• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do nobodies age?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

killercam15

i think they age, becuase kingdom hearts 2 is a year later from kingdom hearts 1 right, and sora had grown alot in that year, goofy even mentions it! and when roxas fuses with him and when you see roxas and sora standing next to eachother at the world that never was THEY ARE THE SAME HEIGHT

the same also applies for kairi and namine they are the same height, despite the fact the kairi has probably also grown in that year.:sleep:

cstar777

i think they age, becuase kingdom hearts 2 is a year later from kingdom hearts 1 right, and sora had grown alot in that year, goofy even mentions it! and when roxas fuses with him and when you see roxas and sora standing next to eachother at the world that never was THEY ARE THE SAME HEIGHT

the same also applies for kairi and namine they are the same height, despite the fact the kairi has probably also grown in that year.:sleep:

they may have grown but did they age that's what i'm wondering they grow yeah but the only person who looks like they aged is namine her face looks much more mature than in Re:CoM:mellow:

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
they may have grown but did they age that's what i'm wondering they grow yeah but the only person who looks like they aged is namine her face looks much more mature than in Re:CoM:mellow:

Oh here we go.

Growing=aging. Period.

You can age without growing, but you CAN. NOT. Grow without aging. It is impossible. (Unless you best friend has a torture rack and you're extremely flexible.)

Muse

you look atrocious
Oh here we go.

Growing=aging. Period.

You can age without growing, but you CAN. NOT. Grow without aging. It is impossible. (Unless you best friend has a torture rack and you're extremely flexible.)

Haha. That was EXACTLY what I was about to say.

You cannot grow without aging. That's not possible. Even in video game physics, that. is. not. possible.

I believe it was Axie who posted a very well written comment about this matter, somewhere. =P Maybe in the other thread... Anyways, yeah.

They aged. Get over it.

Awards
Namine is the exception that proves the rule. She ages, yes, quite clearly.

But Roxas does not. We know for a fact that the exact same model is used from the time of his birth. He doesn't grow, he doesn't even physically change. Plus, why would things that don't exist age anyway?

As for the explanation behind Namine, no one knows. It could very well be that because of her lack of a body and soul, the nature of her "existence" is different in that she ages with Kairi. How this is possible, I don't know, I don't think it matters.

And anyone who brings up how Zexion has different shoe sizes? Re:CoM has various subtle changes in models and shit for whatever reason. It might simply be that the Re:CoM developers used newly created models of the CoM Organization members, and, in doing so, made slight modifications like with his shoes. On the other hand, maybe KH2FM might have used the slightly modified versions of the character models that they already had in KH2.

Either way, we know that Re:CoM does some things different, as seen with, for instance, The Place Where Nothing Gathers:

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories || After Sora's Credits

YouTube - KH2FM - The Plans (NEW SCENE)

(Notice how in Re:CoM, the area seems more "misty" as reflected by the darker tones of their coats)

So I don't think something as subtle as shoe variation reflects age... in this case.

In other words, I'm overall on the "Nobodies don't age" bandwagon.

Axie

But Roxas does not. We know for a fact that the exact same model is used from the time of his birth. He doesn't grow, he doesn't even physically change. Plus, why would things that don't exist age anyway?

Have you watched his birth lately? It's one scene. For maybe a minute. Why would they make a brand spanking new model for a single scene, when they've already buffed him up for FM+ in general? They've been cheap like this before; watch when Kairi turns into Namine during the end CG sequence. That is NOT fifteen-year-old Namine, that is fourteen-year-old Namine from the opening sequence. She was there for two seconds, they didn't bother making a new model. Same concept.

As for the explanation behind Namine, no one knows. It could very well be that because of her lack of a body and soul, the nature of her "existence" is different in that she ages with Kairi. How this is possible, I don't know, I don't think it matters.

I'll concede that we're not sure what Namine is, but I'm gonna be surprised if she isn't SOME body and soul somewhere. Ansem seems to think she was created out of Sora's body and soul, but that was supposed to go to Roxas, so it's not clear. (Unless, bullshit physics; Sora losing his heart created a Nobody and the body had nothing to do with it, opening the door for Xion to happen out of Kairi losing her heart at Destiny Islands despite having a body afterwards.)

Also, what about Xemnas? And XH, for that matter?

In other words, I'm overall on the "Nobodies don't age" bandwagon.

I can't in good conscience do that, because I don't see what the heart has to do with aging in the first place. The soul is still in the body, the person is still alive; presumably, the person ages. If they don't, and they are later restored, are they gonna be the same age as before? Ex: Xehanort loses heart at 21, is destroyed fifty years later along with Heartless, returns to 21-year-old self; is many, many years younger than Sora.

It fucks up physics and I don't get it.

Axie

How can something that isn't supposed to exist and have an age?

By being a body and soul, a living thing that grows and renews itself consistently over time. Even inanimate things age all the time; cars get old, computers get outdated, etc. Abstractions like ideas and morals age, growing into deepset convictions and rules of conduct we take for granted. All things are subject to the ravages of time, and all so end develop and/or change.

Namine definitely did this, and Xemnas probably did, and Roxas might have.

If we're talking strictly numbers, guess what? STILL AGED. Namine has been around for one year, and that means she aged, whether she did it physically, mentally, or simply by merit of her presence.

Awards
Have you watched his birth lately? It's one scene. For maybe a minute. Why would they make a brand spanking new model for a single scene, when they've already buffed him up for FM+ in general? They've been cheap like this before; watch when Kairi turns into Namine during the end CG sequence. That is NOT fifteen-year-old Namine, that is fourteen-year-old Namine from the opening sequence. She was there for two seconds, they didn't bother making a new model. Same concept.
No offense, but "They got lazy, that's actually wrong" doesn't cut it. If he was supposed to look younger, they WOULD HAVE DONE IT. They made an entirely revamped model of Roxas for KH2FM for crying out loud!

Plus, we've already seen quite obviously from scans of Days that they are using the SAME model as they did in KH2FM, implying rather obviously that he doesn't physically age.

I'll concede that we're not sure what Namine is, but I'm gonna be surprised if she isn't SOME body and soul somewhere. Ansem seems to think she was created out of Sora's body and soul, but that was supposed to go to Roxas, so it's not clear. (Unless, bullshit physics; Sora losing his heart created a Nobody and the body had nothing to do with it, opening the door for Xion to happen out of Kairi losing her heart at Destiny Islands despite having a body afterwards.)
She came into existence via Sora's body and soul, but she is not comprised of them. Think of his body and soul as a catalyst, used in the process to expedite the creation of Namine but ultimately ending up as the components of Roxas. DiZ himself says that Namine does not have a body and soul like other Nobodies (however, the exact state of her being and relation to Roxas in that manner are vague, Nomura seems to always slide around this in a way that, to me, suggests that he is trying to avoid plot holes).

I can't in good conscience do that, because I don't see what the heart has to do with aging in the first place. The soul is still in the body, the person is still alive; presumably, the person ages. If they don't, and they are later restored, are they gonna be the same age as before? Ex: Xehanort loses heart at 21, is destroyed fifty years later along with Heartless, returns to 21-year-old self; is many, many years younger than Sora.

It fucks up physics and I don't get it.
Just ask yourself how something that doesn't exist ages (aside from Namine, which, again, is the exception that proves the rule), and I think things are pretty clear.

Your argument is already flawed anyway. You're proposing that the body and/or soul constitute age, correct? And that the presence or absence of a heart doesn't matter, yes? So, in other words, hearts are not involved in age, and thus Heartless don't age. But let me pose a question: Does Xehanort's Heartless look any younger than Xemnas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back