• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you feel iffy about liking some games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I know opinions are opinions, and you shouldn't feel bad for your own personal opinion, but the video game community is one of those groups where revealing your opinion can be grim idea. This happened to me with a particular person who disregarded my viewpoints, but eventually apologized later. It still caught my eye about certain audiences disliking the specific games I play.

It revealed to me that the video community can be deranged. Arguing if Xbox One or PS4 is better, Halo or Call of Duty is better, 3DS or Vita is better, etc. Don't you get overwhelmed by this sometimes?

So, my question is, do you feel bad about liking certain video game that you just cannot share in public?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I have way more bad things to say about Skyrim than good at this point and yet I can still sit on my ass and play it for hours

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I like a certain SpongeBob game and I feel people would think I'm weird cause of my age loool.
It was just a fun childhood game I always enjoyed for some reason, which is why I like it. It brings back good memories.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't like Final Fantasy 7 that much. In fact, I like Final Fantasy 8 more than it.
People really get angry because of it.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I never feel bad about liking or disliking something personally, especially when it concerns games. Some of my favorite conversations are with people who share different opinions on a game than I do. I've often enjoyed games that were critically poorly received. The internet is crazy and argumentative, but it's worth it when you can find people who can disagree but still hold a conversation about a game.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
The iffyness usually doesn't come from me liking any particular game, but rather just from partaking in the video game fandom in general. There's everything from Purists to Console Cultists to general elitist assholes, and then all the loudmouthed 12-year-olds who feel obliged to make complete asses of themselves at all times.

It's a ton of noise that I don't need in my life. So I avoid the general fandom, and avoid any reason to feel sheepish about my gaming preferences.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Nah. If I like something, I embrace my love. Could care less about what people think

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I love this game. It got a HD Remaster for the PS4 and Wii U by THQ Nordic and I am eternally grateful for that. People are going to dismiss it for its outdated video game design and "terrible" voice acting.

PlayStation-Store-Update-del-30-Luglio-RUBRICA-2.jpg

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I actually liked Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, even if the game is glitchy and rushed. I can understand the criticism from those that hate the game.

Same! To be fair it's probably mostly just because it was one of the first games I got to own myself as a kid so it was really special. But I had tons of fun with is anyway so whatever.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
When i was purchasing date a live rio reincarnation it was the first time i ever purchased a dating sim visual novel and with the amount of people at eb games i had to be really quick to not get noticed to avoided getting judged for liking those kind of games since then i've just used online shopping to avoid that kind of judgement.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I felt this way about Undertale for a few years. I decided to try the game and ended up really enjoying it’s story and characters so out of curiosity I decided to look into the fandom, but the more I heard about the fandom and the way people viewed it, I decided I rather not associate with it and I didn’t play the game for a while because I felt bad about enjoying it . After a while I decided to replay the game because I realised just how silly it was allowing a bad fandom to stop me from playing a good game ( I still don’t associate with the fandom though)

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I've always enjoyed Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword more than Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

Majora feels too... claustrophobic for me, the world is actually really small and while full of stuff, I enjoy proper dungeons and bosses and the amount was dissatisfying for me in MM. When I first got to the reveal that the mask was the villain, I thought there would be a second part with four more dungeons.

Twilight Princess was ruined for me the moment Ganondorf showed his face. Zant was an interesting new villain and they turned him into a whiny temper-tantrum toddler.

Meanwhile Ocarina has a magic and epicness that I feel Majora lacks a lot, and Skyward Sword I never actually had issues with the controls or anything. But noooo, I'm not allowed to think Majora isn't the best game in the series, or that Skyward Sword is ok.

D

Deleted member 263385

basically me and the pokemon franchise now vs whne it was back then.

Back