• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Distrubia (A Work In Progress)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
One of my final pieces for Alternative Mediums class.
My first painting using oils, that said I'm rather noobish at painting as well, but I'm learning.
I love details so it kinda keeps me from looking completely shitty when I use a new medium.

74792_10152283236120697_940989752_n.jpg

meirge

Website
coldghosts.tumblr.com
this is really nice so far, especially for a first go at oils. i personally can't stand using them so i'm really envious

the blending of skin tones on the right looks great. the figure in the middle i like because there's so much detail in the wrinkles, all i can recommend is work on blending the tones with that and a bit with the skull so they look a little less choppy. though i like the texture the skull has right now. i just really like how the skull looks in general haha, particularly at the very top.

can't wait to see it when it's done!

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
You already know that I like it. Oils are totally your medium. The composition still bugs me a little, though. Do you plan on putting anything behind that skull? Otherwise, there's going to be too much attention on the right side of the painting.

Trag

Bronze Member
I'm a sucker for a good seascape with a Kraken, great job o: That's fucking rad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back