• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Distoria -- Free to join anytime --

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
(The OOC thread is here: http://forums.khinsider.com/signups-discussion/161938-distoria-experiment-ooc.html#post5542044)

Kalemn stared through the faint reflection of his face and watched as the scenery changed from a tan desert filled with nothing but sand to a more lush forested area. He had been on this train for hours, and he still had quite a ways to go. His reflection showed the face of a young man, in the prime of his military career. His eyes were blue, his face was clean shaven, his hair - a bit longer than standard and dark. He yawned openly and sat back into his seat, closing his eyes for a while.

His sword rested against the back of the seat in front of him, it sat cradled in the corner between the seat's back and the window. He kept his eyes closed, they burned from the amount of time he had been awake. He didn't want to sleep, but he wasn't sure how long he'd be able to relax like this. He took the time for rest when he could afford it.

Last edited:

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Adam and Eve sat in the seats beside one another with mild disinterest in the world around them. The passengers around them were normal everyday human beings who could not even begin to comprehend their nature. They sighed and turned to look out of the window. The scenery that passed them was uninspiring. But then again they had always been city people. From the moment they awoke they had reveled in the ever-present life of the city.

The muted background noise of the train threatened to lull Adam to sleep. Eve looked on him with mild annoyance, they needed to be at their full power. And besides without him she was weak. Nevertheless Eve could feel Adam's presence slipping from their mind. She could feel the weakness slipping in. . .

Eve's eyes shot around the train in a panic. She was outnumbered. She had no doubt that any one of the men in this train could take her and...and...

Eve began to cry. As tears filled her eyes shadow pooled around her. Darkness enveloped her corner of the train like a cloak.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Zack stared out of the window of the train, trying to ignore the man snoring behind him. Quite honestly, he felt like stabbing the man with his black hilted, blue bladed sword.
He turned around to look at the snoring man that was possibly about to die. Ghast looked out the window to see the night sky and smiled. He also saw another train heading straight for them. He rose from his chair and grabbed his sword that was wrapped in fabric from his chair. Then, without showing any emotion, he walked to the front of the train to only stop and turn around to see all the people staring at him.

Fate had decided this, he thought, we must follow it's law.
"Hey! Get back to your seat!" A man yelled out at him. Ghast looked at the man and smiled.
"Chance gave me the oppurtunity to see the oncoming train. Now shut up." The mans face turned red.
"What did you say!?"
"I said that a train is about to kill you. Now please, remain seated. Chance and Fate are letting me live, not you." The man stepped to the side before charging at Ghast, who simply remained still before the fabric flung from his sword and Ghast smiled.
"Remain seated please." He said pointing his sword at the man.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
He had been sleeping soundly on the train but then the movements of the man sitting in front of him mixed with the sudden ruckus of the same man saying something about them all about to die from a train. Race sighs at the interrupted sleep and rises to his feet making sure that both daggers can be felt inside of his boots. He looks around the car but then notices the same man pointing a sword at yet another passenger. Race did not need this right now. So instead of initiating a conflict with the sword guy first, he lowers the window next to his seat and sticks his head out into the wind. At first the wind dries his eyes to the point of tears, but he pushes through it and looks along the tracks. Indeed he does see a train, but the turn up ahead tells him that the man obviously made a mistake and only THOUGHT that the other was going to crash.

He sighs at the complete mistake of the overly anxious passenger and decides to confront him, but only with words. "Hey, get your ass back over here. I need a foot stool and these seats are too uncomfortable for that. Now let the people have an nice and enjoyable ride without all of the drama." With that in mind he sits back down in his seat and motions for the man to walk back to his seat. Any onlookers might think the two friends and one is just trying to protect the other, but they would be wrong. Race doesn't know the man with the sword and it was obvious that he was still tired. He really did need a foot stool.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
She was staring out the window, ignoring the piercing glares from her fiance, a man she didn't even love. Why had they set her up with him? Her family knew she was waiting for her boyfriend to come back from the army, then they'd get her family's blessing, then run off to Hawaii or something like that. But no, her parents wanted grandkids now. So they made her accept the engagement ring from this smirking young man.

