• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you Believe....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Well do you ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vnnk

A gay Nobody would be interesting. The only thing is, they couldn't fully express their sexuality as they are Nobodies. But still, I would love to see Demyx come back and become gay. It would make him more likable to me (simply because I'd think it would suit his personality).
Agreed i hope in the future they will implement this and just tells us more about the Non apprentices Org members for all we know they could all be gay tbh

Tired excuse the pointless posts....

Last edited:

Wolffang

Agreed i hope in the future they will implement this and just tells us more about the Non apprentices Org members for all we know they could all be gay tbh

By non apprentices, you mean Roxas and Xion, because they weren't apprentices after the first week. And all of Organization XIII gay? Well I wouldn't say that much, most of them seemed pretty straight to me.

vnnk

By non apprentices, you mean Roxas and Xion, because they weren't apprentices after the first week. And all of Organization XIII gay? Well I wouldn't say that much, most of them seemed pretty straight to me.

I meant the ones after all the original org members ATW apprentices

yea sorry about that im kinda tired at them moment and not thinking right D:

Going to bed talk in the morning guys

Wolffang

I meant the ones after all the original org members ATW apprentices

yea sorry about that im kinda tired at them moment and not thinking right D:

OH! You mean the founding members. Yeah, none of them were gay. (No sarcasm intended.) Well...except maybe Xemnas' floating in Mission Mode on 358/2 Days.

If you're tired you should go to bed?

State

Awards
It's because games are typically made by straight guys. That's why women and gays have less of a presence unless it's as a shallow love interest or stereotype.

/assuming nomura's not homosexual

State

Awards
Also, Nomura has a kid and a family and lives in Japan. I highly doubt he is gay.
...So? Do you know how many men are married and have an affair with someone of the same sex? And since we don't know about his true sexuality, we both can't say he's either straight or gay.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
...So? Do you know how many men are married and have an affair with someone of the same sex? And since we don't know about his true sexuality, we both can't say he's either straight or gay.
and that's why the keyword "Typically" was there.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I don't expect anything. I was making a general statement earlier, which wasn't even directed at Kingdom Hearts.

Plus, I don't really think Nomura's sexuality has anything to do with what is shown in his work.

State

Awards
I don't expect anything. I was making a general statement earlier, which wasn't even directed at Kingdom Hearts.

Plus, I don't really think Nomura's sexuality has anything to do with what is shown in his work.

It's because games are typically made by straight guys. That's why women and gays have less of a presence unless it's as a shallow love interest or stereotype.
Do say.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I do say.

Someone's sexuality doesn't -have- to have any part in their work. It's not like straight people are only capable of writing straight characters. I was just giving a general explanation that, while someone's sexuality doesn't -have- to play a part in their work, it often does.

My statement shifted from the general (talking about the typical game developer) to the specific (that i don't think Nomura's sexuality plays much of a part when it comes to KH).

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Honestly, I don't think Disney would be that against adding a gay character. Heck, Days added a transgender character when you think about it.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Xion was genderless.

I doubt they would just jump in and add a gay character without any objections.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
She was clearly a transgendered character, even if it wasn't as obvious. She had a female form, but question if that's who she really was, and in the end of the game comes to terms that she is really Sora. It doesn't get much clear than that. The fact that she was a "doll" underneath it all is irrelevant when it comes to identity.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
She was clearly a transgendered character, even if it wasn't as obvious. She had a female form, but question if that's who she really was, and in the end of the game comes to terms that she is really Sora. It doesn't get much clear than that. The fact that she was a "doll" underneath it all is irrelevant when it comes to identity.

People first need to accept the fact that Xion's a genderless and/or transgendered character, considering it's still hard to take in, I'm guessing, from experience.

Then we can build up from there. Otherwise...

