• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do Keyblades evolve?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Re: do keyblade's evolve?

Those were different Keychains to their original keyblades. Just like Sora's Kingdom Key changes based on whatever Keychain he currently has attached to it.

Davidsawr

it shows the characters progression though the game. The new keyblades they have at the end represent the power the characters have obtained. The keyblades change by use of a keychain but you could say aqua and terra have evolved as keyblade wielders

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Data!Sora had an evolved version of KK in Re:Coded if I remember right.

They might change to some extent considering that almost every person's individual Keyblade is custom made for them and meant to play to their strengths. Like, even when they use the same Keychains, Terra always has the biggest and bulkiest versions because he's the bruiser, Aqua gets the medium length thinner versions because she's the mage and is of average stature, and Ven gets the shortest ones because he's the speedster and the smallest.

Most people have their Keyblade's for life so in some cases I think it would be natural for Keyblades to change with their wielders, especially if their old design no longer functions as well.

TAV's Keyblade's change through obtaining Keychains though so in that case I don't think the Keyblades are "evolving". I think they're more symbolic of the growth the characters went through more than anything.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

It's hard to say with the Zero/One. I used to have a theory that when Data Sora got his Keyblade back in Hollow Bastion, that it was a real Keyblade from the real (not Data) world, and that the Zero/One was its natural form. But Nomura has since said some things that disprove my theory. Maybe the Zero/One is the "new form" of his Keyblade... but my theory is definitely punctured.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
the keyblade doesn't look like it can evolve only maybe it can fuse to like the X blade for example 2 become one keyblade and i agree (daivdswar) when terra and aqua and roxas keyblades got different keychains they got new key shap more power boost and more magic boost guess this mean getting new keychain considered evolve

Gram

Banned
Awards
I wouldn't say they evolve but rather reflect their wielder. Terra and Aqua's upgraded keychains are just that, keychains. If you watch scenes in the theater mode it always shows a persons default keyblade. Even when Aqua was wandering the dark realm and Terra & Ven's keyblade came to save her Terra's was it's base form.

What's interesting to note about Terra and Aqua's keyblades is that their forms remain the same in the theater mode until the moment they both abandon them. When Aqua sacrifices her armor and keyblade to save Terranort it changes shape by the time he's found. Terra's keyblade changes shape when the Lingering Will Forms.
But by the time either of these happen they done had the keychains to access those forms so meh.

It might be best to just not rule it out. We know so little it's honestly impossible to say what a keyblade can or can not do. Though I imagine if a keyblade did evolve it'd be an important occurrence and that it'd stay in that shape in all it's later appearances.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
I started a thread similar to this a while ago, and while the general consensus was basically the same, I thought I'd add my ideas from that post. It also had pictures.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back