His smooth hand was entwined with her own. Fina didn't even glance at him. She refused to acknowledge that stroking thumb, his piercing green eyes that always seemed to glow. Fina hated him, yet he loved her with every ounce of his heart. The train was moving slowly. Fina had her violin case placed daintly on her lap, knowing the secret weapon she held inside. She closed her eyes as her finace offered to open the window for her and with a gentle nod, he did. "Fina, are you all right?" he asked her, leaning in closely. The young woman opened her strom-gray eyes, smiling slightly. "Yes, of course. I just need some air...."

Suddenly, she heard loud voices. Snapping her head up, Fina tried to lean over Mark to see what was going on. He in turn was staring hungrily over the pale skin that was revealed when she leaned over. Fina couldn't really see, much to her dismay, so she sat back in her seat, pulling the shirt back down over her revealed waist.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Waking up from the same nightmare every night. Xeon sat up in his bed with a beat of sweat from his nightmare. Every night he's been haunted with nightmares. The dream started out with him flying in the air over the clouds but the sky was a dark crimson red from the sun setting down. He landed in the middle of a forest and from his size he was larger then the tree's, standing on all fours.

When he spoke in his dreams he could only hear himself roar like a monster. Then their were knights in armour firing arrows at him, slashing at him with swords, blasting him with what appeared to be magic. He would roar angerily and swiped the men down with his long reptile tail. As they kept attacking him he breathed out a jet of fire from his mouth and would burn most of the men along with the land that was around him.

He felt triumpht from his victory, but then a lone knight different from the rest would appear before him along with a women holding a small baby in her arms. Something about them put Xeon in grief but the other part of him was filled with rage and attacked the two people. But just before he would a bright flash blinded him for a while, just when it died down he found himself in a cage in a dark dank cave. The knight and the woman were there before him looking at him, they spoke something between themselves but Xeon couldn't make out what they said over his furious roaring.

Then they both vanished into thin air. He was alone but then he spoke, english this time.

"My soul cannot be bound to this prison for long. Once I manipulate this boy I will be free again." And that's where he would wake up.

Something about that dream just fills Xeon with feelings of grief and happiness from those two people. But something else inside him just fills him with rage and fury. But it doesn't matter now, he got out of his bed and went over to the bathroom, kneeling over the sink filling it with warm water as he splashed his face from it.

"The same dream.....Why am I having the same dream? I've had that dream since I was a kid, for over 17 years that dream haunted me and it hasn't changed or gone any further from that point." Xeon said looking down in the sink. He brought his eyes up to his reflection to see his own face, but at times when he looks at himself he swears he could see something in the mirror. At times he swears that his eyes change eye color, his face would look green, or he would look like a monster. But today it was just him this time in the mirror.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
"That's right, I'm a boy!" Alexandra, or Alex as she liked to go by, boasted to her older brother. He scoffed, pushing her back down on her seat. She sat down with a soft 'plop'. She looked at him with an upset look. "I do pass as a boy, you know that."

Her brother only patted and ruffled her short, messy auburn hair of around neck length. She did look a lot like a boy, but he knew that that was his sister sitting right beside him. She crossed her arms across her chest and looked outside the window. Her olive green eyes caught every passing scenery, while her brother only looked at her with pity. Alex would have been a pretty young girl, and could have lived like any other seventeen year old, if only their father wasn't so strict on her being more masculine.

They weren't the richest family out there, and having a girl, according to their parents, only meant trouble. So Alex changed, becoming more masculine. As she aged, she increasingly became physically feminine, but she covered it by wearing a chest pad to make it less obvious, and she wore clothes that didn't show off her curves.

It was a little disheartening for him, really, to see his sister change into who she never was. He knew that deep inside, she wanted to be a woman. He saw her, watching the other girls and admiring their little dresses and skirts.

