Do you feel iffy about liking some games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bufferino

super hyped
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Keyblade Master
  • Life is Strange
  • Final Fantasy VII PC
  • In the Grid
I know opinions are opinions, and you shouldn't feel bad for your own personal opinion, but the video game community is one of those groups where revealing your opinion can be grim idea. This happened to me with a particular person who disregarded my viewpoints, but eventually apologized later. It still caught my eye about certain audiences disliking the specific games I play.

It revealed to me that the video community can be deranged. Arguing if Xbox One or PS4 is better, Halo or Call of Duty is better, 3DS or Vita is better, etc. Don't you get overwhelmed by this sometimes?

So, my question is, do you feel bad about liking certain video game that you just cannot share in public?

Howler

I want you to be happier
  • No Name
  • Master Defender
  • The Foreteller
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
I like a certain SpongeBob game and I feel people would think I'm weird cause of my age loool.
It was just a fun childhood game I always enjoyed for some reason, which is why I like it. It brings back good memories.

Noir

Bronze Member
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Tomb Raider
I don't like Final Fantasy 7 that much. In fact, I like Final Fantasy 8 more than it.
People really get angry because of it.

Grizzly

Stopza
  • Beauty Within
  • Steadfast Heart
  • Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
I never feel bad about liking or disliking something personally, especially when it concerns games. Some of my favorite conversations are with people who share different opinions on a game than I do. I've often enjoyed games that were critically poorly received. The internet is crazy and argumentative, but it's worth it when you can find people who can disagree but still hold a conversation about a game.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
  • Steadfast Heart
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Superior of the In-Between
  • Flix and Chill
  • Fairest of them All
  • Crafty Soul
The iffyness usually doesn't come from me liking any particular game, but rather just from partaking in the video game fandom in general. There's everything from Purists to Console Cultists to general elitist assholes, and then all the loudmouthed 12-year-olds who feel obliged to make complete asses of themselves at all times.

It's a ton of noise that I don't need in my life. So I avoid the general fandom, and avoid any reason to feel sheepish about my gaming preferences.

Muke

whatever
  • Savage Nymph
  • Key of Destiny
  • Graceful Assassin
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Melodious Nocturne
Nah. If I like something, I embrace my love. Could care less about what people think

Alpha Baymax

Silver Member
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
I love this game. It got a HD Remaster for the PS4 and Wii U by THQ Nordic and I am eternally grateful for that. People are going to dismiss it for its outdated video game design and "terrible" voice acting.

catcake

eien no chikai
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Melodious Nocturne
  • Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Luna Diviner
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Chilly Academic
I actually liked Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, even if the game is glitchy and rushed. I can understand the criticism from those that hate the game.
Same! To be fair it's probably mostly just because it was one of the first games I got to own myself as a kid so it was really special. But I had tons of fun with is anyway so whatever.