• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do we ever find out who the masked figure in the secret cave of destiny islands was?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewonderer

In KH1, i recently remembered that mysterious figure who had cryptic messages for Sora in the secret cave at the beginning of the game when you're collecting items for the raft. WHO WAS THAT? Thanks

Procrastination

It could be someone from that secret organisation. (organisation XIII)
I am guessing..............personally, I havent gotten THAT far in the game. But that is my hypothesis.

peteshrug

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It was Xehanort's Heartless, otherwise known as Ansem Seeker of Darkness.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Xehanort's Heartless without a doubt. If you fought Ansem the first time, notice he said "You have come this far and you STILL understand nothing...." Notice the "Still" in there. It means he's talked with Sora before.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ahaha. I thought it was obvious from Billy Zane's voice and the scene where the same hooded man gives Riku power/takes his body over then later says "It is I, Ansem: the Seeker of Darkness"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, it was good ol' Ansem SoD playing Nazgul that time because he didn't have a real physical form then...lol

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Yeah, it took me ages to figure out who that brown-cloaked figure was too, since he didn't wear a black cloak like the rest of the baddies did. And I'm not good at distinguishing voices...either that or Billy Zane was a really good voice actor. Or maybe the integrated Riku voice had me all thrown off once I got to that part in the game. I mean the whole "brown-cloaked guy=Xehanort's Heartless without a body yet" was all very indirect, very subtle...something you just had to know through problem-solving.

Sonarr

Surely that's all theory, though? It's been a while since I've played KH1, but I don't recall it ever actually confirming it was Ansem:SOD.

Crystal

Silver Member
Really? When did that happen?

Before taking over Riku, i think he is just a heart without a body and soul.
If i'm not mistaken, it happen on Hollow Bastion.
After the mask figure taking over Riku, he become Ansem.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why was this point so not obvious? Billy Zane's voice, the cloak, the
"So, you have come this far, and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
which was a continuation of
"This world has been connected, tied to the darkness, soon to be completely eclipsed."
"There is so very much to learn. You understand so little. A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing."
and how he is the one in the scene that takes over Riku were all pretty clear signs of who the hooded guy was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back