• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DLC Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I feel like that all the added DLC will just be content that would usually be in Final Mix versions than the vanilla ones. Which would be new Keyblades, new secret bosses, forms, new cutscenes, etc. So I'm fully expecting KHIII to have the content size of KHII with all this other stuff being extra. Kind of doubt they'd make an entire new world though. It would be nice to have Radiant Garden and Shibuya playable.

I mean, vanilla KH2 was a pretty good game, just that Final Mix added a whole lot more, plus it included the CoM remake. Also, there was almost a year and a half, to two years difference between both KH2 and Final Mix. That's pretty much the same time FINAL FANTASY XV has been kept running since it's initial release date on November of 2016. If Nomura succumbs to pressure, it's possible we may see a constantly updated KH3, where the Final Mix version will be the definite experience.

As for some DLC ideas:

Episode Xehanort - play as Young Xehanort and venture through Scala ad Caelum and learn about the KHx/Ux lore. Gameplay is like any Keyblade Wielder. Last boss could be either Eraqus or their Master.

Episode Axel - play as Axel in his training world as he recalls his past with Saix. Gameplay is like any Keyblade Wielder, only that he's more fire focused. Last boss is Saix.

Episode Kairi - play as Kairi in her homeworld Radiant Garden and see her childhood memories. Gameplay is like any Keyblade Wielder, but focused on light spells that stun enemies. Last boss is Ansem SoD, the man that banished her.

the red monster

Awards
I don't see us getting another playable characters via dlc tbh
to be realistic:
-Second visits to disney worlds like kh2
-secret bosses
-new keybaldes
-new summons
can't really see anything more than that

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Second visits would require coordinating with the writers of the different Disney properties inside the game. Don't know how easy that would be after teh game's release, which is why playable character dlc would be asier.

Neo_

Awards
The culture we live in: discussing DLC weeks before a game comes out.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

We already have DLC in the game for keyblades, my main issue is that people seem to be expecting worlds now. :/ Like, I was hoping official confirmation that worlds were done would mean we wouldn't have to hear "THIS COULD BE WHY THEY HID PATF AND WIR" anymore, but now we have to deal with "THIS IS WHY WE CAN SEE PATF AND WIR AS DLC". It's one thing when you are discussing something, it's another when every discussion devolves into that and it gets beat into the ground.

DangerNoodle

Awards
People are talking about KH4, DLC is small fry at this point

I don't see us getting another playable characters via dlc tbh
to be realistic:
-Second visits to disney worlds like kh2
-secret bosses
-new keybaldes
-new summons
can't really see anything more than that
Honestly, i'd pay over 50 Dollars for a DLC that would include many playable characters for a tournament/arena mode. Like, you could get Axel, Xemnas, Kairi, Xehanort, Vanitas, Xigbar, etc. and you could fight heartless and various bosses in a collisuem mode like in KH1, 2 and BBS. They could also add cosmetics for that mode which you would get by completing sections, or even microtransactions (although i'd prefer KH stays away from that part of gaming). This would add a huge amount of post-game content, as well as a sort of online experience. Something like this has been one of my dreams for Kingdom Hearts and although it is a grand idea, i think it could be possible for KH4, if not for KH3 DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
My hopes and reams for aranea and Lunafreya have been passed on to Kairi

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Besides the usual Final Mix stuff (new secret bosses, new keyblades, new cutscenes...), I would like to have more playable characters, if Sora/Riku are indeed the only ones.

Second visits to the Disney Worlds would be fun, especially if it was with other character instead of Sora.
I wanted to see Riku interact with Elsa and that won't happen.

I doubt we will have DLC Worlds and I couldn't care less about multiplayer.

Last edited:

NoWay

Awards
Well, in theory KH3 was always meant to contain at least 3 playable characters with Sora, Riku and Aqua because technically 0.2 is KH3’s intro just like Roxas’ story is KH2’s intro. Nomura already stated that 0.2 was cut from 3 and was released separately. That’s why I think we could recognize 0.2 as a part of KH3. And that’s why I’d like to have one day 0.2 implemented as a prologue in KH3 via DLC or a GOTY edition besides of the new stuff. However, I strongly doubt that. :D But one can wish

DarkFairy

I hope they will release DLC with a standalone story and 1 original world + 2 disney worlds. I could imagine Radiant Garden+Atlantis+Agrabah.

ZJGamer

I think one thing that is definitely going to be DLC is a Sephiroth fight. Nomura has to be aware of the desire for this since it was 2017 (I Think) an interviewer specifically brought this point up. I wouldn't be surprised if Sephiroth is included as DLC.

Xname

Awards
I don’t think there will be any DLC content other than what’s on the patch schedule. Square Enix love those side games, they would rather produce new titles than add to a game with an already resolved story (well as far as Nomura has promised).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don’t think there will be any DLC content other than what’s on the patch schedule. Square Enix love those side games, they would rather produce new titles than add to a game with an already resolved story (well as far as Nomura has promised).

Square Enix experimented on FINAL FANTASY XV with the "games-as-a-service" mentality. And it worked. Meaning they're going to do this from now on.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Square Enix experimented on FINAL FANTASY XV with the "games-as-a-service" mentality. And it worked. Meaning they're going to do this from now on.
I'm not sure a second season of content being cut down to 1/4 of the announced size is "working"

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Except they said the DLC structure wouldn't be handled the same way as FF XV...
It's still "games-as-a-service" mentality (to continue to support a game via DLC even after a year or two of its release).
I'm not sure a second season of content being cut down to 1/4 of the announced size is "working"
It worked, is working and will continue to work. The Second Season was slashed because of the loss they registered after founding the Luminious Dev Department. I'm sure Episode Ardyn would have hit the sack as well if they didn't have all the work they poured into it.

ZJGamer

Ugh these are RPGs, they shouldn't be done with a "Game-as-Service" mentality. As someone who has been gaming since the Genesis and SNES days, I find this direction Square-Enix is heading in to be really distasteful.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Ugh these are RPGs, they shouldn't be done with a "Game-as-Service" mentality. As someone who has been gaming since the Genesis and SNES days, I find this direction Square-Enix is heading in to be really distasteful.

It's distateful if it adds nothing to the base game and serves as a money grab. I support this mentality AS LONG AS THE GAME IS FINISHED UPON RELEASE, and DLC is just to supplement the game's lore. Like Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It worked, is working and will continue to work. The Second Season was slashed because of the loss they registered after founding the Luminious Dev Department. I'm sure Episode Ardyn would have hit the sack as well if they didn't have all the work they poured into it.
I think there's a very big difference between something "working" and something "making money."

FFXV and its DLC certainly made money, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a mismanaged, horribly-executed mess from start to finish.

At any rate, we don't really have a reason to believe that KHIII will follow suit. As if just because FFXV did something or was a certain way, that means KHIII absolutely will do the same.
Releasing DLC isn't the same as games-as-a-service. FFXV exemplified this concept through limited-time events like the Chocobo Moogle Festival and the timed mission feature, incentivizing players to keep playing not just when a new DLC dropped, but consistently over a long period of time.
Aside from Nomura's stated distaste for the season pass model, I highly doubt KHIII​ will have any similar features, particularly when the series already has a mobile game which does exactly that.

Back