• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giratina

I didn't know Dissidia was originally intended to be a Kingdom Hearts game - but I enjoyed Dissidia immensely nonetheless. XD I know I'm weird for not blaming Disney for wanting to keep their cartoon characters from beating the snot out of each other (I mean, think about it - how many of you guys got into KH when you were kids because there were all the awesome Disney guys in it?). It would definitely be fun to have a Kingdom Hearts version of it, but I can live without, especially since half of the owners have turned it down already.

Also, to join in the new discussion, there are several characters who still haven't seen the light of Dissidia in the Final Fantasy franchise - do we really need to see Roxas and Axel (or whoever) duking it out again?

UltimaKeybearer

I had seen some other things along this thought. this pic but it is probably fan made though.

Edit: Sorry about the picture failure

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I'm going to try and word this as nicely as possible, because it's annoying and doesn't get my point across if I try to say it how I'd like to.
Dissidia was the anniversary of FINAL FANTASY. It's to celebrate Final Fantasy. Not Kingdom Hearts. Because Kingdom Hearts has Final Fantasy in it, does not mean Final Fantasy should have Kingdom Hearts in it. There are loads of characters that should be in Dissidia over Kingdom Hearts character. If just one character, ONE, made it in, that would be a spot taken from a much more deserving character, such as Tellah, Cyan, Vivi, Aerith, Setzer, any other you can think of. It's ridiculous at just the thought of a Kingdom Hearts character to me.
I wouldn't mind their own game of that type, but none to mix in with the Dissidia series itself so far. Just no.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I'm going to try and word this as nicely as possible, because it's annoying and doesn't get my point across if I try to say it how I'd like to.
Dissidia was the anniversary of FINAL FANTASY. It's to celebrate Final Fantasy. Not Kingdom Hearts. Because Kingdom Hearts has Final Fantasy in it, does not mean Final Fantasy should have Kingdom Hearts in it. There are loads of characters that should be in Dissidia over Kingdom Hearts character. If just one character, ONE, made it in, that would be a spot taken from a much more deserving character, such as Tellah, Cyan, Vivi, Aerith, Setzer, any other you can think of. It's ridiculous at just the thought of a Kingdom Hearts character to me.
I wouldn't mind their own game of that type, but none to mix in with the Dissidia series itself so far. Just no.
dissdia just turned out to be the aniversay of ff but was orginally intent to be a kh thing hence the whole light vs dark theme

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I don't understand the "one KH character=dozens of snubbed FF characters" argument. The fuck? You mean putting Sora (one person) in the game would be counted as the reason that a handful of other FF characters didn't get in? Lol sure ok.

I agree that there are many FF characters that haven't made the cut yet that need to make an appearance. But that's not an argument as to why 1, 2, or even 3 characters from KH couldn't make the cut alongside them.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

Dissidia was originally meant to be a KH game, so I'm here, with my Dissidia, hoping that some KH characters are included as unlockables like Shantotto and Gabranth, in Duodecim. But not Disney characters. If anything, they should include two KH characters as a test, to see if it'll work well, then include more in the DLC based on feedback. Or make KH characters DLC altogether, so you can download them if you want, or not. But if they include nay two characters, I'm hoping for Eraqus and Master Xehanort, EX bursts being Armor of the Master and No Heart. And DLC has been confirmed by Nomura, to be on the game's website. I think this would satisfy us all.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I don't understand the "one KH character=dozens of snubbed FF characters" argument. The fuck? You mean putting Sora (one person) in the game would be counted as the reason that a handful of other FF characters didn't get in? Lol sure ok.

Yes, I do. There are far more characters in the Final Fantasy franchise more deserving to be in a game that is a Final Fantasy anniversary present. There's nothing wrong with that sentiment. Stop being asspained.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Yes, I do. There are far more characters in the Final Fantasy franchise more deserving to be in a game that is a Final Fantasy anniversary present. There's nothing wrong with that sentiment. Stop being asspained.

I'm not arguing against that. I'm trying to understand how the hell you figure that the inclusion of one character is the reason that a dozen more didn't get picked. It'd only be the reason that maybe one other didn't get picked. It's one fucking character.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I'm not arguing against that. I'm trying to understand how the hell you figure that the inclusion of one character is the reason that a dozen more didn't get picked. It'd only be the reason that maybe one other didn't get picked. It's one fucking character.

There are only so many characters they can include from a logistics perspective. It's not like they can put hundreds of characters in the game. But still, even if it was possible I do not want a Kingdom Hearts character in a game that isn't about Kingdom Hearts nor about its' series or it's anniversary. Just because a character would be cool in a game doesn't mean they should be in it. I'd rather have Lightning replace Goofy as Sora's partner in Kingdom Hearts 3, but it ain't happening and for the same good reasons.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
That's the whole point of it. There's loads of Final Fantasy characters, all loved. I'd like some Dragon Quest characters in, maybe some Tactics Ogre ones too. They ain't goin in either though.

AxelRikuRoxas

as much as people like this... i like the way bbs story was told. the free roaming atmosphere that is connected to the story. Dissidia was fun, but i like the way KH style has been instead of FF, even if this was supposed to be aKH game

PianoxLullaby

Website
www.pianoxlullaby.deviantart.com

Aerith actually is confirmed as AT LEAST an Assist Character in Duodecim for those who buy Prologus first. :)

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Yep. Basicaly they didn't want to see Mickey beating Goofy up and stuff like that.

And yet they are perfectly fine with Mickey playing a video game about Dopey beating up the evil queen.

0:26
[video=youtube;WbT7lhl9kpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbT7lhl9kpU[/video]

Of course, Disney just LOVES to get rid of all their old movies that they feel "embarrass them" *cough*songofthesouth*cough* so I guess it'd make sense that they'd try to get rid of as much violence to Disney characters as they can >_>

Relix

A traveler
Awards
...am I the only one who thought having dissidia be a FF game was a more epic decision than a KH game? I mean...what would you have seen? What characters would have been fun to just run around and beat others with? That gets old in KH itself sometimes :/

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
...am I the only one who thought having dissidia be a FF game was a more epic decision than a KH game? I mean...what would you have seen? What characters would have been fun to just run around and beat others with? That gets old in KH itself sometimes :/

No actually. Quite a lot of people agree with you.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I agree with you, not about KH stuff getting old... but about FF being a better decision. The FF roster is also astronomical in comparison to the KH roster. :/ There are many characters that deserve rep that aren't getting it as it stands, and I can understand how KH characters would take away from that. Though a KH Dissidia would be cool, FF was also fiscally a better choice.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i just want sora to make a cameo or smtin it be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back