• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you believe sora should become a master?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Please dont just say yes or no. really tell me why you think he should become a master after the last 2 years

WaveK89

There's no doubt to say that Sora is a good keyblade wielder. The same can be said with Riku. On the other hand, they lack the training and refinement of their skills which Yen Sid can teach them. Should they be masters at this point? I'd say no. Much could be learned.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i just dont want it to be overlooked that sora's total time with weilding the keyblade is still less then a year

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
I don't want him or Riku being keyblade masters yet because simply I believe it is too soon for them to be masters of the keyblade. As we all know they have much to learn even though they have attained a high skill level in a short period of time. But we know that they have no choice but to take the MoM exam and tackle xehanort to end everyone's suffering.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Once they take the MoM exam, then yes of course.

It doesn't seem to take much to become a master, as in the MoM exam.

Plus, do you think Aqua and Terra were ready? Since they can be, there no doubt Sora should be one.

I'm not sure about Riku though.....

D VLK

Those guys are already at the level of a keyblade master or even beyond that as well. Sora and riku never had time to train. If they became masters then those guys would be superoverpowered probablly. Unless Nomamura powers up those other keybladewielders and xehanort as well. But in the end I'd say yes. I would like to see them wielding an awsome amore as well.

digimikej

Awards
no, because there not ready. terra and aqua can both defeat xehanort on their own, because theyre at the level of masters. imo, sora and riku arent even close. it took both of them to kill xemnas, and sora needed the help of donald and goofy to take out ansem SoD. if aqua and terra can take out a fully powered keyblade master, and sora and riku can barely kill half of him, what chance do thye have at this moment?

D VLK

no, because there not ready. terra and aqua can both defeat xehanort on their own, because theyre at the level of masters. imo, sora and riku arent even close. it took both of them to kill xemnas, and sora needed the help of donald and goofy to take out ansem SoD. if aqua and terra can take out a fully powered keyblade master, and sora and riku can barely kill half of him, what chance do thye have at this moment?

One question. How does bieng a heartless or a nobody make you half as strong? A heartless strength and powers is determined by its darkness something a whole doesn't have. For all we know that darkness can easily surpass the power of a whole or be far weaker(sora's case). A nobody's strength is gained by the strength of the heart something a whole doesn't have normally. The thing with heartless or nobodies is that there powers are derieved from other sources and function based on those. For instance sora became one of the weakest heartless and was more then half as weak. A nobody or heartless acts at his own hence it doesn't nead a heart or body.

As for sora. He did beat Ansem sod(normal form) in the second battle and actually needed help from the other because he transformed into a giant battle ship with an army of heartless to aid him as well. How does that make sora less ready? Riku defeates Ansem Sod on his own as well.

Also sora did beat xemnas on his own but needed help when he fused with KH and became the strongest character in KH2 OR KH. As for riku the guy was equal with sora at the end or not that much weaker.

I think that they are more then ready to take the test.

digimikej

Awards
One question. How does bieng a heartless or a nobody make you half as strong? A heartless strength and powers is determined by its darkness something a whole doesn't have. For all we know that darkness can easily surpass the power of a whole or be far weaker(sora's case). A nobody's strength is gained by the strength of the heart something a whole doesn't have normally. The thing with heartless or nobodies is that there powers are derieved from other sources and function based on those. For instance sora became one of the weakest heartless and was more then half as weak. A nobody or heartless acts at his own hence it doesn't nead a heart or body.

As for sora. He did beat Ansem sod(normal form) in the second battle and actually needed help from the other because he transformed into a giant battle ship with an army of heartless to aid him as well. How does that make sora less ready? Riku defeates Ansem Sod on his own as well.

Also sora did beat xemnas on his own but needed help when he fused with KH and became the strongest character in KH2 OR KH. As for riku the guy was equal with sora at the end or not that much weaker.

I think that they are more then ready to take the test.

so youre gonna sit here and tell me that xemnas and ansem SoD are stronger then terranort? and i didnt mean half of his strength, i meant half of him, which i presume is weaker.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member

Well, wasn't Roxas able to beat Riku? Granted part of his strength came from when he absorbed Xion, but he was still a powerful Nobody. And, Sora was close to killing Xemnas in KHFM. But, Xemnas was powerful enough to stop himself from being killed.

So, does this mean that a Nobody can stop their own destruction like in the case of Xemnas in KHFM? And, why weren't the other Nobodies able to stop from fading?

D VLK

so youre gonna sit here and tell me that xemnas and ansem SoD are stronger then terranort? and i didnt mean half of his strength, i meant half of him, which i presume is weaker.

