• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DK∑7313/TGS08 Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Trailer Breakdown (v2)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Enchanted

Ahem.
*stacks papers*

Well for those of you who have read these, this is version 2 of the original trailer analysis.
Many of you probably ask Why? Well, I feel like it and I guess I would like to restate and open new and old thoughts and to minimize the amount of wild theories.

So this sorta like a guide now to use as a basis and to help you find something to theorize about.
I mean come on, Xion is not the only thing to talk about, and there are lots of other topics to make a theory on.

Also, I would like to say that I shall be doing the other analysis over and completing the other ones too.
And links shall be on my sig, once an analysis is completed and posted.

Note: The trailer scenes have been edited to be more specific and are based off of Bittermeats’ Translation of the trailer. Also these scenes are based only off of the new ones, not the ones from the TGS/JF '07 Trailer.

Anyway, without further ado I present to you the DK∑7313/Tokyo Game Show 2008 Trailer Analysis!

Unknown World—The Courtyard

Someone walks down stairs, watching as Terra, Ven, and Aqua rush towards them.

Okie dokie, well as you can see in trailer someone is walking down the stairs, whom is truly unknown.
I would assume that this anonymous person is the Master.
Why, you ask?

Well all three are together, which doesn’t appear to happen a lot. The world is known to be non-Disney and all three apprentices seem to already know this person, so common sense says that this man is otherwise known as the KEYBLADE MASTER.
Or just M.

Also, this scene can be assumed to be the beginning of the game, as this scene theoretically M, only appears at the beginning of the game.

Uuunleeesss….
That world acts as the base world, like Traverse Town in KH1 and Hollow Bastion in KH2.
This would then mean that this could take place somepoint within the game…when they are summoned.

Castle of Dreams—Foyer

Cinderella is seen running down the stairs of the foyer, tripping and losing one of her slippers.
She then runs towards the doors and quickly passes Aqua, who notices her running.

Cinderelly, Cinderelly!!
Well if any of you have seen them movie, then you know this scene is when the clock strikes 12 and she is forced to leave in order to conceal her identity from Prince Charming.

It appears though that Aqua is there at the world, I assume investigating.And it can be assumed that she has also not yet met Cinderella.
Here's a thought, maybe Aqua felt the purity of Cinderella that attracted her, so maybe Aqua chases after her.

Also, in another scene, Terra is seen conversing with Aqua in the foyer. So it can also be assumed that Terra is there too.

Fantasy Countryside (Snow White)—Forest Garden

Snow White picks flowers nearby the river. Terra walks behind her. Looking up, she notices him.

Snow White: "Oh! Who are you?"
Terra: "Aren't you surprised?"

Snow White stands up, looking slightly confused about Terra’s question.

Snow White: "Why?"

*coughs*
Well this scene is relatively straightforward. Terra is meeting Snow White for the first time. Snow White however seems unfazed by his appearance. So from that, it can be assumed that either…

A) Ven or Aqua has already been to that world
B) Her heart of pure light deprives her the emotion of surprise

Also, Grace Assassin suggested that maybe Terra was taking the role of the Huntsman, attempting to take her heart. However, Disney characters tend to not get replaced and so maybe Humbert comes along and attempts to attack Terra or maybe he asks Terra to protect Snow White.

Here’s a short quick reminder for anyone who thinks Snowie is younger than her movie appearance.
SNOW WHITE IS NOT YOUNGER!!!!!​

EDIT: Grace Assassin has brought to me the possiblity that Humbert is probably been replaced by Terra and that he may potray his role and therefore may attmept to tkae Snow's heart. So the possiblity arises that he may be unable to and tells her to leave the Kingdom's boundries.

Castle of Dreams—Dressing Room

Ven is tiptoeing, watching out for Lucifer while holding a spherical blue jewel. Behind Lucifer attempts to claw him, but is unsuccessful when Jaq the Mouse yells holding a large blue ball of yarn.

Jaq: "Watch out!
Jaq: "Run back inside!"

Lucifer pounds the dresser, Jaq is on knocking off it.

Hmmm.
This scene initially takes place during Ven's demo. Though if it does has not been confirmed. The only other option though is that you continue to find items for Cinderella's dress and in the process fight Lucifer more than once.

Also, it is highly probable that the Fairy Godmother was responsible for Ven's dramatic size difference.

Fantasy Countryside (Snow White)—Mirror Chamber

Aqua stares into the Magic Mirror. The reflection quickly changes from her to the Mirror’s face.
Jumping back, she enters a defensive pose.

