• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you believe Most Kingdom Hearts Fans are rude?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROKU-SHI

Banned
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. anyway..

Do you think most KH fans are rude? i know not all of them are, i know some really down to earth fans and most to be very rude, judgemental and act like rabid wolves.

I heared that most was rude during the orchestra, singing during performances, randomly clapping during performance. shouting. someone said a guy kept humming all the way through it, they kindly asked him to be quiet and still carried on.

Same with shipping, people ship certain characters, but are really judgemental if you dislike their opinion and ship that said character with someone else. I really dislike character bashing too. everyone is entitled to disliking a character, but seeing hate art on dA of Xion getting killed or whatever is really childish.

Nomura stated that he gets pressured by the fans, which is very upsetting. fans demand too much fan service and not appreciate the creators ideas or creativity.

Pokie

Nope! Not at all! Maybe a decade ago we were a bit silly, with the whole "Mansex" days, but today, KH fans seem to be really happy for the series that they love, most fans just really love KH, and some might just get carried away with that love.

As for shipping and character hate, yeah, that can always be a crazy mess.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Same with shipping, people ship certain characters, but are really judgemental if you dislike their opinion and ship that said character with someone else. I really dislike character bashing too.

While these exist and are particularly loudmouthed, they're not the majority of the fanbase.

Not to mention all the shipping crap isn't confined to just the KH series. Every work and media that has at least a niché audience also has a certain percentage of fans who are into the said work mainly for the whole shipping stuff regardless of the themes and topics of the actual canon of said works.
The whole shipping swamp tends to get off the rails almost in all fandoms as well, so if one can't deal with these shenanigans it is the best to ignore that part of fandom altogether.

With the character bashing there is a fine line between what is actually "bashing" aka deliberately putting a character down to annoy/harass those who like said character and genuine criticism of a character's behaviour and/or actions in the actual source material.

Like with so many things, the tone how something is said is often as important as what is said also in this case, and i.e. pointing out a character's flaws does not have to degenerate into generally painting that character as inferior to others.

i dont think any pairing wars can be as bad as the ff7 wars ive seen certain people comment on every video that included the female they didnt like to insult her and those who agreed with such pairing before. I dont think ive ever seen that amongst kh fans

Those rude people in the community are probably just rude people in general not related to kh though

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Nowadays, I'd say that on these subjects the KH fandom isn't worse than any other fandom. Negative elements do exist, but the current situation seems certainly better than before.
Perhaps because yesterday's obnoxious fans grew up, perhaps because KH and its fanbase went under such an heavy fire of criticism these past years that fans just want to like what they like and carrying on without being chastised.

That being said, this is yet another thing KH III could potentially change. The game will make the biggest splash in the pond, let's see what the ripples'll bring.

ImVentus

Awards
Most of the time, the KH community hasn't been too much of an issue, but it hasn't been without it's cons either.
About 20 percent on YT are professional and somewhat down to earth when marketing themselves as KH experts. The bigger names on YT (in KH interest) I find childish and often let their ego get the best of their knowledge and fan following. Facebook, Twitter and other platforms shows the more negative aspect of the fandom though.

(I'm basing characters on the fans traits)
There's the satire (Axel, Braig) fans that just likes to act stuck up in their own humours ways, not causing harm but likes to be cocky.
There's the constant nagging fans (Young Xehanort) that will attack games in the series and call others stupid for not agreeing.
There's the (Ven, Sora fans) that just likes the most aspects of the games and tries to avoid unnecessary debates.
Then there's also the active and questioning fans (Roxas, Riku, Master Xehanort) that brings up theories and discuss further down the basic plot, always looking for answers. There's more ex, but I think you get the picture.

Even though some think it's better now than it was like 5 years ago, it still isn't without it's unnecessary bragging and negativity in some aspects. I do not believe entirely that most of KH's community is rude, but sadly it's very easy to spot when those negative influences show up, which can make the community look bad.

Meow Wow

Awards
Facebook, Twitter and other platforms shows the more negative aspect of the fandom though.

Ooh man, the Facebook side of the KH fandom was horrible(for me). I remember when I just got into the series and the Facebook side completely turned me off to the fanbase. I was younger and newer to internet communities so terms like "you're not a real fan if _____" scared me away and I got heavily annoyed with the whole "KH2 came out when I was 12 and now I'm 26 with 5 kids and KH3 still isn't out" ordeal on every post the KH FB page posted.