Of course, perhaps it was better if she was this way. She might have been married off to some rich man if she was deemed 'useless' by their father. Fortunately, she showed her strength to their father and he allowed the two children to set off to find work somewhere else. Somewhere better than their town.

"What?" Alex asked him. He shook his head. She sighed. "I'm going to miss you." She mumbled, but he heard it.

They were going to separate once they reached their destination. To each his own, their father said. 'You only learn best when you're alone', were his last words to them before they left the house. He was harsh, and they both knew it. He didn't know about Alex, but he sort of hated his father.

Alex beamed a smile. "But it'll be exciting, wouldn't it? I just gotta show how strong and smart I am, and I'll definitely get work!" She said. "I've got my fists, my feet and my brain. I'm sure this'll be useful somewhere." She did a few jabs at no one in particular.

He smiled. She was always so excited to do new things. She unzipped her black jacket, a white shirt worn underneath it. She rolled up her long black pants up to her knees. "Phew, it's kind of hot here, isn't it?" She asked.

"That's because you're wearing a jacket, idiot." He said, flicking her forehead lightly, to which she giggled.

stripes

Time Is A Mysterious Thing
Elliot laid her head against the moving train's many windows and sighed as she looked out at the endless nothing. She was bored without a doubt, but she couldn't be to far from her destination. The music in her headphones didn't make her feel better as she would like, but this slump wouldn't last for long.

As she started to noticed passengers turning their head to the front of the cart, she was wondering what they were staring at. She took her headphones out her ear and looked to the front, she couldn't see anything from behind the sea of heads and sighed.

"Just when I thought it was getting interesting..."

She sat back in her seat by the window and closed her eyes. The thought of a infant boy came into her head. His sleepy smile and his beautiful hazel eyes. She shook her head trying to get the image out of her head. She never wanted to see that infant again, even though it pained her. She slipped her head headphones back into her ear and prayed that she would get to her destination soon enough.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
(It's alright right now, guys, but I don't want people overriding each other's posts. Don't just say that something didn't happen, ok? If you are going to do that, ok it with the other poster. Just don't want a huge mess later when/if anything important starts happening. Edited OP in OOC to reflect this. Keep up the posting though)

"You have to make your own mark in history. You have to stand on your own two feet, but that doesn't mean that you can't use help. Only a fool fights his battles alone when he doesn't have to. Please, remember that." Words from the past echoed inside his mind, his eyes stayed shut, his hands loose. He had almost fallen asleep, almost.

Kalemn heard some loud voices from the car behind him, someone was either unhappy or in trouble. He felt it his duty to make sure everything was alright -- if there was danger that is. He left his empty booth and walked down the isle to the other car, peering through the window, he saw a man holding a blade to a passenger. His eyes narrowed and he waited a few more seconds, his hand reaching inside of his jacket. Another passenger was talking the man down, and it seemed like it'd work. Kalemn turned and tried to stay out of the man's peripheral vision so he could jump him if he did anything rash.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
A peaceful train quietly chugging along towards its destination.
Shiki yawned as she calmly stared out of the window, watching the wilderness fly by. The red head was relaxed, at ease as she looked through the glass. Just taking time out to chill and get some r and r was something everyone needed once in a while. Shiki and her friends were no exception. The sixteen year old was dressed in a white blouse and blue jeans, with red sandals on her feet. She yawned again, streching her arms as she observed the teen stretched out on the seat in front of her. The african american was eighteen, a near inaudible snore escaping his lips every now and again. He had long curly black hair and was dressed in a simple red shirt and dark blue jeans. Although he was using his own black jacket and Shiki's multicolored tii die jacket as blankets so she currently couldn't see his attire.

Noises in the car in front of them caught Shiki's attention and drew it away from her best friend. Voices, sounding distressed and angry. Shiki stood up and stretched again. The girl was curious and decided to check out whatever was trying to mess up their easy train ride. She eyed her purple bag for a moment and the duffle bag next to it that housed her katana. Bring it or no? Shiki decided against it and reached into the bag next to it, rooting around in it for a moment before she pulled out a black fingerless leather glove. She slipped it onto her right hand and then clenched and unclenched her fist. The palm of the glove glowed a blue color as a simple looking symbol appeared. It was a gold color standing out against the black leather. Shiki nodded. This should be enough.

