• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you plan to jump ship after KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've noticed several comments from members saying they would most likely jump ship after the end of the current saga. I was just wondering what most fans' thoughts on this are? Do you plan to keep with the series after KH3 or not? Why or why not?

I personally plan to keep with the series as long as it goes on. It's probably the only story-focused game series I follow other than Final Fantasy, since it has Disney characters and I don't have too much time or money to play new games/series these days. I think the only thing that might tempt me to quit is if they were to phase Sora and Riku out of the character lineup. I don't mind if they occasionally have different character leads (like with Days and BbS), but abandoning those two altogether would most likely make me quit.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I was just thinking about making a thread about this. It's hard to say because maturity does take a toll. When I played Kingdom Hearts 2 I was only 16 and now I'm 25. I don't know what will be about the future of the franchise. As for a guy too, its hard to find a women that actually games too and would play Kingdom Hearts ;). I don't know what's going to happen.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'll most likely jump ship after KH3. I haven't been in this fandom has long as some other people have who've been with it since the beginning (I started playing around 2006 I think) but long enough that I feel worn out by it. My favoritism for it just isn't what it once was and as time goes on I find myself just neutrally acknowledging it. My interest has been very slowly dying for years already, since about the time 3D came out I think, and I don't think I'll ever really enjoy it the same way I used to. I don't think my like for it will diminish to the point of hate or bitterness because i do have many happy memories with the series and I have been with it since forever, but I just can't enjoy it anymore even as a silly nonsensical romp.

It also doesn't help that I can't afford newer video game systems and I generally just don't play as many video games as I used to. Both because of lost of interest and losing interest due to not being able to play a lot of games in the first place. The last home console I bought was a PS2 Phat way back when and I neither up dated nor have any other system than that. Chances are I won't be able to afford a PS4, or even a PS3, anytime soon and I have more pressing matters that don't concern video games.

KH is still a series I hold near and dear to my heart, but for various reasons I just feel that I can't keep up with it anymore. I'm holding out till KH3 because I want to at least see this saga till the end, but after that I don't think I'll give serious attention to it anymore.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Probably not. While the current saga has been a complete mess at times, part of the appeal of the new saga is that it will have a clean slate. Nomura could literally start fresh without worrying about plot threads from the previous saga.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've stuck with the series since the beginning and it means a LOT to me, so I'll most likely stick with it, depending on the story for the next games. If it's not interesting, then I'll probably jump ship, but I'll most likely stick with it~

SephirothZ

Ill stick with it, but I will not be buying a portable system if they go that route. Kingdom Hearts will always bring out the kid in me. I do hope they bring up the maturity level though to match the aging audience. Ill still enjoy it though.

I also hope they stick with Sora and company (which I believe they said they would) only a little older.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I mean to stick with it if at all possible. As long as they tie this mess up neatly in a bow, and in a satisfying fashion, I'll be happy to continue forward.

That said I hope my money mess gets better really soon. ^^ I hate having to spoiler myself...

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I'm definitely jumping ship after KINGDOM HEARTS III. For two reasons:

1) While I love the concept behind Kingdom Hearts, the story has gotten so twisted that I can't find myself enjoying it like I used to. I've gotten to a point where my suspension of disbelief is starting to wane is certain respects. It's not me getting old or anything, it's just that I'm slowly starting to raise my standards and expectations for all forms of media. And sorry to say, Kingdom Hearts as of now hasn't met my standards yet.

2) I simply cannot afford to continue on after this point. New game systems (portable or not) are expensive and I don't have that kind of money. I think the last home game console I see myself buying is either a PS4 or a WiiU. And with the console spread issue of the franchise being a nagging complaint (albeit one that has been dealt with beautifully), I just don't think I have the financial wherewithal to keep up with this series.

So yeah, I'm dropping out of the Kingdom Hearts Academy after the Xehanort Semester since... well, the class no longer interests me and the tuition is ridiculously over-priced.

Sora1274

No way I'm sticking with it until the end. I got the first kingdom hearts when I was 6 and was the first video game I played and is the main reason I still play video games today and the reason I bought each console/portable i own.

axel95

Awards
I know that I'll get KH4, and I'll see how things go from there. I don't see myself ever giving up the series completely. I will most likely only play the numbered games after KH3, due to all of the responsibilities of becoming an adult. I like a decent variety in the games that I play. And if we get a repeat of how spread out the Xehanort saga's games were, I can guarantee you that I'll only buy the ones for consoles I already own. I really don't see that happening again, but you never know.

