• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do We Really Need Drive Forms?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Free Running isn't really a mode of attack, it's a mode of traversal. It's just fancy walking.

And yeah, judging just by the trailers it seems like too much and overpowered, but that's primarily because they are trailers. Nomura has already said that you can't just perform Attraction Flows whenever you want, but that certain conditions need to be met, for example. Similar is true of Keyblade Transformations. I'm sure they are taking balance into consideration. Going by the trailers it just seems like you can pull any move off at any time with no drawbacks, but there are obviously going to be drawbacks and restrictions. Limits, for example, are known for consuming all MP.

Last edited:

robotman

I totally agree with you, I feel like the game is going to be far too easy... So I'm going to play KH3 on proud mode from the outset lol.

Awards
Free Running isn't really a mode of attack, it's a mode of traversal. It's just fancy walking.

And yeah, judging just by the trailers it seems like too much and overpowered, but that's primarily because they are trailers. Nomura has already said that you can't just perform Attraction Flows whenever you want, but that certain conditions need to be met, for example. Similar is true of Keyblade Transformations. I'm sure they are taking balance into consideration. Going by the trailers it just seems like you can pull any move off at any time with no drawbacks, but there are obviously going to be drawbacks and restrictions. Limits, for example, are known for consuming all MP.
He's right. Also you forgot to mention Shotlocks.

Rix

:)
Awards
I remember the first time I played KH2. I didn't really care much about the drive form, just checked them out a couplr of times and the game was still eay too easy, so yeah. When I heard that drive forms were making a teturn in KH3, I was just thinking: meh...

tiofrodo

No, but why not, difficult was never a staple of the series so i don't see why we should focus on it now.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Nomura did stress that the Heartless AI is far more intelligent now. One of Nomura's initial issues was the difficulty spike, so I think there's justifiable reasons and limitations when it comes to these Drive Forms.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I remember the first time I played KH2. I didn't really care much about the drive form, just checked them out a couplr of times and the game was still eay too easy, so yeah. When I heard that drive forms were making a teturn in KH3, I was just thinking: meh...
So how did you feel about Drive Forms in KH2FM?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't get why people complain about the difficulty when it was almost always possible to just choose a very high difficulty of which most really weren't that easy for casual people. And even if they were, there were extra challenges you could take like EXP 0.

Muke

whatever
Awards
^ Gotta agree with that. Tbh, I never had the chance to play on Critical, but I'll do it in DDD and 0.2 to see how much more difficult it is (surely like 80%)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I get the fear when hearing the words "Drive Forms", but honestly the only game where you can make the "too easy" argument is KH II, which wasn't a great challenge even under limitations (I daresay the new abilities in Critical actually make some challenges easier).
But, I sincerely hope we've moved on from that. I don't think KH III will have this problem.

Rix

:)
Awards
So how did you feel about Drive Forms in KH2FM?

Didn't feel nuch different about them. I used them a lot more, but it was more for leveling them up to get the abilities I needed for getting through the Cavern of renembrance.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
They need to bump up the difficulty, hopefully Sora isn't overpowered like in DDD and KH2.

Sora's pretty OP in vanilla KH2, but KH2FM Critical Mode fixes that issue easily. DDD had a similar issue in Proud where you can easily wreck everything in the beginning of the game with the right commands and Flowmotion, but Critical fixes that as well (especially since Flowmotion is practically suicide against certain enemies in the final world of DDD).

If they handle the difficulty the way Critical for KH2FM and DDD was done, then I have no worries. If the difficulty ends up being similar to KH2 vanilla or Proud DDD, then I'll have something to bitch about, difficulty-wise.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora's pretty OP in vanilla KH2, but KH2FM Critical Mode fixes that issue easily. DDD had a similar issue in Proud where you can easily wreck everything in the beginning of the game with the right commands and Flowmotion, but Critical fixes that as well (especially since Flowmotion is practically suicide against certain enemies in the final world of DDD).

I found Critical KH2 still underwhelmingly easy.
As I said before: in Critical you can reach up to three consecutive combo finishers, and the additional MP Hastera is no joke either (I was able to reach a MP regeneration of 275%, which helped a lot espceially against the dreaded Mushroom 8)
You can still get really OP in KH2 Critical. Maybe level 1 Critical is a tad more challenging.

KH2Rulz

Awards
Lv1 runs are much more fun and make you appreciate all of KH2's abilities a lot more. Clutch Drive forms, begging Stitch to lick you, praying that Chicken Little whistles, waiting for your MP to recover just that little bit to Limit and escape death... So much fun.

People should really just try Critical without SC/OM if they want something similar to the Lv1 experience. KH will always be 'easy' so long as you have those two abilities on, which is partly why Lv1 runs are so much fun.

Precursor Mar

Disagree.

Drive Forms expand player expression and allow for more experimentation without radically changing the core gameplay. Compare that to, say, Attraction Flow, which from what we've seen is either a scripted event or a mini-game.

Enemy design is more important for balance than the amount of abilities the player has.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm hoping that with all these new features, you can focus on certain ones (like points that allocate how much you can use the ability or how developed it gets). That way every time you play through, it can be a different experience. It would also limit how powerful Sora will get. When you beat the game/get near the end of the game, you get full access to everything, but I'd like for more RPG elements to come into the game. I never personally felt like there was much of that to KH, in terms of making Sora distinctly different every playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back