The girl crept past her sleeping comrade and down the isle and peeped through the window. One man had a blade to the neck of another passenger. Shiki's eyes narrowed. THESE were the people causing the disturbance! Although from the looks of things another one of the passengers was talking with him, clearly trying to calm him down. Shiki sighed. Jumping into things was Timmy's forte not hers. She'd wait here and see what developed before charging in. Hopefully the situation would resolve itself and she could get back to Timmy and Aaron (when he got back from the restroom)

Last edited:

Abhorsen

Nick was hitching a ride in the cargo car. Er.. well on top of it. Nick had been poor his entire life. By hitching a ride he saved precious money that could in turn be used for food. Nick was wearing his favorite clothes, well the only good ones he owned. He was wearing a solid green shirt and black pants and black boots. Nick uses martial arts, mainly Muay Thai to defend himself along with stun gun knuckles that he keeps slipped into his pockets. He also carries a Katana in a sheath parallel to the ground strapped to the small of his back. He may be poor but not to poor to be dumb enough to go unarmed. As Nick lay there he began to doze. He was exausted from his most recent job. He was hired to kill a politician. It had taken longer than requested so he only got half pay. Nick just needed a break. Today wasnt that day, He heard a scream from a nearby car. this was all too common.

" I cant believe that I cant get a nap, I never win I swear."

Nick shuffled to his feet and threw open the cargo door and climbed the ladder and in a few minutes he was over to the car that had the current epidemic taking place.

*what is this really all about, did this poor sap not pay his dues..* thought Nick.

Nick sat down in a seat, the guy with the sword to his neck looked pretty scared. That is his own fault for getting caught thought Nick. Nick sat back in his seat and waited for the guys blood to hit the floor so everyone would calm down.

" just cut his throat already you panzy" said Nick under his breath. " This isnt a popularity contest, are you gonna spill it or not?!"

Nick was pretty impatient when it came to things like this, not that he cared if the fool died. He just didnt see a need for all this drama. He was not a good or bad guy per say. He stuck to himself and didnt intend to get involved but if it interfered with his sleep, GAME ON!! Nick was going to give this five maybe ten more minutes before he stepped in or said forget it and left to go sleep despite the drama. Nick never made a decision, he fell asleep in the seat. shocker....................

Last edited:

stripes

Elliot looked at the people moving back and forth through the small cart. She begin to believe the situation was serious when people who were going back had a look of shock and terror on their faces. She once again took her headphones off and tried to look over the people who decided to stay and watch the event.

As she looked over people's head all she could really get a glimpse of was a man and his face was sweaty. She tried to see from the other side, he was holding a blade to a passenger's neck. She sat back down and wonder was this man a terrorist? As people begin to flock more to the front of the cart to try and help the situation, Elliot sat in her seat and prayed. She thought that leaving her home she would escape death for a little while, but it seems that death was following her.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Alex's ears perked up, hearing an upset voice from up front. She looked at her brother, about to ask what he thought it was, but he had fallen asleep. Curious, she moved slowly and softly over him, sticking her head out to see what was happening.

"Oh..." She mumbled in awe, seeing a man pointing his sword at another. She stared, unable to keep her eyes off. Then another man made his presence known, who seemed to be stopping the conflict, and she caught the words, "back here", "foot stool" and "drama".

"Foot stool?" She asked herself aloud. Another newcomer made his presence known, though she couldn't really hear him too.

"Alex." She turned her head to look at her brother. He looked at her, annoyed. "Did you want to switch seats to get better view of what's happening?" He asked with annoyance.

She grinned apologetically. "You know what," She stood. "Sure, let's switch seats! Stuff going on there looks interesting." She said.

