• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DmC: Devil May Cry remake pitch.

• Thread starter Deleted member 246005
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 246005

I'm gonna be fair and redo DmC as well. I prefer it to 4 but it's still a mixed bag.

Redoing DmC is tough.

It would've been better for DmC if they pitched it as a canon entry than a reboot. Letting it be another sidestory/prequel etc.

Before DMC5, DMC stories was pretty disconnected from each other. There are recurring elements but the stories were self-contained.

So it could've been another case Dante took offscreen. Most of the games take place years apart so I assumed he did other cases. DMC3 is set 10 years before DMC1. So just put them there.

Option 1-

I would do a storyline set between two time periods of Dante's life. One where he's 17 and the other were he's 27. 1 actor should play both roles and both periods are set in Limbo City.

The two time periods are a way to play both Dantes off each other and a way to make it more convincing for skeptical players.

Option 2-

Dante grew up with dissociative identity disorder.

Tony Redgrave would be one of Dante's 4 "alters" or alternate personalities. Some new gameplay mechanics and puzzles will focus on them. In gameplay they would take the place of the "Styles" Dante can use.

Option 3-

Dante gets split into two halves, one representing his human self and another representing his demon half.

He doesn't know how and has to adjust to the changes. Both halves don't get along and seperate till they figure out how to reconnect.

Option 4-

I don't mind keeping NT's vision for the reboot. I'd just change the gameplay structure more. Instead of the linear mission based structure, I'd go for an open world structure. It's more God of War than Red Dead.

DmC feels like a movie when it should've been a tv show. Capcom focused on changing the wrong thing. Plus it solves NT's main issue which is the lack of replay ability and side content. I loved Enslaved but it's not a game I need to replay again.

This new gameplay structure allows you to further develop the world and characters more. DmC Dante's journey from apathetic Outsider to Defender of Humanity could be more gradual.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm gonna be fair and redo DmC as well. I prefer it to 4 but it's still a mixed bag.

Redoing DmC is tough.

It would've been better for DmC if they pitched it as a canon entry than a reboot. Letting it be another sidestory/prequel etc.

Before DMC5, DMC stories was pretty disconnected from each other. There are recurring elements but the stories were self-contained.

So it could've been another case Dante took offscreen. Most of the games take place years apart so I assumed he did other cases. DMC3 is set 10 years before DMC1. So just put them there.

Option 1-

I would do a storyline set between two time periods of Dante's life. One where he's 17 and the other were he's 27. 1 actor should play both roles and both periods are set in Limbo City.

The two time periods are a way to play both Dantes off each other and a way to make it more convincing for skeptical players.

Option 2-

Dante grew up with dissociative identity disorder.

Tony Redgrave would be one of Dante's 4 "alters" or alternate personalities. Some new gameplay mechanics and puzzles will focus on them. In gameplay they would take the place of the "Styles" Dante can use.

Option 3-

Dante gets split into two halves, one representing his human self and another representing his demon half.

He doesn't know how and has to adjust to the changes. Both halves don't get along and seperate till they figure out how to reconnect.

Option 4-

I don't mind keeping NT's vision for the reboot. I'd just change the gameplay structure more. Instead of the linear mission based structure, I'd go for an open world structure. It's more God of War than Red Dead.

DmC feels like a movie when it should've been a tv show. Capcom focused on changing the wrong thing. Plus it solves NT's main issue which is the lack of replay ability and side content. I loved Enslaved but it's not a game I need to replay again.

This new gameplay structure allows you to further develop the world and characters more. DmC Dante's journey from apathetic Outsider to Defender of Humanity could be more gradual.
I really like your idea for option 1, I would be into that.

D

Deleted member 246005

I really like your idea for option 1, I would be into that.
Thanks.

Young Dante's design is based of Heine Rammsteiner from the series Dogs Bullets and Carnage.

He's a good middle ground between Classic Dante and what the reboot was going for. He was also created by Shirou Miwa who worked on DMC before so it all came together.

Back