BEASTENDER

I'm 21 now, and my cousin first introduced me to Kingdom Hearts around the time it came out. I didn't actually buy a KH game until 358/2 days. I looked at gameplay of II in the earlier days of youtube and thought the game looked fun (and that influenced my decision to buy DAYS). That same cousin was playing KH2 in 2008/2009 for whatever reason and I actually played this time. It got cut short, but I wanted more. So i decided I'd buy a new PS2 and new copy of KH2 (Either just before or after the releases of BBS). Over time it became my favorite game of all time, and the series later became my favorite game series of all time (and Square Enix became my favorite game developer).

I grew up a hardcore Nintendo fan, but loved Sonic even more so when I was young. Based on how much I adored those games (and I was blessed with many), KH becoming my favorite series is quite a statement. I'm pretty sure Nomura said that any games following KH3 would star Sora, so I think I'll stick with it for a while longer. I love Disney, but it is weird being a grown man now and watching another young man dance around with goof Disney characters now and then. I don't mind the crazy storyline, as long as he plans things out further. He had no idea KH1 would take off in the way it did, so that's understandable. But a lot of the confusion stems from making the story up as he goes along, as opposed to planning out a proper storyline: that's also open to new additions that are additive and not confusing/unnecessary.

Even though I'm so ill that I can't leave my home (and have been for over a year), I still don't play games too often in all that free time. I buy maybe 2 to 3 a year now if that, so while I'm not disinterested in gaming, times are changing for me. KH will always be dear to me, but just like with Sonic and Mario, my interest for the series as a whole may fade away over time.

limit

Heh, I can't see myself jumping ship at all. I've hit lows with the KH series lately, to the point where I might not even feel the same magic as before. But the thing is, this series is so close to my heart that I can't help but follow it to the very end. All the good memories and times, I just couldn't leave that behind.

Sure, the series has been really messy, but I still have faith in Nomura. There's been so many small things in the series that have still given me that same sense of magic, and considering KH4 gives Nomura the opportunity to start with a clean slate, I still have hope for the series.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I'll most likely jump ship after KH3. I haven't been in this fandom has long as some other people have who've been with it since the beginning (I started playing around 2006 I think) but long enough that I feel worn out by it. My favoritism for it just isn't what it once was and as time goes on I find myself just neutrally acknowledging it. My interest has been very slowly dying for years already, since about the time 3D came out I think, and I don't think I'll ever really enjoy it the same way I used to. I don't think my like for it will diminish to the point of hate or bitterness because i do have many happy memories with the series and I have been with it since forever, but I just can't enjoy it anymore even as a silly nonsensical romp.

It also doesn't help that I can't afford newer video game systems and I generally just don't play as many video games as I used to. Both because of lost of interest and losing interest due to not being able to play a lot of games in the first place. The last home console I bought was a PS2 Phat way back when and I neither up dated nor have any other system than that. Chances are I won't be able to afford a PS4, or even a PS3, anytime soon and I have more pressing matters that don't concern video games.

KH is still a series I hold near and dear to my heart, but for various reasons I just feel that I can't keep up with it anymore. I'm holding out till KH3 because I want to at least see this saga till the end, but after that I don't think I'll give serious attention to it anymore.

I don't work unfortunately...but some how you just make want me to buy you a PS3 and PS4 :(.

It's hard to let go something that you grow up with. I guess that's the nature of things of life. We are all getting older and we will never know what lies ahead of journey. Like I have said on my previous post. Maturity does take a serious toll and there are other things to be discovered. If that were to happen hopefully if I ever retire from something. Maybe I'll get back but who knows maybe I'll have kids that may play the franchise. I for one, for sure I'm stuck in this forum for as long as is being able paid for to be maintained. We will see what's yet to come. There's also going to be Final Mix Kingdom Hearts 3 which I hope it makes its way to North America instead being an exclusive for awhile. We will see.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If there's a Disney movie I really like in KH4, sure, why not? I just don't really want there to be more Kingdom Hearts after III.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I feel like we've had this thread before and the title was worded almost the exact same way.

Anyway, as long as the games continue to be good, I will continue to play them.

Hobbe

I'd forgotten about that. So long as they're consistent and tasteful in their use of source material, I'm in for keeps.

There're so many boundaries Kingdom Hearts would punch a hole through if they started including near - complete universes inside of their already cosmologically ridiculous setting.

Dark Wing

Awards
Kingdom Hearts became my favorite video game series of all time from the first moment I heard "simple and clean" playing in the very first commercial on tv and it will remain my favorite til the day I die!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back