• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do nobodies age?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
The only Nobody that aged from CoM to KHII was kairi. I think Namin`e could
age because Kairi aged as well, and since she's a vessel she could still do so, since she was special.

Doesn't explain why Sora's Nobody was his height and age when the time came to reabsorb him, nor Xemnas (and, for that matter, Xehanort's Heartless) being physically evolved from Xehanort.

Or Zexion's shoes.

Axie

who cares if they age?

I care.

If Nobodies don't age, this means that if Roxas never joined with Sora, he and Axel would be free to screw each other senseless eat ice cream together for all eternity (and same to the rest of the Organization) as long as they weren't killed and didn't sacrifice themselves for no reason.

It also means that Sora could grow to be fifty years old and Roxas would not age a day, so when they rejoined, that would be awkward.

It also means that, if Xemnas were to live for two hundred thousand years and then suddenly be destroyed (after his Heartless had been destroyed), he would be able to zip right back to Xehanort and pick up where he left off.

Finally, it means that the changes witnessed in Namine are completely baseless and yet another plot hole to add to the list of Reasons To Hit Nomura With a Fish.

I find all of these possibilities undesirable and sincerely hope that Nobodies age.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I care.

If Nobodies don't age, this means that if Roxas never joined with Sora, he and Axel would be free to screw each other senseless eat ice cream together for all eternity (and same to the rest of the Organization) as long as they weren't killed and didn't sacrifice themselves for no reason.

It also means that Sora could grow to be fifty years old and Roxas would not age a day, so when they rejoined, that would be awkward.

I dont see a problem with this. Why would it matter. Kill em or let em keep doing it. Thoes are the only two options.

It also means that, if Xemnas were to live for two hundred thousand years and then suddenly be destroyed (after his Heartless had been destroyed), he would be able to zip right back to Xehanort and pick up where he left off.

Isn't he pretty much gonna do that anyway?

Finally, it means that the changes witnessed in Namine are completely baseless and yet another plot hole to add to the list of Reasons To Hit Nomura With a Fish.

I find all of these possibilities undesirable and sincerely hope that Nobodies age.

If they dont will it reall matter. So far all of the important ones are gone the way of the dodo.

Axie

I dont see a problem with this. Why would it matter. Kill em or let em keep doing it. Thoes are the only two options.

Well, see, I care about those characters. They sort of matter to me and I'm concerned with what happens to them.

Isn't he pretty much gonna do that anyway?

Well yup, but most likely Xehanort will have aged to the point that Xemnas and XH both aged--whereas, if Xemnas were older (say, MX's age), he would have aged to THAT point. If he doesn't age like that, then let's say Xemnas wasn't destroyed until Sora was fully an adult. If Xehanort was resurrected at the same age he was when he was first separated, he would be younger than Sora.

Which makes no damn sense at all.

If they dont will it reall matter. So far all of the important ones are gone the way of the dodo.

Except that they're supposedly able to come back as their Somebodies, provided that their Heartless have also been destroyed.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I think that Square hasn't put much thought into it, therefore, it's not really important.

ssceles

Website
ssceles.deviantart.com
Wow. I lurk the forums a lot, but rarely ever post... yet this deserves my input:

Zexion. Right there is your paradox. It's not just his shoes on his model between the games. It goes deeper than that. It's how long he's been a Nobody that's the important factor (and this can be applied to any of them, really, but Zexion the age gap is most notable: Ienzo, if you read the reports, was the youngest apprentice).

In KH1 (and also the manga - *thumbs up*), Squall/Leon says to you he and the others fled Hallow Bastion seven years previously. (Need I mention Birth by Sleep takes place ten years prior to KH1? Fitting.) They fled because the world was on the verge of collapsing - too many Heartless running around? I'd say it was about this time that the apprentices, who were behind the world's destruction, inevitably, lost their hearts and wound up as Nobodies.

I don't care what age you think Zexion to be in Chain of Memories. Whatever it is, subtract seven years from it. Do you still think he'd be an apprentice? If you make him 20 in CoM, suddenly he was a 13-year-old apprentice to Ansem the Wise. Doesn't make much sense. That concludes my input on why I think Nobodies don't age. /end rant

angelbabe74006

I don't care what age you think Zexion to be in Chain of Memories. Whatever it is, subtract seven years from it. Do you still think he'd be an apprentice? If you make him 20 in CoM, suddenly he was a 13-year-old apprentice to Ansem the Wise. Doesn't make much sense. That concludes my input on why I think Nobodies don't age. /end rant
I think he was a child prodigy, and that's why he's much younger.

Axie

I don't care what age you think Zexion to be in Chain of Memories. Whatever it is, subtract seven years from it.

Twenty-seven.

To be honest, his age (like the others) is hard to identify, because they all land in pretty flexible categories physically. Axel could be anything from seventeen to twenty-five. The "old geezer" Vexen could be nearing fifty, or he could be in his late thirties. And before we start talking short, there are short people in the world, and Zexion just doesn't strike me as that young.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Wow. I lurk the forums a lot, but rarely ever post... yet this deserves my input:

Zexion. Right there is your paradox. It's not just his shoes on his model between the games. It goes deeper than that. It's how long he's been a Nobody that's the important factor (and this can be applied to any of them, really, but Zexion the age gap is most notable: Ienzo, if you read the reports, was the youngest apprentice).

In KH1 (and also the manga - *thumbs up*), Squall/Leon says to you he and the others fled Hallow Bastion seven years previously. (Need I mention Birth by Sleep takes place ten years prior to KH1? Fitting.) They fled because the world was on the verge of collapsing - too many Heartless running around? I'd say it was about this time that the apprentices, who were behind the world's destruction, inevitably, lost their hearts and wound up as Nobodies.

There isn't enough info to say whether they aged or not. Yes, you could say that Namine aged, which is true, but it doesn't really count as she's further away from a nobody than the rest of the organization. Not only that, but trying to base Zexion's age solely on shoe size is stupid. And whoever's using that point in their argument is stupid. There is no proof that nobodies age. And even if they did age, what difference does it make? It won't shw because they're all adults, moreover, they're dead. So honestly, what's the big deal bitch?

GiantHouseKey

Website
www.youtube.com
I don't think they age because as many people stated above, they grow with their somebodies and since their somebodies are heartless now, they don't have a heart to age with. That probably explains why Namine grew a bit since Re:CoM and probably Roxas grew because Sora and Kairi are not heartless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back