• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DLC dreams you know won’t come true

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd also like some elaboration on how Repliku "came back." Was he in Riku's heart? Did he join with him in the Dark Margin? How did he get the Way to the Dawn? A lot has been left unanswered about him.
From Jiminy's Journal:

Riku had been holding his own against Dark Riku and Xigbar – and Ansem, who retreated when Sora joined the fight.

The two friends defeated Dark Riku, who insisted the Riku on the side of light was the fake. But the final judgment was rendered by a third Riku – the replica inside Riku’s heart. He could have seized Dark Riku’s body for his own, but instead the replica sacrificed himself in order to tear Dark Riku free of the vessel, so that it could be saved for Naminé.
He was picked up when Riku was hit by the Demon Wave in the Realm of Darkness (when Riku spoke to the person whose voice was muffled).

And some more: Why/How did Aqua become Anti-Aqua? Is it because Ansem SoD pushed her in? Was it just the water, or did Ansem SoD have something to do with it?
From Jiminy's Journal:

Sora followed Riku’s voice to the shore of a dark sea. There, he found his friend and the King barely holding their own against Aqua, whose heart had been consumed by darkness. Sora prevailed over Aqua, and pulled her from the sea as she began sinking into its depths. At long last, Master Aqua returned to the realm of light.
Aqua, after she fell to darkness. Years and years of wandering through the realm of darkness ended with her being cast into the watery depths beyond its margin.

So the "how" she became Anti-Aqua is explained thanks to Jiminy, but Jiminy's Journal implies it was because of the water though I would guess that Ansem's blast was a big contributing.

Was Terra, as the Guardian, conscious of the fact that he was throwing one of his best friends around?
I think it was said in 0.2 that he fights with Xehanort for control, so it's like a tug-o-war, so he probably wasn't aware that he was fighting them.

Was Terra's heart "conscious" at all before the fight against Terranort and Vanitas?
Yeah, 0.2 showcased this (unless you mean anytime between then and that fight).

How is the coexistence of both Ansem's and Terranort's Guardians explained during the time that they both exist?
I don't think it is, but since Terra had Xehanort within his heart and that heart is shared between the two and exist in KH3 thanks to time travel, it may be the one Guardian just from different time periods? Otherwise I guess they both summon the Guardian when the other isn't using it?

When Terra's heart, mind, and body all reunite in the KG, does he remember his time as the Lingering Will AND the Guardian?
Probably. I mean, Xemnas retained Terra's memories so it should stand to reason that Terra retains the memories of the last 10-ish years. Hopefully this is expanded upon with the new Lingering Will storyline because he just drops out of the game after his fight with Terra-Xehanort and it isn't addressed what happened to him.

So many questions, so little time.... And probably no answers.
This series does love to obfuscate plot details a lot but I really wouldn't rule it out. If Nomura does address this in some form then it'll be put into a game way down the track lol.

I probably got some things wrong, so I apologise in that event, but I hope some of your questions and wonder has been cleared up, even a little.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I'd also like some elaboration on how Repliku "came back." Was he in Riku's heart? Did he join with him in the Dark Margin? How did he get the Way to the Dawn? A lot has been left unanswered about him.
The exact line from Repliku when he first spoke with Riku in the RoD was: "I didn't expect to find you here." Later he said that after his defeat in Reverse Rebirth, "the darkness took my broken mind." Implying that he only tagged along with Riku at that the moment that he ran into him while both were in the RoD. As for how he got the Way to Dawn, when he didn't even have a physical body to retrieve it with (and yeah that's clearly iffy), my best guess is he just projected his "spirit" (for lack of a better term) and grabbed it soon after it was placed. Or maybe he just dismissed it from within Riku and kept it in his hammer space.

Note that the only time that we actually see him with it, he's in a metaphysical plane, so it's possible it may have only been symbolic- which would explain why it never comes up again or gets addressed (though that could easily just be the poor storytelling too I suppose).

Why/How did Aqua become Anti-Aqua? Is it because Ansem SoD pushed her in? Was it just the water, or did Ansem SoD have something to do with it?
The dialogue implies that it was SoD's doing. Otherwise, I can't see why he'd say "I mustn't leave you with nothing" in the moment that he blasted her. That said, they were purposefully vague about literally the whole thing (including how and why she lost her keyblade, how and why the hell SoD found them there in the first place, etc.), so I don't think we'll ever hear it straight from them in any kind of blatant manner.

