• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DLC dreams you know won’t come true

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So it’s Monday morning and we are all still a little high from the Re:Mind trailer a week later, so let’s talk about DLC.

...specifically ones that will never come true but we still want them anyways!

I’ll start:

- DLC costumes based on the First Breath, World Tour, and World of Tres artwork. I’d love to see Sora in a tux.

- FF characters: I mean, at this point we all kinda figure this isn’t happening but it would be nice to have them in the game with a little quest attached to them. That leads to the next two wishes!

- Playable Riku scenario: a whole segment based on his time with Mickey in the Realm of Darkness, which also covers Radiant Garden so we can have FF characters appear. A few members have mentioned this recently and I know I definitely wanted this almost immediately after it became obvious in KH3 that we were going to miss out on that experience.

- World of Final Fantasy cameos: The constellations are based on WoFF already. Just have Lann and Reynn appear as secret DLC bosses. The way that game ends essentially open them up to being able to appear really ANYWHERE.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
1. A Wreck-It Ralph world. How perfect would it be for it to parallel what’s happening there in KHUX since a lot of ReMind is already connected to what’s happening in the main story of that game? It won’t happen, but I think it would be a cool concept.

2. A Reverse/Rebirth style scenario where we play as Riku/Kairi/whoever traveling through each world with a condensed story. Like maybe just a cutscene at the beginning and end of each with a final boss fight against a more powerful Remnant of that world’s main boss or even something original.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Sora, Riku, and Kairi being an actual trio. Something that will probably never happened again #theSorandRikushow

But as far content, yeah, I expected FF and Radiant Garden playable.

Just kind of shocked that's one the thing they thought KH fans didn't care about having in KH3, when having them not there was one of there biggest complaints and then some fans try to justify it, saying RG and FF crew weren't that important when they kind of were? RG is a pretty important place and the FF crew were apart of the story of that world, which is why its weird seeing the newly reformed organization members just kind of chilling around 10 years later as if nothing happened without any obstacles or repercussions at all from the citizens who brought it back from the brink.

Also, they're arcs never concluded because they organizations members came back, meaning that they kind of needed to be apart of the story so they can wrap up plotlines from KH1. So nothing really ended. Espeically Cloud's. You don't supposedly end an arc by having your two characters disappear into the sky with no explanation. And if that's an ending, that's a really crappy ending.

Other then the colusiem and data battles, that's about it. I don't really need side quests or extra keyblades.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
  • Battle Portals for Destiny Island, Land of Departure and The Mysterious Tower
  • Twilight Town path being expanded up to the clock tower
  • Main story boss re-fight mode (Titans, Baymax, Darqua, Grim Guardianess etc.)
  • One superboss in each Disney world, based on a character from that franchise (e.g. Zurg for Toy Box, Varian's robot for Corona, Yokai for San Fransokyo)
  • Lea and Kairi boss fight with each other
These are all things I know I won't be getting :(

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Hmm... I'll try and keep it realistic and not go overboard.
------​
A Twilight Town expansion pack. No additional story or anything (since what can you add to the current story that wouldn't feel like forced padding?), but something that would let us explore some the old Kh2 area's.

Super Groupies costume dlc. No brainer, lol.

Side Quests. A mix between the one in Olympus and the ones we had in 0.2 (ideally, some could be tied to to some of the main characters of the world). This would allow you to gain new cosmetics, trophies, and perhaps a new Keyblade.

Mirage Arena/Tournaments. Something that has you playing through waves of enemies with unique bosses: New heartless; super boss versions of GoL (maybe with some unique tag teams); one mystery boss that can give further insight into the future story (i.e. something akin to a Lingering Will, Xemnas, Mysterious Figure, etc.). Beating this would grant you a trophy, a new Keyblade, and perhaps a crown.

I would say add another Disney World, but I'd rather save as many as possible for future games.

Can't think of too much to add in terms of playable story expansion tbh. Nothing Riku and Mickey do, for the entirety of the game, is exactly important or accomplishes anything. Going to Radiant Garden, for example, didn't help anyone with anything, and they eventually just went back to the RoD anyway despite not even making progress. Still, like Oracle says, it'd be a decent excuse to see the Restoration Committee again. Other than that, getting a better look at look at Kairi and Lea's training would be nice, even though we know it won't amount to much either. Maybe some proper flashbacks to Subject X as well.

