• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DiZ/Ansem the Wise is a hypocrite

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
So I was beginning KH2 when I noticed pretty early on that DiZ knew all along that Nobodies had hearts.

It was in the scene immediately after Roxas talks telepathically with Kairi. DiZ mentions that "Roxas meeting Naminé put his heart in contact with Kairi's."

"...His heart..."

Either this was a hilarious mistake by the localization team, he was referring to Sora's heart for some reason, or DiZ knew Roxas had a heart and still chose to be an asshole about the whole thing for the sake of his "revenge". I think the latter would be canon, as we already know from Ansem's data in DDD, he was the one who discovered the whole Nobody hearts thing.

Thoughts?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
DiZ later refers to this moment in KH2 as being an eye-opening thing for him, so I'm sure it's somewhat intentional. It would be interesting to see what the original Japanese says though.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
DiZ: めざましい回復だ
A remarkable recovery.
Ansem: 何が起こったんだ?
What happened?
DiZ: ナミネとロクサスが接触した結果。ロクサスとカイリの心が触れあった。
The result of Naminé and Roxas making contact. Roxas touched Kairi's heart.

You could probably read it as "Roxas and Kairi's hearts touched" though

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ansem himself admits that he was "too stubborn" to accept the truth at the end of KH 2 so he actually agrees with your assessment that he was hypocritical.

That's where much of his current feelings of guilt come from. He knew better but choose to ignore it for the sake of his revenge, that's what he also hints at during Blank Points.

Apart from Xehanort, Xemnas and Xigbar Ansem the Wise/DiZ was apparently the only other person who knew about the whole Nobodies can grow a heart-process but he refused to accept it for the sake of his own emotions and feelings of revenge.

He can and should be rightfully called out on it especially since it put both Naminé and Roxas through so much extra pain yet one should not forget he's also aware how wrong it was and is willing to make amends as far as he's able to.
That's way more than some other villainous folks out there who are often primed by parts of the fandom to be given a chance have to offer right now.
Ansem has the foundation for a possible redemption laid.

Now it only remains to be seen if KH III addresses this issue at all and if it does if Naminé and Roxas are actually allowed to face Ansem and work the whole thing out.
And no, Ansem apologizing only to Mickey, Sora or Riku isn't an adequate replacement for actually having to face those who you hurt the most with your bad behaviour.

Back