Aw, and Chaser beat me to the punch. Wonderful 🙃

Amadeus

Awards
Thanks for the answers, I appreciate them.
He was picked up when Riku was hit by the Demon Wave in the Realm of Darkness (when Riku spoke to the person whose voice was muffled).
Thanks for doing all this research, Chaser!
The exact line from Repliku when he first spoke with Riku in the RoD was: "I didn't expect to find you here." Later he said that after his defeat in Reverse Rebirth, "the darkness took my broken mind." Implying that he only tagged along with Riku at that the moment that he ran into him while both were in the RoD. As for how he got the Way to Dawn, when he didn't even have a physical body to retrieve it with (and yeah that's clearly iffy), my best guess is he just projected his "spirit" (for lack of a better term) and grabbed it soon after it was placed. Or maybe he just dismissed it from within Riku and kept it in his hammer space.

Note that the only time that we actually see him with it, he's in a metaphysical plane, so it's possible it may have only been symbolic- which would explain why it never comes up again or gets addressed (though that could easily just be the poor storytelling too I suppose).

I guess what I'm really wondering is how exactly Repliku connected with Riku (did he enter his heart, Nobody + Somebody style?), but I also misremembered the end of Repliku's story in CoM; after reviewing it, him appearing in the Realm of Darkness makes a lot more sense. As for the Way to the Dawn, I like what you said, Twilight. I suppose Repliku just took its "spirit"/"essence"/ metaphysical existence to fight with.

So the "how" she became Anti-Aqua is explained thanks to Jiminy, but Jiminy's Journal implies it was because of the water though I would guess that Ansem's blast was a big contributing.
The dialogue implies that it was SoD's doing. Otherwise, I can't see why he'd say "I mustn't leave you with nothing" in the moment that he blasted her. That said, they were purposefully vague about literally the whole thing (including how and why she lost her keyblade, how and why the hell SoD found them there in the first place, etc.), so I don't think we'll ever hear it straight from them in any kind of blatant manner.

Yeah, it's the vagueness of whether it was the water or Ansem really bothers me :/ Like, if Ansem didn't do it, what did he mean by "I mustn't leave you with nothing"? If he had intended to kill her, that would TRULY be leaving her with nothing....

Yeah, 0.2 showcased this (unless you mean anytime between then and that fight).

I meant since Sora's time, so after 0.2. IIRC Terra says he can't see anything in 0.2 (or at least he couldn't see Aqua), so I don't know how aware he is of the outside world. He's clearly battling Xehanort's heart in that black void from the end of his story in BBS, but idk where Terra's at as far as the physical world goes.

I don't think it is, but since Terra had Xehanort within his heart and that heart is shared between the two and exist in KH3 thanks to time travel, it may be the one Guardian just from different time periods? Otherwise I guess they both summon the Guardian when the other isn't using it?

I love the idea of Terranort and Ansem having to take turns summoning their own personal Heartless, but something about Xehanort's selfish nature tells me that's not the case, as much as I wish it was :') But I think you're right on the "one Guardian, two time periods" note.

Sorry if my questions were super obvious, and thanks again for answering them!! At least if Re:Mind leaves the other things unanswered, I know where to come, lol

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Two additional Disney Worlds that have Xion and Terranort as the seekers. I know for a fact this won't happen because it would have to drastically rewrite KH3's story in which these two are suppose to be "secret" until Keyblade Graveyard. Even though Terra was like already confirmed a seeker by Xehanort back in DDD. Plus making new Disney worlds would be too much work and take too much resources. Still I wish it. Xion didn't do anything as the 13th Seeker of Darkness. It's hilarious she did more as the 14th of the old organization and she was a unofficial intern of that group.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Two additional Disney Worlds that have Xion and Terranort as the seekers. I know for a fact this won't happen because it would have to drastically rewrite KH3's story in which these two are suppose to be "secret" until Keyblade Graveyard. Even though Terra was like already confirmed a seeker by Xehanort back in DDD. Plus making new Disney worlds would be too much work and take too much resources. Still I wish it. Xion didn't do anything as the 13th Seeker of Darkness. It's hilarious she did more as the 14th of the old organization and she was a unofficial intern of that group.
See, I'm kinda split here (but this is a really interesting post to think about). On one hand, having Terranort as a Seeker for a later world could've not only helped the story be better paced, but also prompt the main cast to discover Terra's fate (and think back on all the red flags to help them understand when and how it happened) naturally rather than having Mickey take 5 seconds to reason the entire thing out. This could provide Aqua (not just Mickey) with the chance to re explain the events during the finale of BBS, and would also let the characters stop beating around the bush and stick to the non-existent mystery of "is Terra a Seeker or not" up until they finally get to the graveyard. This also removes the need for that scene where the Guardians run into Terranort, and act like idiotic, OOC, useless, petrified versions of themselves. Another thing this adds is having SDG "looking for Terra" actually go somewhere, because in the game that we got, Mickey just came off like an incompetent fool trying to tell Sora what to do (expecting for them to switch his priorities from helping Roxas [which Riku and Mickey don't even assist with] to finding Terra despite not having the slightest clue where and how to do so). Seriously this idea could've fixed so much it hurts.