Her brother shook his head as he shifted his seat to where she once sat. "Don't get involved." He warned before he fell back asleep. She gave a sweet smile, a smile that could give her disguise away. She couldn't make promises about that.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
The strange thing about what Zack was doing was the fact that he didn't even venture to the thought of other people wondering what he was doing, or even trying to get him back in his seat. But that did not entirely matter now because he'd already done what he'd done.
"Sorry about that.....I haven't had my medication." He pointed a finger to his head. "I tend to go a little bit....Nuts." He looked at the people that probably thought he was crazed. He didn't obviously care though, he had to take medicine to keep his mind from possibly killing him.
"Well I guess I'll take the rest of the trip on the top of the train." He pointed his sword up at the roof of the train and stabbed it. Then he hoisted himself up by pulling the sword by the hilt (Seeming it was jammed in the roof) and pulled it out, revealing the small hole it caused.
"Feel free to join me." He said before pulling the hole by the sides and enlargening it before hoisting himself through.

The air on his face made him feel much better than being in that stuffy train. He reached into the inside pocket of his jacket, as he did he stared at the train his imagination had created. Then as he injected himself with the needles it faded away.
"Damn imagination."

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Fina heard a large ripping noise, something like metal ripping almost. She got to her feet quickly, leaning over to check what had just happened. She gasped, seeing the large hole ripped into the top of the train. The shocked on lookers seemed as surprised as him. Well, that's intresting. Curious,Fina cocked her head a little. She heard the person say something about going up with him and for some reason, she slowly manuvered her way to the hole.

A hand grabbed her wrist, tugging her gently but forcefully back. Fina whipped around to see him holding on to her. "Wh-what are you doing, Fi? You're not going to check that out are you?" he asked worriedly, hoping she'd stay back. But she wouldn't, no. Fina shook her head. "No. I want to check it out. I'll be back in a bit, okay sweetie?" she smiled with mock happiness, bending down to plant a soft kiss on his forehead.

She turned, then wiped her lips free of the man's skin, grimancing at her action. She went to the hole in the ceiling, standing directly underneath it and staring up at it with terrible curiousty.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Xeon was soon done from the bathroom and went over to his closet to pick out what to wear. As he flip through his various shirts he came across the family templar armour that was placed in the back of his closet in a glass case. It was given to him due to the fact that it belonged to one of his ancestors that was said that his great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather once worn it and fought a dragon with that armour. He was never one to believe in fairy tails but that's the story his godfather told him.

When Xeon was growing up his parents were both dead at the time, his father died of an accident and his mother died after giving birth to him because she was so weak at the time. For the rest of his life he was watched over by one of his fathers friends who was his godfather til he graduated high school and lived on his own from this day. He adverted his attention away from the armour and picked out a plain white T-shirt from his closet along with some jean pants to wear.

He changed out of his night clothes and tossed them into the hamper while he put on his today clothes. Just when he was walking out he had a sudden hot flash run across his mind, it has been happening for some time. Xeon would see images run across his mind that he sometimes has no idea what they represent. The flash he saw this time was a jet of fire raining down from the sky as hundreds of people ran in terror from it.

Just as he came back to reality he groaned and rubbed the temples of his skull to ease the pain. Due to those flashes his godfather sent him to see a therapist to help him understand why he's been having them in the first place. But for Xeon it hasn't been helping him at all to what they meant to him. All his therapist said to him that his flashes seem to represent innner rage, anger, or fury building up inside of him, but Xeon was never angry about anything. Sure he would get disappointed at times but he doesn't think that he would be angry.

"Another flash. Great, now I have to make another appointment with Dr. Julius." Xeon said still rubbing the temples of his skull until the pain subsided. Just when it did he picked up his cell phone and went to his contact list to dial his therapist's number.

"Yeah, it's Xeon.....Yes, another flash happened today.....What was it about? It started with a jet of fire raining from the sky and hundreds of people screaming......Okay, so when do you want me to come over?.......Two weeks huh?....All right, thank you doctor." He hanged up his phone and rubbed his eyes.

"I just wish all this would go away and I could live a normal life." He sighed and slumpped down on his bed.

