• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Do I have problems?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Little_Red

betch.
Okay, my parents got divorced in August and the papers were finalized after 16 years of marriage. My mother immediatly moved in with her homosexual (at least in my opinion) boyfriend, and got married to him right away. Then my dad went to the Phillipines and married this other woman, and had only been writing letters to her for less than 3 months. I keep asking for a psychiatrist, but my dad says no. I know he doesn't want me to see one because if I say that my parents are ruining my life, they take me and my younger sister away and we probably won't be together. I've been keeping a journal and writing down stuff about the whole divorce thing. Also my parents are constantly bickering over little stupid things. I also tried out for my school play, and got one of the characters "Little Red Ridinghood" in Into the Woods. Also, some of the kids were really mad when they found out that I got one of the "lead" female parts in the play, and kept pointing fingers at me on the cast list because I just transferred in the school at the beginning of the school year.

Is there something wrong with doing stuff after school and keeping a journal? And do you think things will settle down soon?

any advice would be helpful, thanks

EDIT: the "core four" female roles in the play are Baker's wife, Cinderella, Witch, and Little Red Ridinghood (and more or less Rapunzel)

Last edited:

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. ur probably going through mixed emotions and ur parents aren't making it easier. Screw those other kids, you got the part cause ur better than they are and there jealous. i don't really know what its like to have divorced parents so will things go well for you, i hope so. I hope this helps, if it doesn't, i'm sorry.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
I'm sorry your parents won't address your wanting to see a psychiatrist. A journal will help you get through all this, and it's a great idea to keep one.

As for getting a lead role, (Incidently I hear Into the Woods is great, so nice job!) they're jealous. Just try and make friends with them, I guess. But if they're such petty people that they judge you just because you're good at acting, then they may not be people you want for friends, anyway.

I hope you get through all this okay, and break a leg for Into the Woods!

Little_Red

betch.
thanks, i try to be nice, but i don't really know many of them. and the guy who plays the wolf continuously upstages me, and it is kind of annoying me. mr.aronson (the drama coordinator putting this whole show together) warned me that people would talk about me. he said "some may be really nice, and a couple of them may be bullies" and he said if i have any problems to tell him about it. i think i should practice my acting a little more because he's always upstaging me....oh well, i'll just do what I can for now.

Electropop

What would you do for a Klondak Bar
Website
www.myspace.com
please, your not "werid" Your nomral. So what you got the lead role! that means you have talent!

Now about the journal..thats not bad. =/ I do that every night then lock it up. You aint the only one that does.

For the psychiatrist i dont know. Im in the mist of doing this myself. and i dont like it. I never have, so its up to you to do it =/ Im the type who dosent like doing this sort of stuff.

im sure things will look up <3

Little_Red

betch.
thanks, i hope so too. also some of them keep saying stuff about my singing, or start singing my songs, like they can do it better. it makes me mad when they do that, but....

Devious

Here's the thing, there's never anything wrong with anyone. It's a matter of perception. If you want to keep a journal, by all means, DO IT! I recently read a short, auto-biography quote (short = 2 full pages). In this the writer told of how a journal kept him sane. There is nothing wrong with journal writing, sometimes it can be the best way to express yourself. Drama is another great way to do it, and if you get the lead part, guess what... You're a better actor/actress than most people there! Lead roles are chosen for those who act the part best! People in your school are rather... Intolerant with new students just because they cannot get over the fact that they're beaten by someone better than them.

You can perceive yourself as normal, and do what you want to do, and you're normal. People can call you weird, and you can let it get to you, then you're weird... Here's a little example.

When I was in elementary, I was picked on the most. I had no friends, I had only my studies to keep me sane. Guess how many times suicide almost became a reality for me. 3-4 times. It's because I let it get to me. You can't just let it get to you. Now I don't care what people think and despite my diagnosed Depression I am one of the happiest people I know because I don't care what people think of me.

Now I'm not telling you to be me, I'm just giving you an example. I know it will be hard to get through this kind of situation. But life is like a rollercoaster, literally. It has its ups, and downs, and sometimes you end up puking. But when you break down and let it get to you, ride's over...

Don't give up, you're perfectly normal because you are a specific human being with specific wants, ideals, perceptions, and a specific mentality which only you can allow change with.

I sound too much like an effing parent... Good day...

T

Tyler Durden

why would people make fun of you for doing well in a play?

But the divorce thing, talk to the school counselor. They are free, and your father doesn't have to know about it.

What i DON"T get is why both of your parents got hitched again so fast. Was there a long seperation, or are you paraphrasing the hell out of this story?

Little_Red

betch.
well my mom got married to that vile, stupid, banana eating monkey from the phillipines, because she knew that i would do ANYTHING to get her new husband in jail and got deported out of this country (US)

...my dad on the other hand said that he needed some companionship, and he got married to some girl that he had only been writing letters to for the past three (more or less) months...

i think they're both very insecure people and I've had many fights with my parents because of it

EDIT: and i don't really like sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back