That said, Xion SoD really didn't need to do a thing, nor should she really. The goal of
Siax and Vexen bringing her back was never to assist the Organization in any substantial way. Their aim was to have Xion's vessel be reunited with her heart and join the GoL to help balance the scales against Xehanort.
Doing so while masquerading as part of the group, also allowed them both trick the organization into wasting their time and unknowingly assist them in their effort against them simultaneously. Really, what we needed (for the story that we got at least) was a clearer explanation on exactly HOW she was revived, as the nuances and details are still left 50-40% left to the imagination, and the presentation only made it all the more jarring and confusing.
Also, narratively speaking, having Xion actively help Xehanort/Xemnas to such a degree would kinda undermine everything she fought against in 358/2.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
See, I'm kinda split here (but this is a really interesting post to think about). On one hand, having Terranort as a Seeker for a later world could've not only helped the story be better paced, but also prompt the main cast to discover Terra's fate (and think back on all the red flags to help them understand when and how it happened) naturally rather than having Mickey take 5 seconds to reason the entire thing out. This could provide Aqua (not just Mickey) with the chance to re explain the events during the finale of BBS, and would also let the characters stop beating around the bush and stick to the non-existent mystery of "is Terra a Seeker or not" up until they finally get to the graveyard. This also removes the need for that scene where the Guardians run into Terranort, and act like idiotic, OOC, useless, petrified versions of themselves. Another thing this adds is having SDG "looking for Terra" actually go somewhere, because in the game that we got, Mickey just came off like an incompetent fool trying to tell Sora what to do (expecting for them to switch his priorities from helping Roxas [which Riku and Mickey don't even assist with] to finding Terra despite not having the slightest clue where and how to do so). Seriously this idea could've fixed so much it hurts.

That said, Xion SoD really didn't need to do a thing, nor should she really. The goal of
Siax and Vexen bringing her back was never to assist the Organization in any substantial way. Their aim was to have Xion's vessel be reunited with her heart and join the GoL to help balance the scales against Xehanort.
Doing so while masquerading as part of the group, also allowed them both trick the organization into wasting their time and unknowingly assist them in their effort against them simultaneously. Really, what we needed (for the story that we got at least) was a clearer explanation on exactly HOW she was revived, as the nuances and details are still left 50-40% left to the imagination, and the presentation only made it all the more jarring and confusing.
Also, narratively speaking, having Xion actively help Xehanort/Xemnas to such a degree would kinda undermine everything she fought against in 358/2.

Well hey, she'd be back in her default mode with no heart or memories. She wouldn't be herself. They could have tied it to what happened to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 3. Honestly Xion could work in any Disney/Pixar world that has artificial life or something that gains life as she fits either theme. I fully get what you are saying and actually agree with you on why she's a seeker. But at the same time, I still kinda wish they'd use her more given her weird situation on how she came alive. So many Disney movies she can relate too. Toy Story, Wall-E, Pinocchio, Wreck-It Ralph, heck even Dory's memory loss she can relate too XD

As far as Terranort goes...full agreement. We don't even get to see him in the Organization coat outside the journal. The Terranort scene is awful, especially for the Keyblade Masters that do nothing in that scene. Why on earth did Mickey thing he, Riku, and Aqua would be enough to beat Xehanort when they did nothing to stop Terranort?

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Well hey, she'd be back in her default mode with no heart or memories. She wouldn't be herself. They could have tied it to what happened to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 3. Honestly Xion could work in any Disney/Pixar world that has artificial life or something that gains life as she fits either theme. I fully get what you are saying and actually agree with you on why she's a seeker. But at the same time, I still kinda wish they'd use her more given her weird situation on how she came alive. So many Disney movies she can relate too. Toy Story, Wall-E, Pinocchio, Wreck-It Ralph, heck even Dory's memory loss she can relate too XD
Yeah, that's another I was wondering. How are you going to have any interesting, worthwhile interactions with what's essentially the equivalent of a mindless drone? I suppose theoretically they could have Sora "recall" memories of Xion, potentially leading Roxas to actually speak up through Sora in a similar matter to what Ventus did whenever Aqua was discussed. Those intrusions might eventually prompt Sora to have an internal conversation with Roxas about Xion, where her sacrifice (something that never becomes relevant or gets brought up, which is mind-boggling to say the least) finally comes to light. This scene would give the two some actual dialogue together (instead of having Sora place Roxas in such high regard only to barely utter a word to him when he's finally brought back, because I guess the writers can never be bothered to actually follow through with what they set up in the same game), and could be viewed as a kind of build up to Sora/Roxas breaking down in front of "Xion" during the final battle. It would at least give the moment of her return some kind of weight beyond just... tears :cry:.