Mr.Timeout

Banned
Helgar chuckles to himself, "This guy is nuts” after he hears a man yell something about “chance and fate” telling him of a supposed oncoming train. Helgar vows to stay out of the situation, he had bigger things to worry about, like where he was in the first place. He had been there for about two weeks aimlessly roaming around from place to place. As things start to calm down on the train, he hears the crazy guy say that he hadn't takin his meds and that not doing so can make him nuts. “Yeah no kidding” thought Helgar. He eventually drowns the crazy guys voice out and continues to stand against a door at the end of the train, waiting for a lead as to where he was exactly.

(Not as good with the storytelling as you all, so sorry if that was kinda lame)

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Race sighs to himself at the loss of his furniture and decides to get up and walk around a bit, just to get the feeling back in his legs. He rises to his feet just in time to see a girl looking through the new window but decides not to get involved with that one. Still, the girl was a little cute. Race quickly burns her image into his brain should the two meet again in the future and waits for an opening into the aisle since people are returning to their seats. He spots the smallest of openings and literally leaps into it. The man now behind him stops abruptly and yells at the young man about how kids these days have no manners. Race turns to confront the man about this but freezes when he sees that it's the same one that got the sword pointed at him.

"That'll do, pig. That'll do."

He pats the confused man on the head before finally walking off. It's a little further down the way that Race notices something rather peculiar. He looks to the new subject of interest and notices by the smell of the small area that there is one male and one female, but the two look male. He traces the smell back to the source and notices how it's coming from the one that seems the most interested in conflict that just got taken care of. Race put on his best smile at that point and decide to confuse the older man even more. He lowers himself to a single knee and lowers his head while facing the girl.

"Hello there, Miss. I hope that you found that little incident entertaining for this otherwise dull train ride?"

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Seeing that the conflict was over, Alex sighed in disappointment. "That ended quick," She said, but noticed the hole that the man just made. She noticed that one of the men who once stood there was walking towards her, but she just thought he was going to pass by her. Instead, she noticed the girl who stood under the hole and wondered whether she would go up to the roof as well.

"Hello there, Miss. I hope that you found that little incident entertaining for this otherwise dull train ride?"

She turned her head to see that the man had knelt down beside her, earning a few strange looks from the passengers around. But Alex had undoubtedly heard what he referred to her as. "What?" She blurted out.

She frowned, keeping her fear hidden. Was it so obvious that she was female? No, it couldn't be. A lot of people, even her father, thought that she looked and acted too masculine to be a girl. And her father wouldn't lie. She kept her voice composed. "Hey, that's a huge mistake you're making there, mister." She hoped her voice was 'masculine' enough. "I'm a guy; born a male, always a male."

"Hey, I'd even show you, but you know how awkward that gets." She accidentally added, her heart beating faster. Oh crap.

Alex turned to look at her brother, who was fast asleep. She groaned mentally. If she asked for his help, it wouldn't look too good on her image. Besides, she always did things herself, she can't rely on him now. She got off her chair and stood in front of him, showing her anger. She was clearly shorter than him, but she wasn't intimidated. "I'd be damned if I hear another person say that." Inside, she was frightened. He hasn't found out, he hasn't! I'm sure I convinced him that I'm a guy. Masking her concern, she kept an upset stare at him.

stripes

Elliot looked from her seat as people started to return to theirs. The situation had been handled, she was so paranoid. She sighed and laid her against the window, she had to get over these panic attacks and the feeling that she was going to die at any minute. She rubbed her forehead and bit her lip. It was so much easier to say it, then actually do it.

In the background, a city slowly started to form in the distance, their destination was coming up. Elliot looked at the city as windows from the tall buildings shined bright and blinding her eyes. She smiled a little, remembering a happy memory. It had been so long since she had been there, her old home.

Getting off the train was all she wanted now. She wanted to eat, sleep, and take a shower.

"Passengers please return to your seats and show me your tickets!"

The Conductor started to come down the aisle, stamping people's tickets as they were approaching their destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back