The Mirror shows a glowing light that transforms her into a sphere of energy. She is then taking within the mirror.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?
The lovely mirror makes its appearance in the game here and I guess it's quite a villain. I assume that this form of teleportation is a mini game level, were you must attempt to escape the mirror and fight the face as a boss battle.

Also, it is possible that the Queen's spirit lives on in the mirror and therefore controlled it to teleport you into it. And so that opens the possibility of another Evil Queen battle, unless she has changed since her death…

EDIT: It has come to my attention that it possible that Ball may not be Aqua and she may have just been off-screen at the time. Again, this should be considered as another possiblity.
Credit goes to Grace Assassin.

Castle of Dreams—Foyer

Aqua is standing at the end of the stairs as Terra is walking down them.

Aqua: "Is there a clue of Master Xehanort?"
Terra: "He is interested in hearts of pure light."
Aqua: "A heart of pure light..."
Terra: "We'll chase the light too."
Terra: "Master Xehanort should appear if we do so."

Well as I said in the previous Foyer scene, Terra may already be at the world. Regardless though this seems to be a bit early in the game, seeing as how Nomura said that locating the PoH was only the first of MX's intentions and so his others would probably be revealed later on, no?

Also this seems to be after Terra had been at the Enchanted Dominion seeing as how that was when he learned of the PoH. Another thought is that maybe Cinderella is then suggested by Aqua to be a PoH.

Enchanted Dominion—Spinning Room

In the spinning room of the castle, Princess Aurora is sleeping in a bed.
Terra watches Maleficent standing next to the bed, as she walks around the chamber talking.

Maleficent: "Those who do not have any darkness, seven of pure light――"
Maleficent: "If they are collected. The whole world would be in one's possession. "
Maleficent: "Not just this world. But all the outside worlds as well. "

Breakdown time! :D

Let’s start with the first sentence.

Maleficent: "Those who do not have any darkness, seven of pure light――"

Well this quote disproves SA's theory of BwHoPL, since Maleficent says that there are seven of them so common sense again says that those seven with hearts of pure light are none other then the PoH.

On to the next two, shall we?

Maleficent: "If they are collected. The whole world would be in one's possession. "
Maleficent: "Not just this world. But all the outside worlds as well. "

Maleficent seems to be explaining that with the capture of the PoH, a world may enter the possession of whomever controls them. So pretty straightforward stuff.

I assume that Maleficent is explaining the PoH's nature to Terra. So Terra may have heard about them and decided to ask her. The other option is that Terra is asking Maleficent why Aurora is sleeping and why her heart may be so pure.

Enchanted Dominion—Dungeon

Ven stares down at the dungeon floor.

Ven: "It's a lie."
Aqua: "Don't be fooled, Ven!"

Aqua runs from the staircase towards Ven.

Aqua: "Terra isn't like that."
Aqua: "You know that!"

Aqua faces Ven, who nods his head as a sign of belief towards Aqua statement.
Maleficent watches the two from the balcony above them.

Maleficent: "But the truth is harsh to hear."

A simple scene.
Maleficent is telling Ven that Terra is using the darkness to gain power and is not denying it. However our favorite, cartwheel, spinning Keyblade Apprentice Aqua arrives to confront Maleficent and convince Ven that Super-Terra is not the bad guy.

Sadly, Maleficent comes with a disappointing comeback and fails to get those 3 verbal bitch-slap points she needed to earn in order to win the match. Claiming that the truth is harsh to hear and that even though you don't want to believe Super-Terra is evil, he is.

I guess Maleficent may be attempting to manipulate Ven, though for what reasons is quite unknown.

Enchanted Dominion—Bridge

Aqua stands on the castle bridge covered in thorns, conversing with Maleficent.

Aqua: "I'll ask again."
Aqua: "Was What you said to Ven is a lie?"
Maleficent: "It was all true."
Maleficent: "Terra succumbs to darkness in order to gain power."
Aqua: "That's nonsense!"

Aqua stares upward, as Maleficent transforms into her dragon form. Dragon Maleficent then lands on the ground, as Aqua remains calm in an attack pose.

Our favorite scene, no?
The cat fight between a sexy, hot young blue-haired female and an old, sour puss of a woman.

Well as stated by R-K and others, lovely Aqua is not attempting to disprove Maleficent for the sake of Ven or Terra, but for herself and that maybe she is not able to accept the truth. However, she turns out wrong and Maleficent makes the same claim again.

However this time, Aqua upsets her and like an angry old woman she transforms into a nasty dragon with horrendous breath. The only difference they have walking sticks, Maleficent doesn't.