Being able to use other playable characters when replaying the story (either remove cutscenes, or keep them the same as they originally were). It's absurd to expect them to have a comparable amount of customization as Sora, but ideally they would all have a workable amount of depth to their gameplay, but be unique in their own ways (taking inspiration from the game's in which they originated).

More original Keyblades. Preferably brand new ones, and not just returning ones they already had a model for. This could extend to new Form Changes as well, though that wouldn't be necessary.

Ideally, I would've liked a secret episode that focuses on someone else as the main playable character. Like BBS, it'd be for one fairly sizable world, and end with a crazy difficult, but still cool and mysterious boss fight.

*Edited for grammatical errors*

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I know we probably won't get any new links. RIP Maui, Jack Skellington, and adult Bambi. Maybe next game.

New Disney worlds are a big no no. As are second visits. Which is unfortunate since I thought those were somewhat plausible.

Probably no new keyblades aside from Oathkeeper and Oblivion

okhi12

Awards
Not much left to say that hasn't been said before. I wish they add new heartless/nobodies/unversed. The final mixes of KH 1, 2 and BBS included new regular enemies and some of them were special challenges or minigames. Re:mind should add some too, but as it seems to be all about the Keyblade Graveyard and the KG has no regular enemies I don't think they will. They could add them to the disney worlds or expand the KG, though.

I really wish they would include a new scenario with explorable Scala ad Caelum (with treasure chests, enemies and the typical stuff). Either with Young Xehanort/Eraqus or Sora if Re:mind is really about saving Kairi and the ending has to be rewritten, but explorable Scala definitely won't happen. Not this time, at least.

If only a few of all the things we have said were included in Re:mind that would be such a pleasant surprise...

This is like a flashback to some pre-KH3 threads, many wishes that won't come true.
At least this time we are even more aware we should keep our expectations in check, aren't we?

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is like a flashback to some pre-KH3 threads, many wishes that won't come true.
At least this time we are even more aware we should keep our expectations in check, aren't we?
Unlike then, this is at least a thread based on things we know won't come true, rather than guessing that something is in and fighting to the death on that hill.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, this is mostly a postmortem thread to air out those last little wishes and hope we still hold on to so we can accept that we will never have them.

That way we aren’t like fussing about it never happening, but instead just understanding that we have these wants...like options to swap Sora’s costume into KH1, KH2, KH3D designs...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, this is mostly a postmortem thread to air out those last little wishes and hope we still hold on to so we can accept that we will never have them.

That way we aren’t like fussing about it never happening, but instead just understanding that we have these wants...like options to swap Sora’s costume into KH1, KH2, KH3D designs...
KH1 Sora was oddly under-utilised in KH3. I still don't get why they created that model to be used for literally 20 seconds. Maybe their plan was for a "first form" transformation or something. But I digress, a topic for a different thread.

Gimme that KH3D design for Riku tho.

okhi12

Awards
Not for vanilla KH3 or Re:mind, but I still hope we'll have some of them fulfilled in future games. The FF characters closure, the expanded or visitable original worlds and some more things are still possible. It will have to be in another part of the story when it should have been in the Xehanort saga, but better late than never.

Maybe I'm too optimistic but Nomura should know what the fans tend to agree about the main flaws of KH3 by now, even if he is not able or willing to fix them anymore. It's up to him to avoid repeating them. Then I remember Kairi's treatment in KH3 which doesn't make me very confident he would care at all. Kairi having a bigger role than just the damsel in distress has been one of the most consistent things asked by the fanbase long before KH3, Nomura even teased Kairi's training in KH3D like she would be competent and it was all smoke.
For now I'm stuck in my own realm in between, that contradicting point between being optimistic and aware of reality.
I still refuse to completely drop my expectations because then the wait for future games would be no fun.

We'll just have to accept the games as they are, just like you said.
Good bye, old expectations. Welcome, new ones that will probably end exactly the same way. Yay!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Final Fantasy characters having a storyline

Updates in Disney worlds to fix things (like adding in Disney bosses, Rapunzel joining your team even after you beat Corona, explaining the satchel in Corona, the "Do You Want To Build A Snow Man" audio issue, adding more minigames/scenes to 100 Acre Wood, etc.)