Well I don't know but bieng half in this case doesn't nessarily mean that they are weaker since they have powers the whole orginally doesn't have aka relying on darkness or absolutely the strength of the heart. The new xehanort may have both though.

And I do believe that xemnass with the power of KH is easily stronger then MX. I would say that the same counts for Ansem sod in his battle ship mode. I don't know if the heartless form is stronger but I can see xemnas(normal form) bieng stronger then Terranort. And Ansem sod I view him as comparable in strength. Terranort transformed again in his battle with aqua and it gave him abilities similar to that of Ansem sod. The addition terranort had was changing his shadow to his keyblade and can fire a barrage of dark orbs. Ansem not having a keyblade compensates that with a greater mastery of his shadow.

Xemnas however can go intangible for a moment,teleport,fire big orbs,energy rays that can also follow you, drain health,spam barriers.. And it has also been implied that nobodies are infact stronger then thier heartless counter parts.

Look at Terra's lingering sentiment. He is the will only(or something like that) But yet he beats an even stronger xehanort called Terra-xehanort or Terranort. Bieng a part isn't going to mean much if you change completely to the point that it becomes your only source of power.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I don't want him or Riku being keyblade masters yet because simply I believe it is too soon for them to be masters of the keyblade. As we all know they have much to learn even though they have attained a high skill level in a short period of time. But we know that they have no choice but to take the MoM exam and tackle xehanort to end everyone's suffering.
I was under the impression that the MoM was determined by the strength of the heart of the individual regardless of there profiency with the Keyblade?

Zul

Awards
If I wanted the term "master" to lose any manner of prestige, then yes. If "master" is handed to anyone who just happens to have no formal training but swung the key like a mad-dog and bashed everything dead, then it doesn't mean squat.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Like Eraqus said, being qualified for a master has only a slight tiny bit to do with battle profiency. So all that talk about how strong Sora/Riku are and compare Xemnas/Ansem SoD/Terranort doesn't mean squat!

Furthermore, the title of "master" itself doesn't hold any real "power up" for fightning power, the real benefit of becoming a master, whcih means to prove the unwavering strength of your heart!!!, not battle power, is the whole bunch of exclusive knowledge you get.
The total scope of what a master gets to know was only slightly scratched in BBS by Eraqus, MX and Terra (like the power of heart transfer, inheritance ceremony etc.).
So the question should read: "Is Sora's heart strong enough to be granted the mark of mastery?"
And this question is what a part of KH 3D is scheduled to answer.

Maxyli138

Today you will be examined for the Mark of Mastery. Not one, but two of the keyblade's chosen stand here as candidates. This is neither a competition, nor a battle for supremacy. Not a test of wills, but a test of heart. Both of you may prevail, or neither.

I think Sora and Riku have both shown a lot of strength of heart in their journeys. They don't need years of experience and training to be able to take it, but should should be able to take it whenever they are ready for it. Obviously Yen Sid thinks so, or he wouldn't have called on Sora and Riku to come take the MoM test.

So to answer your question, I think Sora is capable of becoming a master. But whether he will pass the test or not, I really don't know.

NotaHero21

Sora has a bit of growing to do still, in my opinion he's still to naive to recieve such a rank, make no mistake he has a remarkable heart but if thats all it took then ven would have been made a master along with aqua. No I think Riku should be the only one to walk away from 3ds as a master, he has more experience and may very well have recieved training from aqua, he did have her keyblade in the second game after all.

On a last note Ansem SoD and Xemnas were both much, much, much, MUCH, stronger than terranort or master xehanort, learn some battle dome fact before ass pulling please.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
If they want us to believe that Sora kicked that much ass in KH1 and 2, and Terra, Aqua, and Ventus kicked not that much ass in BbS, then Sora and Riku should become Masters. Heck Sora saved the whole RoL twice! What did the old trio do? One got possessed by an old guy, another went into a coma by battling his darkness, and the other is lost in the RoD. <-- (don't hate on that, I'm just putting it in a simple way) It's already obvious that Sora is going to go save all three of them, and I would think he should be a Keyblade Master to do that. So that's a yes. :tongue:

Love Machine

strut strut strut
No I think Riku should be the only one to walk away from 3ds as a master, he has more experience and may very well have recieved training from aqua, he did have her keyblade in the second game after all.

Aqua is trapped in the RoD during the events of I and II... sooooo you, sir, are wrong.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Even so, Sora has more of a right to be a master than Riku. Going through whatever experience Sora will go through in DDD, will make whatever problem he might have, preventing him from becoming a master, be dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back