• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you guy's think god of war pioneer fantasy/science fiction genre to be more human in games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Hello. I wanted to talk about god of war possibly being a pioneer game for fictional games. Now i'm not saying it's the only one, but that it should be categorized as one of many pioneer games. Looking at using the father role trope, the most human emotions I see more than any soap opera(i'm serious), the theme of grieving, fricking parenting being a great sub-theme, and the theme of embracing your past & moving on. I think god of war changed fictional of story. I hope games in the future look to god of war for story inspiration. I don't got much to say, but I believe God of war ps4 should be a pioneer game. Please tell me what you think. Thank you.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
When you say "God of War", are you referring to the newest entry in the franchise? Or the very first one?

I wanted to talk about god of war possibly being a pioneer game for fictional games.
*points at the previous games released*

but that it should be categorized as one of many pioneer games.
Well, according to Merriam-Webster, a pioneer is "a person or group that originates or helps open up a new line of thought or activity or a new method or technical development", so let's examine that.

Looking at using the father role trope, the most human emotions I see more than any soap opera(i'm serious), the theme of grieving, fricking parenting being a great sub-theme, and the theme of embracing your past & moving on.
You could say that the Last of Us falls under the father and parenting tropes, seeing as how the relationship between Joel and Ellie could be arguably one of father-daughter.

But this isn't, nor will it be the first or last time, for video games to tackle more realistic social experience, issues and dilemmas.

TheMostRad

I think "artistic" might be a better word for it than "pioneer". As Caius mentioned above, God of War (PS4) isn't the first game to touch upon themes of parenting/grieving or to evoke empathy from the player to contribute to the overall story being told/experience being delivered.

Also, while we're at it, the original God of War for PS2 could be considered "artistic", though certainly for different reasons. The original God of War (before making Kratos the petty, 150% rage monster of the sequels) was written and structured as its own Greek tragedy, almost akin to the 12 Trials of Hercules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back