• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dive to the Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraKaitou1412

So you guys know how each numbered game + BBS (which is Nomura basically said was a Numbered title) starts with a dive to the heart??? Well I was thinking on how they could do that if they continue the trend. They could do Kairi or Lea or....they could do Sora again.

But not in the same way they did it in the other games. This time, it's actually a great opportunity to introduce newcomers into the plot and to clarity things for those who skipped games. Why? Because Sora has so many people in his heart right now. You dive into his heart, get to talk to the people there & get a summary of what is going on (for the people who won't read the Journals describing past games anyway), and then get keyblade tutoring from Ventus & possibly practice against the others in Sora's heart.

And if they wanna keep with KH1 and KH2 and do the whole heartless/nobody in the heart you have to defeat they could probably put an Unversed in it's place. KH3D hinted that Vanitas was back and since he is connected to Sora (though IDK if he is in Sora's heart like Ventus is right now)......it would be plausible. Unless they have something new to introduce to us but I don't think that's super likely. Though I don't really think they need to keep the heartless stuff in there given Sora has so many people in his heart to practice with.....I mean there's what...4-5(Roxas, Xion, data Ansem, Ventus, and maybe Vanitas) people in Sora's heart who aren't Sora? And only one of those isn't a wielder.

They could also ignore the training part in the heart and have it be in an actual training session....but it would feel kinda weird to skip the dive into the heart all together. I mean they've had at the beginning of every game except Chain of Memories and Dream Drop Distance.

Anyone else have any ideas on how it will be implemented if it's in KH3?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
There are millions of possibilities who it could be, so..no. Please not Sora.
I feel like the people inside his heart shouldn't be the first thing to be mentioned. ESPECIALLY(!) for those who don't know the story of the past games.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I mean, KHII didn't really start with a Station, it appears a few hours in.
Kairi could work, of course, but, I think in general, they'll probably just save the Stations for plot moments (like they did in KH3D, and pretty much what they did with BBS)

I mean they've had at the beginning of every game except Chain of Memories and Dream Drop Distance.
Days didn't start with one either. In fact, Days didn't have one at all.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Sora again...? Nah. Let's do... Xehanort! Back when he was a kid and training as a Keyblade Master! That oughta be an interesting tutorial!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It would be interesting to see what Xehanort's "heart" looked like at the beginning of his journey. And it would interesting if the end of the game somehow has you go back into his heart and you see how different it is now.

I don't really think the Stations will be used for a tutorial though. They've been shying away from that a lot. They're used more for plot significance now I think.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I imagine Xehanort's early station was of the islands like Sora.

I wouldn't mind seeing Riku's station. That's one I've been curious about

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
show us all the stations!
More stations = more 2D Nomura art. More art = more joy in this world, because Nomura art is the best. 8D

But seriously, agreed. All the stations. NOW. Hell, I wouldn't mind an updated version of Sora's as long as it's not the only one we get.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
More stations = more 2D Nomura art. More art = more joy in this world, because Nomura art is the best. 8D
On that note... how do people feel about the new look to the Stations with the KHIII graphics?
I get that it's trying to capture the stained glass realistically, but personally I wasn't really feeling it in the BC trailer.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I didn't mind the graphics at all. I loved the realistic look.

I just hope they don't give some big infodump on the origins of Station of Awakenings. I want them to stay ambigious and shrouded in mystery

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I just hope they don't give some big infodump on the origins of Station of Awakenings. I want them to stay ambigious and shrouded in mystery
I mean, we already know what they are?

I did like how that was built up and handled over the series though, the realization and whatnot.

I'm just not sure what else there would be to infodump about since we know what they are at this point

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I mean, we already know what they are?

I did like how that was built up and handled over the series though, the realization and whatnot.

I'm just not sure what else there would be to infodump about since we know what they are at this point

They didn't have to spell it out for us in game and let the player connect the dots themselves which is what I liked.

I just don't want to to be explained or addressed in KH3

redcrown

Awards
Dive into the Heart wish list:

-Kairi, to see more of her character and see what she holds close to her heart besides Sora and Riku. It would also be cool to see what an undamaged heart of pure light looks like.

-Riku, to see what a heart of half light and half darkness looks like. Plus he's like the second main character.

-Sora, to see if his has changed in anyway, either after DDD or after KH3.

-Xehanort, to see what he was like before he was corrupted and before obtaining the keyblade. Not to redeem him in anyway, but just to show that everyone has innocence at least early in their lives. KH would do good to show that even the big bad was once an innocent with the potential to be good.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
obviously not going to happen, but it would be neat if like, part of the journal, was just like a collection of everyone's stations.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Riku Dive into the Heart or Aqua. Those are what I would like to see. :3

appleboy82791

Awards
I actually had an idea about this a while ago...

I'm going to go against the grain a bit here. I think we might play as Xion. This may be a stretch but it kinda makes sense. Think about it. We had Roxas in the beginning of KH2 because he was a part of Sora. We know that Xion is essentially the same. Her personality was formed out of Sora's memories of Kairi. And based on what we know from 3D, it would be hard to argue that she didn't form a heart of her own. She also appears in 3D as one of the many connections Sora has.

The obvious flaw most people would see in this theory is that Xion hasn't returned in the series yet. And we really don't know all that much about how she could return. I think it still works though because the tutorial would take place inside Sora's heart which is where we can expect Xion to be. Didn't she go back to be with Sora at the end of 358/2 Days?

In both KH1 and KH2 we had tutorials in Sora's heart. Wasn't that place with all the different platforms with Sora on them really just a dive into Sora's heart? (I can't remember what that place is called.) Roxas was there so why wouldn't Xion exist similarly? This idea fits nicely with the structure of KH1 and KH2. In KH1 we had Sora for the tutorial of course, in KH2 we had Roxas for the tutorial, wouldn't it only make sense for the next big installment in the KH series to have a form of Sora playable during the tutorial? It fits that criteria while giving it a new twist.

Of course I could be completely off base with this theory...

redcrown

Awards
Oh yeah, Aqua too, since she's the most interesting of the BBS trio, and we're getting a whole damn prologue about her.

obviously not going to happen, but it would be neat if like, part of the journal, was just like a collection of everyone's stations.

Oh heck yeah. I would be satisfied with just this. I just really miss the Station of Awakenings glass art depicting hearts.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
somewhat relatedly, I wonder if 0.2 will have a Station tutorial for Aqua, or if it will be more like DDD where they just drop you into it?

redcrown

Awards
somewhat relatedly, I wonder if 0.2 will have a Station tutorial for Aqua, or if it will be more like DDD where they just drop you into it?

I have a feeling they're just going to drop us into into it.

Now I realize what a missed opputunity DDD had, it would have been a good chance to have the SoA as the intro instead of the Ursula fight.

All though it probably would have been Sora's again instead of Riku's, making it essentially a rehash. Or they could have had both of their's separately.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Dropping the player right into fending off swarms of Heartless in the RoD would fit the overall tone of Aqua's situation, imo. The stations are better if you want a slower and more mysterious start. Aqua... yeah, her story is mostly gonna be trudging through the universe's equivalent of hell fighting for her life every step of the way. Pretty straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back