• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you believe in evil?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no way to justify harming another human being to get your rocks off and if you believe that then diddlying check yourself into a nuthouse.

people justify it all the time. they do it, they get away with it. happens all over the world.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
everything in our world is like poles on a magnet. we live in a dualistic world. night and day, summer and winter and even our emotions are dualistic. this is why we call people who go from one emotional extreme to the next bi-polar.
im not saying good and evil are magnetic forces im saying that they representative of the positive and negative aspects of. the physical things that spring good or evil into the world are living organisms themselves. but I do admit good and evil are largely dependent upon perspective but they still exist none the less.

I would agree with you 100% if there wasn't something put into civilization called a Judicial System. The simple fact you have to stand before an impartial party to determine the "weight of your crimes" against guilt or innocence of committing something that can be weighted as "evil".

I mean, O.J. Simpson was found to be not guilty of murder 20, almost 21 years ago. Was that act clearly not evil, and deemed as such by many in society? Your splitting hairs in determination of what you mean, morally wrong is a major point one can make when they talk about evil as an issue, but what about "necessary evil" what about what we do as a nation, as human beings which is portrayed in many forms of media. When Hurricane's Katrina and Sandy devastated the states (2005(K), 2012(S)) the actions of the people were heinous, unsavory, and worth note, but it was necessary, going against most's (not all) normal moral perspective, people lost businesses, money, homes, and did things out of turn just to survive.

This isn't something so simple to state as it being polar, it's about a decision in that moment on whether to go against what you have been conditioned to, be it by upbringing, and/or what you as an individual have conditioned yourself to.

Do you know how many police officers have shot individuals in this country recently and these and a good number of these men, not all, have been put on paid leave, or suspended, and the affected families that lost love ones have felt the repercussions of the death of their loved ones almost immediately, with no "Justice" brought to what they deemed as evil, but focused only on the moral window. The fact that this happens too frequent to keep pace with every case, by protectors of the peace, where does the line of "evil" fall exactly?

I wouldn't say Evil is in any way "physical" but largely dependent upon a congregation of both individual morality and the judicial systems in place that attempt to weigh one's crimes before a group of men and women who don't know that individual from the postman they probably see every day. More than morality, having humanity, at least thats what I think.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
people justify it all the time. they do it, they get away with it. happens all over the world.

i agree with this much, but to claim that if is right or just in any way is just "foolish". there is scientific justification in murdering a man just to what would happen. however in the individual, in this case, my eyes, i find this to be an "evil" act.

its like justifying hitler's holocaust to protect the aryan race. we can talk all day about how he wasn't evil but to kill tens of million people because of their color is the very fucking definitions of the thing.

redcrown

Awards
Society's standards of morals is ever changing and evolving. I sometimes wonder how our generation will look in a hundred years or so, or even a few decades.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Society's standards of morals is ever changing and evolving. I sometimes wonder how our generation will look in a hundred years or so, or even a few decades.

"the great culling of 2018... the human race alleviated all the morons of suffering and extended themselves past extension by putting 'VOTE TRUMP 2016 BALLOT BOX' over giant toaster ovens."

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
"the great culling of 2018... the human race alleviated all the morons of suffering and extended themselves past extension by putting 'VOTE TRUMP 2016 BALLOT BOX' over giant toaster ovens."

Don't even get me started on Trump. Ugh.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
You're nice and safe an ocean away. I have to consider moving out of the country if that happens.

Nice and safe? Hahahah bru.
My grandma once put it like this:
If America is the left butt cheeck and Russia is the right one, then we, Europe, are the fucking asshole in between. We'll get fucking destroyed in the process of them fighting over world domination one day.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nice and safe? Hahahah bru.
My grandma once put it like this:
If America is the left butt cheeck and Russia is the right one, then we, Europe, are the fucking asshole in between. We'll get fucking destroyed in the process of them fighting over world domination one day.

so that's why y'all don't have taco bell

I would agree with you 100% if there wasn't something put into civilization called a Judicial System. The simple fact you have to stand before an impartial party to determine the "weight of your crimes" against guilt or innocence of committing something that can be weighted as "evil".

I mean, O.J. Simpson was found to be not guilty of murder 20, almost 21 years ago. Was that act clearly not evil, and deemed as such by many in society? Your splitting hairs in determination of what you mean, morally wrong is a major point one can make when they talk about evil as an issue, but what about "necessary evil" what about what we do as a nation, as human beings which is portrayed in many forms of media. When Hurricane's Katrina and Sandy devastated the states (2005(K), 2012(S)) the actions of the people were heinous, unsavory, and worth note, but it was necessary, going against most's (not all) normal moral perspective, people lost businesses, money, homes, and did things out of turn just to survive.