——————————————————
Same rules apply like always.
Review. Post.
Constructive criticism is welcomed.

Flaming rules apply too.
NO Flaming unless you are faced with either of these conditions…

A) Need to Make a HUGE point
Or
B) Need to, no matter what.

Have fun peoples.
~The Enchanted

Last edited:

Cissy

Bronze Member
Re: DK∑7313 Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Trailer Breakdown (v2)

Enchanted, you enchant us yet again with your analysis. <3

Lovely. I find no problems. I have no qualms.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

:thumbsup: Congratulations, you made an incredibly long post. Anyways, I couldn't disprove a single thing. I find all that you said very good to read, It took me a VERY long time to read it, but all worth the while.
~ The Pinwheel :thumbup:

The Enchanted

Cis, The Pinwheel Thanks.
It didn't take long though, but ya I guess it is worth the while.

Charlie K

Back in Business

Uhh...Cool..

I dunno what to say, I kidna fidn this as a waste of a thread as most of us already have the basis of this..But Since I LOVE threads that inform people of certain things, sweet thread! lol

The Enchanted

Um...well your like the first person to something like that.
I guess it is wasteful, but it helps clear things up and opens up new doors too.

Anyways thanks for the comment!

Charlie K

Back in Business

Um...well your like the first person to something like that.
I guess it is wasteful, but it helps clear things up and opens up new doors too.

Anyways thanks for the comment!

I'm just saying I'd rather have one thread, like this one, or the Everything we know threads then 20 threads about the same thing, it's good.

The Enchanted

I'm just saying I'd rather have one thread, like this one, or the Everything we know threads then 20 threads about the same thing, it's good.

OH.
I feel so stupid right now.

Well then, thanks alot. <3

Awards

There are just a few things I'm opposed to that I'd like to comment on.

The world is known to be non-Disney
Also, this scene can be assumed to be the beginning of the game, as this scene theoretically M, only appears at the beginning of the game.
It isn't known to be non-Disney, actually. At least last time I checked.
Yeah, I would like it to be their master and whatnot, but you cannot rule out it being a Disney world with no correlation whatsoever. We just really haven't seen enough of the area to establish anything. As for why they're standing at attention, it could be as simple as respecting someone with great power or rank, similar to how Sora and co stood at attention in front of Yen Sid (and actually even Tifa heh).
It's not necessarily at the beginning of the game either. There would be instances, Nomura said, where the three would manage to convene throughout the game.

However, Disney characters tend to not get replaced

There are actually plenty of instances. For example:

Gaston ---> Xaldin
Christopher Robins ---> Sora
Kevin Flynn (from Tron) ---> Sora

Not to mention the countless lines Sora, Donald, and Goofy have taken directly from the movies, and even stealing certain scenes, such as Sora walking the plank and learning to fly in Neverland.

Also, it is highly probable that the Fairy Godmother was responsible for Ven's dramatic size difference.
This I agree on, and I'd just like to point out that the shrunken carriage has already made an appearance in KH (as the area where you can summon her in KH1), so it only makes sense.

The lovely mirror makes its appearance in the game here and I guess it's quite a villain. I assume that this form of teleportation is a mini game level, were you must attempt to escape the mirror and fight the face as a boss battle.

Also, it is possible that the Queen's spirit lives on in the mirror and therefore controlled it to teleport you into it. And so that opens the possibility of another Evil Queen battle, unless she has changed since her death…
Mmmm.... This, by all means, is a stretch of the imagination that goes beyond Snow White canon.

The face that appears in the Magic Mirror is known as the Slave. It's an imprisoned spirit enchanted to always tell the truth, so the Queen constantly consults it, and that's about it. Other than that, the mirror is never seen in the movie, and we don't know its fate or anything along those lines. Ultimately it's just used as a plot device to expedite the scheme of the Queen, and nothing more. To allow people the enter the mirror, and have boss battles with it in a mirror world... it's giving it way more significance than the mirror is actually accountable for. It has no such powers as being able to let the Queen live inside it (if the Slave is trapped in the mirror, why would people be able to enter anyway?).

The light we see in the trailer is not in the slightest bit confirmed to be Aqua. I simply thought that she was off camera and that the light was simply some other anomaly.

The Enchanted

It's not necessarily at the beginning of the game either. There would be instances, Nomura said, where the three would manage to convene throughout the game.

It appears you obviously didn't read all of it.
I pointed it out.

Uuunleeesss….
That world acts as the base world, like Traverse Town in KH1 and Hollow Bastion in KH2.
This would then mean that this could take place somepoint within the game…when they are summoned.