That said, we have to ask ourselves at some point why the real Xion never attempted to just reveal herself or make her presence known the same way we see Roxas and Ventus do at several points in the story. I mean, talking through Sora's mouth wasn't an actual thing they could do in past games (and was said to still not be a thing by Ienzo in this game), which was a very crucial part of the narrative, so this is already inconsistent. But if they're retconning the mechanics of how the hearts inside Sora function, at least go all the way and have Xion start talking. It'd be a serious convenience sure, but KH3 is filled with an obscene amount of those already. Would've saved the characters a lot of time and energy. But then, the same goes for remembering Re: coded, so I digress.

As far as Terranort goes...full agreement. We don't even get to see him in the Organization coat outside the journal. The Terranort scene is awful, especially for the Keyblade Masters that do nothing in that scene. Why on earth did Mickey thing he, Riku, and Aqua would be enough to beat Xehanort when they did nothing to stop Terranort?
Lmao, right?! It didn't even occur to me till you pointed it out, but yeah, the same three people Mickey proposed should go after Xehanort (w/the X-blade no less) were the exact same people who actively did nothing to stop Terranort from wailing on their comrades. Yikes. At least in that regard it makes more sense why Donald and Goofy went instead, since they actually did shit. lol

Last edited:

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
So this is the thread where we all gather, accept, and reveal our unfulfilled wishes for the long awaited KH3, which had so much potential but ended up disappointing so many fans?! Someone bring me some booze!

Here's mine:

- Playable Riku scenario. Reusing 0.2 BBS assets, the Realm of Darkness would be a little bigger than what he have now and then we would get playable a Radiant Garden scenario with them, where they would meet the FF crew, while retracing Aqua's steps. There would be a scene with Riku getting his new keyblade. Saix would be the darkness of this world, because he's one of the few Org XIII members who doesn't have awWord for himself and this one is perfect for him, since it's his home. While in there, he would have a flashback of him and Lea talking about saving"her" (subject x), so that plot point didn't came from nowhere when he meets Axel later.

- Playable Kairi scenario. We could explore more of her training with Axel (what they even did?!) and their final test could involve a second visit to one of the worlds we already have, like Twilight Town. Merlin is there afterall and they never interacted with him in the whole series, as far as I remember. While in there, Axel would have more flashbacks of himself, Roxas and a less blurry Xion than the first flashback. This scenario would include the rest of Twilight Town.

- Playable Xehanort scenario. Starts with a dive to his heart and focus on his time as apprentice in Scala ad Caelum. Besides exploring Scala ad Caelum, there would be a little playable segment in Keyblade graveyard and cutscenes in Destiny Islands. Eraqus would be a boss battle. Ends with Xehanort and Eraqus deciding to walk different paths.

- Mysterious Tower playable. This is one of the things that I don't understand what happened. It was shown in the trailers, it seemed polished, there's a lot of cutscenes in Yen Sid's tower and yet it was cut...

- The rest of Twilight Town. I already mentioned this when talking about Kairi scenario, but it's pathetic what they did to this world and honestly this and Mysterious Tower should just be a free update, regardless if we get anything more.

- A Final Fantasy secret boss. Unlike many people, I'm not interested in fighting Sephiroth a third time and I would rather someone new. I want Jecht (human form) from FF10 with this gem playing in the background. The battlefield would be Olympus. You know, that Disney world where we would always meet a FF character until KH3 ruin that streak...

I could also mention Olympus tournaments, but I guess the battlegates and Org XIII data battles that we will get are enough for me, even though that big arena behind Zeus is pretty much asking for it...

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
Am I the only one satisfied with the Twilight Town we got in KH3? I was personally fine with not revisiting the areas we've already been to in KH2 (and Days); by the end of that game I felt like I'd spent long enough in those particular areas for a lifetime. The only thing I missed at all was the Old Mansion and that backyard part we never got to explore. The additions to the town KH3 brought was more than anything I ever expected and was satisfying enough for me.

Back to the topic, DLC wishes that probably won't happen:

Riku and Mickey playable scenario in RoD and Radiant Garden, with a meet up with the FF gang.

Unlockable outfit customizations like we had in 2.8 (I was honestly shocked it wasn't in the game).

