• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you like the alternative cut-scenes when you actually lose a fight?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it was a pretty cool addition. I felt it added some nice realism to see Sora struggling to stand up after you lose a battle in game.

Now obviously they can't do that for every fight (Though seeing the game continue after losing the fight vs Master Xehanort might be cool) but for fights where the bad guy isn't going to die anyways, it would not be a bad addition. Or at least it will make Sora look more vulnerable and not the most bad ass fighter in the history of mankind.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I like the idea and it would bring back some good nostalgia from some of the small KH1 fights. But, like you said, it can't be every fight. Definitely not the important ones. Everyone is always complaining how Kingdom Hearts is too easy, this would just be the nail on the coffin.

You basically can't lose, even if you lose lol.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I miss them sooo much!
I can't really remember, but did DDD have those? I guess it didn't, right?

So, to get back to what I was saying:
Those cutscenes were really lovely and while KH1 had a bunch of those, KH2 had such gimmicks with minor fights (Against the Dusks in TT, Beast's Castle,..).

It'd be cool to reintroduce them. I think we haven't seen them since KH2, but I am not sure.

Anagram

Banned
You mean like in KH1? When you won or lost to Leon and Cloud in your first meetings one or two scenes would play. I'd love to have scenes like that again. =3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yeah, why not.
Best thing about that is missing some (because you're just way too fucking good muhahaha) and then looking them up on Youtube.

Sdog

Awards
Definitely! Made it feel a bit more personal. Sad that they have to be so few in the scope of it all but when its a scripted story it only makes sense.

Anagram

Banned
I remember getting a new scene for the first time back in 2002 lol. I somehow managed to beat Leon in that first meeting and was all "wait..."

Sdog

Awards
I remember getting a new scene for the first time back in 2002 lol. I somehow managed to beat Leon in that first meeting and was all "wait..."

I remember finding out he was actually beatable, lol. Pretty sore still I went through all those playthroughs letting him just have his way with me to progress...

Anagram

Banned
I remember finding out he was actually beatable, lol. Pretty sore still I went through all those playthroughs letting him just have his way with me to progress...

I know what ya mean. xD It's a certain type of feeling to go "wait...I can WIN this!?"

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It was so interesting to me when I lost to Cloud the first time. I thought you were always meant to lose to him. Then one playthrough I decided to level up really high and fight him. When I played through the game for the first few times, I always went to Wonderland then the Coliseum then Deep Jungle, so this time I decided to go to Wonderland, Deep Jungle then Coliseum and I managed to beat him and I was so happy to get the other scene.

I think they should bring this back for certain fights, probably moreso in the DISNEY worlds.

I always liked the alternate scenes, although Sora's kind of a wimp cause he just falls over after beating Leon.

I think it'd be cool if the last fight was super hard and if you lost it changed somehow to make it easier, but if you beat it without losing you get an achievement/trophy and a slightly different ending. Extremely unlikely though, cause that's a too gimmicky.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I always liked the alternate scenes, although Sora's kind of a wimp cause he just falls over after beating Leon.

I think it'd be cool if the last fight was super hard and if you lost it changed somehow to make it easier, but if you beat it without losing you get an achievement/trophy and a slightly different ending. Extremely unlikely though, cause that's a too gimmicky.

I think they had Sora falling over after beating Leon to show that he's still weak and needs to learn.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I like alternative scenes based on CHOICES and world order.... I'm not sure if I can really articulate a great opinion on battle-loss alt scenes, as sometimes I wish I could try a boss again, even if it's really hard.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Yes, I liked them and would certainly like to see such a thing come back in II, if they can work it into the story^^

I also wouldn't mind a bit of the opposite, either: That if story-wise you're not supposed to win the fight, that you don't have to, or are even forced to lose.

I know why it would bother some people, but...

That part in CoM, against Riku 4, always bothered me. You won that fight, but suddenly the game's telling you it's all an act--that Riku's really okay--and with one blast from him, you're on the floor and he's about to kill you?

I wish there'd been two parts to that fight, then. One where you actually did beat him and the story reflected that, and after that--when he later fakes you out--you're actually forced to lose that fight? IDK.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes. It does add its own sort of replay value, because you want to see what all the different scenes are like.

Neyan

Aaa I loved those and it would be great if they returned in KH3

I actually wouldn't mind having them for major fights as well, perhaps even including a sort of "bad ending"- I know it's very unlikely but I think it'd be nice nonetheless. It wouldn't even have to be dramatic, maybe something like in Tales of Zestiria where, if you defeat the big bad too early, you get a single cutscene that happens because the characters are still missing cruicial information at that point in the story. Something similar midway through the game would be very nice imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back