rejected it's a big deal for me, I hate this fact for me but I don't handle rejection well.

D

Deleted member 71005

I wouldn't say that it's always necessary to hang out with your friends. Just hang out whenever you feel like it, me and my friends hang out at least once a week because that's what we feel like doing. You have to remember that you yourself are an not just a friend but an individual.

Fortissimo

It just depends on they type pf person you are and the type of friends you have. No you don't need to be with your friends all the time, but if you don't hang out with them enough, there is a lot you could be missing. I use to keep to myself because I didn't have friends that were interested in doing anything, nor was I. We all just wanted to chill out on our own. Then one day out of the blue, we started doing things together and its been great for all of us and we are all a lot closer. But we all need our days to ourselves too.

Its good to have a balance, like, see them on the weekends or have a movie night or something along the lines of that. Just a day or days where you all can meet up and hang together.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Your parents might think something is wrong. I used to be the same way and they constantly pestered me to go with my friends and now, I'm never home. It's nice to hang with your friends once in a while though but I don't think nothing is wrong with being alone.

Gram

Banned
Awards
If my title is confusing let me clarify. My parents, more specifically my step-dad, and mom are always on me about not making many friends, hanging out with friends, doing things with friends, etc. It got me thinking, I don't really feel like i'm missing out on anything when I don't go outside, and hang out with friends. I've never been the social type, and don't see myself becoming one, plus it's hard for me to really grow towards friends emotionally. I prefer to just hang out in my room when I get home from school. I'm not really sure what i'm trying to ask, just wanting to get your opinions on whether, or not it's really all that bad if a person doesn't hang out with friends outside of school.

no its not bad im that way in fact, i dont like to socialize never have.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
As for everything, moderation is the key. As I get older, I realise that when I was like 13-15 I missed on a lot of quality time with family.

These days I'm too busy to hang out with friends, though they're gracious enough to visit me.

Keep it all balanced, you'll never know what you missed until it was too late

krexia

Translator
Awards
You don't have to hang out with them all the time, but it's important for your mental (and even physical) health to have at least a few close friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back