Tl;dr. They're better now that the release date is out but they seemed to always be so negative. The negativity of the Facebook side of the fandom at that point in time didn't make me feel welcome in the KH fandom for the longest time.

All in all, every fanbase has its ups and downs and it could be way worse here. I could name fandoms a lot worse than this one.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I can only speak for myself. And I'm really rude, so.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ooh man, the Facebook side of the KH fandom was horrible(for me). I remember when I just got into the series and the Facebook side completely turned me off to the fanbase. I was younger and newer to internet communities so terms like "you're not a real fan if _____" scared me away and I got heavily annoyed with the whole "KH2 came out when I was 12 and now I'm 26 with 5 kids and KH3 still isn't out" ordeal on every post the KH FB page posted.

Tl;dr. They're better now that the release date is out but they seemed to always be so negative. The negativity of the Facebook side of the fandom at that point in time didn't make me feel welcome in the KH fandom for the longest time.

All in all, every fanbase has its ups and downs and it could be way worse here. I could name fandoms a lot worse than this one.
I'm with you on Facebook. It's really off-putting going on there to view KH fan comments because they are unnecessarily rude and they blame us at KHI for a lot of things. Yesterday someone blamed us for Square Enix implementing limited time VIP boards into Union X and when I calmly explained that we have no say in what goes into the game, they just replied with a dismissive "whatever".

Others blame us for them not being able to afford to go to a convention and play the demo, even though all we are doing is raising awareness to the wider fandom that specific events will have opportunities for fans there to go hands-on.

Outside of our own negative Facebook fanbase, I do see people on other sites like Reddit be completely negative. If someone is new to the series, then they often get mocking comments. People who reply with facts or ask questions get downvoted with no explanation from anyone as to why.

And no doubt, people find me rude but it's the internet and people can't tell the intention behind the words. I never am intentionally rude to anyone and I mostly joke around, but sometimes replying with a blunt reply can come across as negative or rude. I like to turn up here, read posts, contribute discussions, debate back and forth, and none of it from me is meant to be rude at all but I totally understand it if people think that it is rude because they are missing out on the finer details that aren't able to be transcribed thanks to text.

But overall? No, the KH fandom isn't rude. It's just online where some of the more dedicated fans can get together and potentially create a hive-mind might be unappealing to people who are looking to get into the series, but in real life and going to convention, the fans are open and welcoming. Everyone was lovely at the Orchestra concert. Fans were fantastic at the E3 demo booth. I think it's just the internet, with small communities and people who are a bit tired of waiting and rehashing old info and theories, that makes people think the fandom, as a whole, is rude.

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nah. Can't really typically generalize the community as a whole, but to narrow it down to behavior within a particular environment like you guys have (like Facebook, Reddit, Youtube, etc.) is a different, reasonable observation.

Personally, I just don't really like how nowadays the term "fandom" is always used in line with negative connotations. Typically when I hear people referring to a group as such, it comes with talking about these kinds of aspects of behavior. Almost like, a fandom is meant to be rude because that comes with what a fandom "is", which of course, really isn't. I think if you get to a point where you're not digging the vibe of a certain group, try to seek that interaction somewhere else to see a different view. Even I have to admit, spending all your time on YouTube for that type of experience with fellow fans is probably not ideal.

Veevee

Awards
I don't think the KH fandom is more rude than other fandoms, but they are certainly passionate which is partly a good and partly a bad thing. Watching KH trailers on Youtube / looking at Facebook comments I came to see that there are a lot of fans who will deny every criticism towards the series and declare every flaw for non-existent, usually claiming that you are not smart enough to actually understand what's going on or whatever. I even have a friend like that who pretty much defends everything in the games and will look for canonical explanations of even the most awful retcon bullshit and undeniable plotholes which I don't really consider as passionate, but rather as blind - in my opinion, being a fan is about getting to know the series which includes spotting plotholes and still loving it and not to be personally insulted if someone points out inconsistencies. I prefer accepting that some events were not the most clever idea plot-wise over trying to build explanations out of thin air just to gloss over the series' flaws and I think the KH fanbase does this quite a lot. But in general it has good fans and bad "fans", just like every fandom.

D

Deleted member 246005

Honestly most fanbases are filled with rude people so KH is not unique.

People get too emotionally attached and they don't act constructive with their criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back