Being able to talk with and take photos with the Guardians of Light before the battles at the Keyblade Graveyard (with reactions like all the other party members in the game).

An extra heart-to-heart cutscene with the Destiny Trio before they head into the final world, since we never got a proper one in the base game, the paopu scene and Repliku talk don't count imo.

A playable segment about how Sora and Riku end up in Shibuya specifically, or the events that led up to them landing there. Unless this is gone be shown in the next game, it would be nice to show how this happened in the DLC.

Also, for the love of God, when we play as other characters please please please let us customize the shortcut menus. When playing as Riku and Aqua the hardest part of those battles was accidentally using the wrong magic or equipment at the wrong time, since I was so used to them being set to different buttons as Sora. It made me die quite a few times just because the item I needed was already accidentally used up by the time I actually needed them. The best fix for this would be to be able to walk around with the characters in a non battle setting so we can manage the controls and shortcuts before we head into the respective battles (and if so it would be cool if we could take selfies with them too with their own individuals poses)

Also also, this isn't about the DLC but a general question: did Riku and Mickey retrace Aqua's steps through the worlds from BBS, or did they only go to Radiant Garden? If so it would be cool to see where they went or what other characters they interacted with, even just in cutscene form.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also also, this isn't about the DLC but a general question: did Riku and Mickey retrace Aqua's steps through the worlds from BBS, or did they only go to Radiant Garden? If so it would be cool to see where they went or what other characters they interacted with, even just in cutscene form.

It's believed that they did retrace her steps through the worlds since there was a Fairy Godmother model in the works.

KillerCritic

Taking the KB party members with you to other worlds and switch between them on the fly. I can't be the only one who wants to kick ass as Sora Roxas and Ventus.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Taking the KB party members with you to other worlds and switch between them on the fly. I can't be the only one who wants to kick ass as Sora Roxas and Ventus.
Lol, you're definitely not. For a time, I actually thought that was gonna be the trio that dealt the finishing blow on Xehanort, but no one even talks to the old man in this game aside from Sora, Riku, and Mickey. If there's anything I wish was added with DLC (and should've been in the main game), it's more character interactions. Preferably meaningful, quality ones. It's criminal that TAV didn't get a single peice of diologue with Master Xehanort in KH3 when they're the ones with most history with the character (far moreso than even Mickey). Same with Sora & Roxas, and Kairi & Namine.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
A lot of what I wanted to say has been covered so I'm just gonna focus a sec on one thing I've been thinking about lately.

Addressing Xemnas' connection to Terra, Ven, and Aqua.

I was bound to talk about Mansex eventually. :LOL: But....out of everyone, his character was shafted to most.

His talking with Aqua's armor was originally a big deal, but was never touched upon afterwards. That one scene in 0.2 where Xehanort is talking with Aqua maaaay have something to do with it, but I just don't see it, nothing was said in interviews or the Ultimania, and this is a case where "because darkness" is actually a better reason for once.

In Days, Xemnas gave Roxas a pat on the shoulder. This was meant to show his connection with Terra, as Terra did the same with Ven in the BBS beta trailer, but was removed in the final version. So now it means nothing.

Xemnas' "So, sleep has taken you again." toward a comatosed Roxas was a pretty damn important line, again showing his Terra side, but was cut from the 1.5 Remix scenes. Xemnas also wanted to find the Chamber of Waking in order to find his other "friend" (Ven), yet he has no involvement with Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure in KH3.

These bits from Xemnas showed there was something more to his character, but nothing came from it. Instead of these things being addressed, Xemnas just exists in KH3 because he's expected to be and look pretty.

I always found it interesting on just how much Terra and Xehanort he might be, especially when you consider that he could have been in the same boat as Roxas and had been a zombie upon creation as, since Sora getting his memories back caused Roxas' lack thereof, Ansem having the apprentice's memories would theoretically mean Xemnas didn't. So what he does know from his apprentice days would be from memory leaks (like those things Roxas had) or being told by others. Because of the complete mess his creation was, he has muscle memory and vague memories from Terra (and I guess Xehanort too.)

So I doubt something like the DLC would address something like this considering the amount of attention it would need and how Nomura seems to just not want to do it given how it's never touched on at all in the base game. I'm still bummed Xemnas didn't get any interaction with TVA.

And now he's dead.

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
Forgot to add 2 DLC wishes: 20+ save files and/or battle portals to refight all the bosses that you can only fight once. Something similar to the Link Portals in DDD where you can refight stronger versions of bosses after you finish the game.

Elliekey13

Awards
I'm just siting in the corner hopping and praying for playable Ventus. Let our wind child have his traumatic keyblade war flashbacks please.

Back