• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do YOU mind?(again)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Would you mind if in one of the next khs the main character be a girl?

• yes

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • no

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • I am not sure/don't know

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mesmerized

Re: Do YOU mind??!?!?!?(again)

I think it would be a nice change to have a female character. Yet, she does need to be cool in order to wow the KH fans.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Yeah yeah,after all that mess,i mde again this thread and i ask once again if would you mind if in the next kh the main character is a girl e.t.c e.t.c e.t.c
I don't.
Yeah yeah,feel free to flame >.>

I think it'd be cool to have a playable girl character, but as a main character? No

1. While possible she could be a good addition to the team, Square usually over girly-fies their female character, leaving them with nothing but high magic ability. Making them a great Cleric/White Mage/Black Mage/Summoner/Generic term for magic user.

2. Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story. the next game isn't even going to be Kingdom Hearts. If you watch the wording carefully, Nomura said "New Series"

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

While I do agree with PMF that KH is more or less Sora's game, I think that a female antagonist is a great idea. There aren't many good RPG's with a female lead.(at least in my experience)

Besides, the Next KH game is going to star a completly different cast of characters than the last three did. A heroine as a main character in a KH game is quite possible.

kiante

I personally don't think it'd work too well. I'm SOOOO gonna get flamed for this though, aren't I?

Simply put, guys and girls ARE different. Guys tend to be more logical, focus more on their thoughts and using their mind, while girls are more emotional and focus more on their feelings (and the feelings of others).

Now, I'm not saying guys are better than girls or vice/versa, I'm saying that, for the main character of KH (Or similar action RPG games), I think a guy is a better choice. I mean, KH is supposed to be a game about adventuring and action, going and being the warrior, the woman's natural role is not the warrior, but the comforter and nurterer. Now, the roles can be reversed, but it simply doesn't work as well. Women are also BETTER comforters and nurterers on average than men, and men are on average better warriors and hunters/gatherers. If this were a game about raising kids or simply helping people, maybe, but it involves QUITE a bit of fighting, and killing. I simply don't think it'd work as well.

On another note, there are still more guy gamers than girl, and I'd like a main character that I can kinda rewlate to (being a guy).

Y

Yannis

No, I wouldnt mind. She could be like this:

meri-final-fantasy-xiii.jpg

She´s from Final Fantasy...

GIIIIIIIIIRLZ :D

Website
xephelyn.deviantart.com

I personally don't think it'd work too well. I'm SOOOO gonna get flamed for this though, aren't I?

Simply put, guys and girls ARE different. Guys tend to be more logical, focus more on their thoughts and using their mind, while girls are more emotional and focus more on their feelings (and the feelings of others).

Now, I'm not saying guys are better than girls or vice/versa, I'm saying that, for the main character of KH (Or similar action RPG games), I think a guy is a better choice. I mean, KH is supposed to be a game about adventuring and action, going and being the warrior, the woman's natural role is not the warrior, but the comforter and nurterer. Now, the roles can be reversed, but it simply doesn't work as well. Women are also BETTER comforters and nurterers on average than men, and men are on average better warriors and hunters/gatherers. If this were a game about raising kids or simply helping people, maybe, but it involves QUITE a bit of fighting, and killing. I simply don't think it'd work as well.

On another note, there are still more guy gamers than girl, and I'd like a main character that I can kinda rewlate to (being a guy).

Ya got some respectable points there, but like you said, those roles can be reversed so in the end, everyone will be happy.

While I think it's a pretty neat idea, I still have my doubts. From the few SQUARE games I've played, I often end up not really liking their female characters. So...yeah, this could be utter fail. (If they made her like Yuffie or Aeris with a sword instead of a staff, that'd be cool though.)

Neriek

Well, I think it could be a cool idea. But,one thing that would change is how old the lead character is going to be. If they are kids like Sora was,l then maybe it would be better to have a boy. But, a girl might work well. Maybe if they had someone like Namine, obviously not the same but still. I think that might work. But, a girly girl, like you see on these American dramas...no thanks.

All in all, I think it could work, and I would like to see them try.

O

Oberon

I don't mind. But she better be as fun to play as as Sora or Roxas. =D

Obscured fire

|?|エリイ|?| Azixel
Website
azixel.deviantart.com

Lol,i know i know,well i am fedd up with all those girly girls e.t.c
Who knows dude,we might see a manly girl ;P
Oh well,it not has to be a MAIN MAIN character,you know,you might control her a few times having Sora e.t.c
Dude just thinking >.>

kiante

Hey, I wouldn't mind playing as a girl character every once in a while in the game, just not the Main.

And while the roles CAN be reversed, it doesn't work as well that way, in real life anyway. Women are naturally BETTER at nurtering and caring than guys, and guys are naturally better at more physical oriented tasks. Not to say that some girls aren't better at physical tasks than some guys, and the vice/versa for caring, but it usually works better if they are in their natural roles.

Destination

That would be extemmly cool if it was a girl, all we've played so far is Boy, boy, and boy.

so a change would make the game a bit more excitable.

_ソラ_

A girl as a main character is cool and all, but I wouldn't want to see it happen in Kingdom Hearts. To me, it just wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts if Sora wasn't the main character. I have nothing agents girls being the main character, I just can't picture anyone but Sora as the star in KH.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

While I do agree with PMF that KH is more or less Sora's game, I think that a female antagonist is a great idea. There aren't many good RPG's with a female lead.(at least in my experience)

Besides, the Next KH game is going to star a completly different cast of characters than the last three did. A e as a main character in a KH game is quite possible.

There is no more or less. Nomu-san said that Kingdom Hearts IS Sora's story. Meaning the game with TAV isn't going to be titled Kingdom Hearts. It'll have another title. Currently it's codenamed "Kingdom Hearts", but that's not an official title.

Mysticgamer

Personally, I'd like them to do more with Kairi like actually have her in the party (magic user would be good, Riku can be the tank, and Sora the damage dealer) like Riku was at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back