But I thought that regardless of biological means, Xion identified as female, despite being Sora and knowing that aspect.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Now that people mention it i dont think women get a very big part in KH as they should. from what i saw in BBS it is a big improvement with Aqua and all but even then Terra and Ven got Slightly bigger parts then her but at leas its a right step in the direction

Namine was the plot behind Sora's story in CoM and had influence on Riku's story as well. She then played an important part in KH2 by being the one behind how Roxas's prologue went down and saving Kairi (and that's before we get to what seems to have happened in the novels and was then shown a bit in the FM+ with Riku letting her run off with Axel which implies why Axel kidnapped Kairi later). She was there in Days as well and seems to have focus in Re:Coded.
Larxene, despite not too many plot motives, was, for better or worse, one of the main villains of CoM. In a sense we got more of her than some others because of her enjoyment of hurting others and her getting on Sora, Namine and Repliku's case all the time.
Xion was, for better or worse, the plot behind Days and a big part of why Axel and Roxas's relationship progressed the way it did - including both strenghtening as well as breaking apart. Then we have Snarl of Memories explaining stuff in Re:Coded and I wonder what else Nomura has up his sleeve in that regard.
And Aqua was, from the get-go, designed to be a watcher. Nomura still cited her as the true protagonist of BBS and seeing how throughout the game she influenced both Terra and Ven's behaviors, it adds up even more why.
And Kairi, if only by making Sora spawn Roxas and Namine, gave us quite a bit of plot.
Compared to a plethora of basically useless male characters, girls get what might end up being the longer end of the stick since most of them are actually important.

It's just that for better or worse, the male-female ratio remains unpleasing, and two of the main trios (SRK and TAV) feel unbalanced as far as how the girls are treated (RAX didn't have that or at least, a lot less, and if we say Sora-Namine-Repliku, I doubt anyone can deny Namine's importance to the boys).

Yes Yes now i wonder what it would be like Being a Nobody and gay quite interesting as Hearts Stream pointed out earlyer

I for one don't think that sexual interactions should matter to a Nobody. You don't have to 'Love' who you shag XD;

Honestly, I don't think Disney would be that against adding a gay character. Heck, Days added a transgender character when you think about it.

They can have KH cosplayers on their gay days on their theme parks :D

in the end of the game comes to terms that she is really Sora.

But I thought that regardless of biological means, Xion identified as female, despite being Sora and knowing that aspect.

^this. She accepts that she's a puppet that ate up Sora and Roxas's Memories, and that at most that she's a part of Sora, but not Sora himself. When she fought Roxas, she said her goal was to absorb Sora and Roxas, not become them.
Now, a lot of males who are part of why certain stereotypes go identify themselves as female while being obviously male. *fondly recalls Tokyo Godfathers* However, Xion's different in the sense that for most of the game she WAS female. Her behavior doesn't quite fit a boy her age (and self-sacrifice is genderless, yo), and being genderless at her base doesn't mean she was still that once she was shaped into being someone else. The Kairi form was what she looked like for the bigger part of the game and we've had it said by both Namine and Xemnas that Xion was indeed formed into her own person. She might have Kairi's face because of Sora's Memories but she still has every right to call herself 'atashi'.

vnnk

I for one don't think that sexual interactions should matter to a Nobody. You don't have to 'Love' who you shag XD;

^^ True tbh and now i wonder if any of the org members had sex just to see how they would "feel"

Xion is female and i think the majority consider her so. This also makes me wonder Do you think Xion (being her own person) was BI ? I mean she must have been quite confused Having the memories of a boy Who thinks he is straight yet had the appearance of a girl must have been quite confusing for the girl.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
^^ True tbh and now i wonder if any of the org members had sex just to see how they would "feel"

Lol, Vexen experiments~

This also makes me wonder Do you think Xion (being her own person) was BI ? I mean she must have been quite confused Having the memories of a boy Who thinks he is straight yet had the appearance of a girl must have been quite confusing for the girl.

This deals with several issues.
1) Would Sora's Memories affect Xion's feelings? While the novels do basically state that Xion and Roxas were friends before Kairi and Sora were, I still don't buy it in the least any more than I do Namine replacing Kairi in Sora's Memories (I showed earlier why if she replaced anyone, it was ALSO Riku at least). Xion had her own feelings and her own desires which some might argue weren't quite "up to par" with what Sora would've done, so.
2) Sora's own sexuality. Even if he thinks he's straight which is part of what this thread is here to debate over, it doesn't mean he is and I wrote in-length why if there're gays in KH, Sora and Riku have high chances of being on that list. So. Rion/NamiShi much? Lol. But SoNami seems to stem from SoRiku if from any other couple at all so it's all good xD;

vnnk

At times like this i wish Days was more about the organisation rather than Roxas and Xion would love to learn more about every member and possibly all of there real names. To me that would have made Days perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back