• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you prefer your anime short or longer?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LKani_X

Website
www.gaiaonline.com
Just what the title says. I consider 100+ episode animes to be lengthy.

Personally, I don't like watching episode after episode after episode, which is why I prefer short animes that don't take too much time to watch. Though I say 100 episodes up there, I won't continue to watch a series if it has too many fillers.

Your opinion?

FortuneCookie

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't like long anime either because of the fillers. They tend to repeat things over too. Most of the short ones I've watched covered up the main story and didn't bore me. So I prefer shorter anime =P

RPG_Fanatic

Short Animes are better. If they keep going for over 100 episodes, it's because the battles take forevers, the plot moves like frozen molasses, there are to many fillers and/or random enemies appear out of nowhere.

Haku

<3
It mainly depends on the type of anime it is, if its one of my favorites I would prefer it to be longer but if its a anime that I find boring a would like it to be shorter.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
well i perfer a 100+ anime because if i dont have any other anime to watch then ill just continue with the 100+

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
I like shorter animes. The long ones are just ridiculous. Bleach is alright and all, but for me, the action is just getting repetitive, and while the story is somewhat interesting, it's lost my interest over the past year.

I prefer anime shows that range from the 20-50 episode range.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My limit for a series is 50ish.

After that...if it's more than that, it better be damn good to keep me interested.

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
It doesn't matter for me. I enjoy FLCL which is very short, and then I also enjoy Rurouni Kenshin and the never ending series of anime and games of .Hack. As long as the plot is interesting for the longer anime, I'll still watch it.

Fireheart

Doesn't really matter to me as long as the story is good and the anime is actually kept alive with new ideas if it is long. I tend to watch shorter anime though due to time constraints.

Shindou

Website
www.myspace.com
In my opinion, it depends on how complicated is. FLCL was an awesome anime even though it was only 6 episodes long (correct me if I'm wrong).
It seems that most of the animes that go over 80 either repeat way too much, fall to fillers, or even both.
For me, the happy-medium would be 50-60 episodes.

twilight abyss

depend, true longer does tend to have filler and take parts out,but short ones dont tell the whole stry most of the time, the anime is over before the manga, like FMA
the longer ones tell the ENTIRE story, and dont make up an ending since the manga is over before the anime

.:Roxas:.

Banned
i really like both...but kinda dont really like short ones as much because in all the short animes i've watched (FLCL, S-CRY-ED, eureka seven) then anime tends to end in a cliffhanger making you want more. but long animes on the other hand are cool because you get to enjoy a lot of new episodes and barely any reruns.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Hardly ever watch anything 100 eps or more (with the exception of Prince of Tennis). Most anime series I watch range between 10-50ish range.

Ryuichi

I stopped watching InuYasha, when I found out it was still going on in Japan... <.< I love Miroku-sama, but not enough to watch 200+ episodes.

The longest anime I will watch is 42 episodes. I like having 13 episodes... Since most yaoi series are that long. XD 26 is also a good number. Cowboy Bebop did a lot in 26 eps and it felt complete. The movie was a nice touch, though. XD

Murasame

I've never been that particular about anime length, I like anime that have anywhere between 50 and 150 episodes, and 250+ for long series( One Piece is love <3) is fine too, as long as they can successfully convey their story in the episodes that they have, without too many fillers, then I'm fine with it.

mistyElk0

The Torrent of Power
I don't care how long or short they are as long a the story is interesting...

except for Fullmetal Alchemist... I can't remember if it was 50 or 51 episodes... but I would of liked to see more... The story was good and I believe it could of been longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back