This isn't something so simple to state as it being polar, it's about a decision in that moment on whether to go against what you have been conditioned to, be it by upbringing, and/or what you as an individual have conditioned yourself to.

Do you know how many police officers have shot individuals in this country recently and these and a good number of these men, not all, have been put on paid leave, or suspended, and the affected families that lost love ones have felt the repercussions of the death of their loved ones almost immediately, with no "Justice" brought to what they deemed as evil, but focused only on the moral window. The fact that this happens too frequent to keep pace with every case, by protectors of the peace, where does the line of "evil" fall exactly?

I wouldn't say Evil is in any way "physical" but largely dependent upon a congregation of both individual morality and the judicial systems in place that attempt to weigh one's crimes before a group of men and women who don't know that individual from the postman they probably see every day. More than morality, having humanity, at least thats what I think.

I agree that's why I said even in negetives there are positives and positives in negetives those police committed actions that are on one extreme of the polarity but it could cause a totally opposite reaction on the opposite side of the spectrum there fore its not really good or bad but somewhere in the middle, the yin yang symbol type stuff.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
everything in our world is like poles on a magnet. we live in a dualistic world. night and day, summer and winter and even our emotions are dualistic. this is why we call people who go from one emotional extreme to the next bi-polar.
im not saying good and evil are magnetic forces im saying that they representative of the positive and negative aspects of. the physical things that spring good or evil into the world are living organisms themselves. but I do admit good and evil are largely dependent upon perspective but they still exist none the less.

We do not live in a dualistic world. We as humans may come to quantify some concepts as dualistic for our own benefit, but the world that we live in is not itself dualistic. Honestly, even the concepts we like to treat as dualistic (morality being one of them) we only do so for the sake of easy categorization, when the reality is far less neat and tidy for the vast majority of things.

redcrown

Awards
We do not live in a dualistic world. We as humans may come to quantify some concepts as dualistic for our own benefit, but the world that we live in is not itself dualistic. Honestly, even the concepts we like to treat as dualistic (morality being one of them) we only do so for the sake of easy categorization, when the reality is far less neat and tidy for the vast majority of things.

bam best answer in the entire thread we've hit he top

Jochira

Awards
I believe that "good" and "evil" doesn't exist, but that they're just something made up by the society, the reason being that what's considered good for some, can be considered evil for others and vice versa. it all depends on perspectives and from which POV you're looking from. Rather than "good" and "evil", I believe that the "right" choices and "wrong" choices exist, but those are something we can't easily see, since society, norms and all that got nothing to do with it, but instead connected towards things that most people would miss.

Wire

It really depends how we define evil. If evil means the absence of good, then yes, perhaps it exists in some facet. This only complicates things, however, as we need to define good as well. Why is this an issue. Well, some philosophers deem good to be something of an undefinable property, like yellow. If you were to try and describe what the color yellow is comprised of, the only word you could use is yellow itself. Good can be viewed in the same way, and thus bad may also be lumped into that as well; and even if it isn't, we still run into a bit of a wall.

If we define evil as acts that we have defined as objectively questionable, then yes, evil does exist.

Nothing, I feel, is ever that simple; and though semantically I do think that actions can be evil, I am not so quick to say it follows that a free agent can be evil.

Actions do not complete a man, as man is always changing. The person you are today is not the same person you were on any other previous day.

So, I think I withdraw that a man himself can never be evil, but rather that a man can be evil so long as they choose to be. They can always change, and though the person they were will always be evil, the person they want to be need not be held down by that burden of past as long as one's present self works to improve and atone.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
It really depends how we define evil. If evil means the absence of good, then yes, perhaps it exists in some facet. This only complicates things, however, as we need to define good as well. Why is this an issue. Well, some philosophers deem good to be something of an undefinable property, like yellow. If you were to try and describe what the color yellow is comprised of, the only word you could use is yellow itself. Good can be viewed in the same way, and thus bad may also be lumped into that as well; and even if it isn't, we still run into a bit of a wall.

If we define evil as acts that we have defined as objectively questionable, then yes, evil does exist.

Nothing, I feel, is ever that simple; and though semantically I do think that actions can be evil, I am not so quick to say it follows that a free agent can be evil.

Actions do not complete a man, as man is always changing. The person you are today is not the same person you were on any other previous day.

So, I think I withdraw that a man himself can never be evil, but rather that a man can be evil so long as they choose to be. They can always change, and though the person they were will always be evil, the person they want to be need not be held down by that burden of past as long as one's present self works to improve and atone.

So, a person isn't naturally born evil rather their actions can be good or bad? The idea of the bad seed is simply impossible because it says that a person is born evil and nothing can be done to change that, right?

Where did the idea of the bad seed even come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back