HA!

Grace Assassin said:
There are actually plenty of instances. For example:

Gaston ---> Xaldin
Christopher Robins ---> Sora
Kevin Flynn (from Tron) ---> Sora

Not to mention the countless lines Sora, Donald, and Goofy have taken directly from the movies, and even stealing certain scenes, such as Sora walking the plank and learning to fly in Neverland.

Oh.
Thanks for pointing that out.
I shall edit, no?

Grace Assassin said:
The light we see in the trailer is not in the slightest bit confirmed to be Aqua. I simply thought that she was off camera and that the light was simply some other anomaly.

That is possible, though she is seen blocking the light and then that ball appears, so it appears she was taken with in the mirror and that spherical light form, no?

Ren

adios motherfucker

Stacking papers? I think I know where that came from...XDD
I'm always so impressed by the different perspectives you take on.

I'm confused about Snow White being denied the emotion of surprise due to her pure heart, however. Could you explain that for my sake? XD

The Enchanted

Thanks Renren. <3

I'm confused about Snow White being denied the emotion of surprise due to her pure heart, however. Could you explain that for my sake? XD

Well with hearts of pure light, it can be assumed that their hearts repel darkness, fear, negative emotions.
So being..um, not so much as surprised, more like shocked isn't something that could happen to her.

Truthfully I don't have much faith in that version, I like another TAV member to have been there, like Aqua, but I can't say much since nothing as shown anything to prove that.

Cissy

Bronze Member

Well, if ya think about it, half the time none of the Disney characters are ever surprised by your (SDG's) appearance. So, it's always possible that she simply wasn't shocked like everyone else.

The Enchanted

You have a point.
But she asks why she is supposed to be surprised.

So if you think about, she may have met another TAV member.

Cissy

Bronze Member

Ah. That's true.

;D

A

Audo

Eh. Shouldn't this be titled 'TGS08 Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Trailer Breakdown'?

Awards

It appears you obviously didn't read all of it.
I pointed it out.

That is possible, though she is seen blocking the light and then that ball appears, so it appears she was taken with in the mirror and that spherical light form, no?

I did read all of it.
I was pointing that out not to argue against you, but for my own sake. People would ask why I would defend the world as one being possibly Disney considering that all three are there (so one immediately associates that with non-Disney worlds, their master, etc.)

Aqua shields her eyes from a blinding light and then from another view we see a ball of light travel to the mirror. I don't see that as her being taken in, I just see that ball as the source of the light she was shielding her eyes from. We don't see her transform or anything directly to imply that she did indeed change. In fact, I'm guessing most people wouldn't think she did had that one TGS report not mentioned it- but now the image is engraved.

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky

Thanks Renren. <3

Well with hearts of pure light, it can be assumed that their hearts repel darkness, fear, negative emotions.
So being..um, not so much as surprised, more like shocked isn't something that could happen to her.

Truthfully I don't have much faith in that version, I like another TAV member to have been there, like Aqua, but I can't say much since nothing as shown anything to prove that.

First of all great thread. And second of all I agree with you that there has been nothing to prove that. I dont thinks its true because Kairi is a POH and she can still feel fear and shock( judging from what Ive seen in her facial expressions). So ya Im going to say its untrue until proven like you said. Nice thread though :thumbsup:

And Audo I think its that both of them played the same trailer only the TGS one had a couple of things added to it.

The Enchanted

Eh. Shouldn't this be titled 'TGS08 Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Trailer Breakdown'?

Err..no.
It should be titled DK∑7313/TGS '08 Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Trailer Breakdown.

I did read all of it.
I was pointing that out not to argue against you, but for my own sake. People would ask why I would defend the world as one being possibly Disney considering that all three are there (so one immediately associates that with non-Disney worlds, their master, etc.)

Aqua shields her eyes from a blinding light and then from another view we see a ball of light travel to the mirror. I don't see that as her being taken in, I just see that ball as the source of the light she was shielding her eyes from. We don't see her transform or anything directly to imply that she did indeed change. In fact, I'm guessing most people wouldn't think she did had that one TGS report not mentioned it- but now the image is engraved.

Oh.

And as for Aqua, you have a point.
I shall edit to be more accurate and neutral.

First of all great thread. And second of all I agree with you that there has been nothing to prove that. I dont thinks its true because Kairi is a POH and she can still feel fear and shock( judging from what Ive seen in her facial expressions). So ya Im going to say its untrue until proven like you said. Nice thread though :thumbsup:

Thanks. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back