Additional Disney worlds

A mode where you can play through the game as another character (the videos will just use Sora and the in-game audio/text will also just reference whatever character you're using as Sora)

Data Disney boss battles (with old bosses like Jafar/Oogie/Ursula etc)

Online 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 modes where you can pick any characters that fight (even party members)

Different selectable skins for Sora (KH1/KH2/KH3, maybe even Drive outfit options)

Playable chapter as Master Xehanort in his youth (from Destiny Islands to whatever made him turn evil)

Sora/Kairi/Riku in a fight together (and have a limit)

Kairi vs. Axel fight (where you play as Kairi and win)

Additional summons (when I saw Simba/Ariel, I felt like Nomura was going to be nostalgic and give us all the old party members as summons and/or summons from classic worlds like Genie)

Twilight Town expansion (WE CAN TAKE PICS NOW... BUT THE BEST SPOT IN THE WHOLE SERIES - THE CLOCK TOWER - WE CAN'T GET A PIC AT!), maybe a location where you can buy sea salt ice cream for a picture pose?

Playable Radiant Garden -- I don't really care for this, but it would definitely be nice to see a classic world in KH3 quality.

Coliseum (with a fight against Hercules, the other gods, Zeus, and Hades)

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I'd love all of these but...I know most of these won't come true.
  • A new Galaxy with 4 Worlds: Mirage Arena, Mysterious Tower, Land of Departure and Radiant Garden
    • Mirage Arena would be a Hub of all the Battle Gates you have completed but will have it's own exclusive Battles you can do. You can play with three Friends or Strangers and pick between Sora, Riku, Aqua and the other RE:Mind playable characters. You can even fight each other in Battle!
    • Mysterious Tower looks amazing! If it doesn't make it as a World, I'd love it as a Battle Gate or Mirage Arena Mission. We could take selfies with the Main Characters before heading off to the Keyblade Graveyard.
    • Land of Departure looks pretty nice, the Main Building you go in the Story is pretty much done and I think if it becomes a world it should add the Courtyard as an addition.
    • Radiant Garden could be small like Twilight Town and have a small scenario. Having the Restoration Committee show up, especially the FF7 characters could be great promotion for the Upcoming FF7 Remake. I want to see Leon's Storyline get concluded - alongside Cloud's with a Sephiroth Secret Boss after you complete the world and Revisit it. Maybe Sora could meet up with Ienzo in person or we get an extended cutscene of Riku and Mickey meeting with Ienzo, Dilan and Aeleus which I think it'd be neat if Tron has a cameo on the computer.
    • Another Gummi Ship Secret Boss and some new Enemies would be nice.
  • Somethings mentioned in the game like Ansem wanting to defy his fate as Cutscenes, I think it kinda has a possibility of happening with the Xion part of the DLC. Maybe we could see how the new Org XIII operates.
  • A cutscene of Sora, Riku and Kairi speaking with eachother, could take place after the Paopu Fruit scene, all 3 of them sitting on the Paopu Fruit tree. Like I really want to see Riku actually talk to Kairi. Maybe Riku could also have a conversation with Kairi when delivering her and Lea's new clothing.
  • There's probably a lot of other things I can wish for but can't really think of anything else at the moment.

Amadeus

Awards
VERY self-indulgent, but I want to see some positive interactions between Vexen and Xion. I always got the vibe that Even was the fatherly type after BBS, so I want some of that sweet, sweet validation for poor brainwashed new Organization Xion 😞 Seeing her interact with weird cousin Demyx would be fun, too. I just want to see her smile (which I hope will be in the DLC, but you never know.... She hasn't given a full smile with teeth in KH3 yet 😢)

I'd also like some elaboration on how Repliku "came back." Was he in Riku's heart? Did he join with him in the Dark Margin? How did he get the Way to the Dawn? A lot has been left unanswered about him.

And some more: Why/How did Aqua become Anti-Aqua? Is it because Ansem SoD pushed her in? Was it just the water, or did Ansem SoD have something to do with it? Was Terra, as the Guardian, conscious of the fact that he was throwing one of his best friends around? Was Terra's heart "conscious" at all before the fight against Terranort and Vanitas? How is the coexistence of both Ansem's and Terranort's Guardians explained during the time that they both exist? When Terra's heart, mind, and body all reunite in the KG, does he remember his time as the Lingering Will AND the Guardian?

So many questions, so little time.... And probably no answers.

Back