• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy - "Expand your horizontals."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dissidia 011?

• Hell yes

Votes: 36 97.3%
  • no, enough dissidia games

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I believe then, that it would be in Squenix' best interests to just let the man do his thing. A Dissidia on a home console has the potential to outsell any given new entry in the series.

Exactly. The reach would be greater and who wouldn't want to play a console Final Fantasy fighter? PS4/XB1 would have a wider reach than a PSV release, at least, and I think the game would be hindered by the 3DS. There is really no downside to a console Dissidia game except a lack of mobility (but if you have a PSV you can just remote play it)

Also I think the gameplay would benefit from all of the extra buttons on console controllers. My hands always felt cramped and limited when playing on the PSP because it always felt like there should have been better camera controls for a fighter with a 3D map.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Exactly. The reach would be greater and who wouldn't want to play a console Final Fantasy fighter? PS4/XB1 would have a wider reach than a PSV release, at least, and I think the game would be hindered by the 3DS. There is really no downside to a console Dissidia game except a lack of mobility (but if you have a PSV you can just remote play it)

Also I think the gameplay would benefit from all of the extra buttons on console controllers. My hands always felt cramped and limited when playing on the PSP because it always felt like there should have been better camera controls for a fighter with a 3D map.

Not only the larger amount of buttons, the more powerful hardware could do wonders. I'm thinking something along the line of an actual party fighting, rather than one on one. I could totally see me and a friend (or cpu, whatever) doubleteaming a beefed up Chaos. Or a free-for-all frenzy between several players (I won't accept less than the possibility of 8 characters on the field)

I' m over-wishing this again.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Not only the larger amount of buttons, the more powerful hardware could do wonders. I'm thinking something along the line of an actual party fighting, rather than one on one. I could totally see me and a friend (or cpu, whatever) doubleteaming a beefed up Chaos. Or a free-for-all frenzy between several players (I won't accept less than the possibility of 8 characters on the field)

I' m over-wishing this again.

And see kids this what is what we call a "clusterdiddly"

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
any chance of a new dissidia being announced? anyone? anyone?

if anything, it would be announced on the 11th or 12th (i think they still have one unannounced title left)
but like chaser said, unfortunately, very slim chance :(

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I want a new Dissidia! Unfortunately it will probably be for the vita and I refuse to buy one just for that game XD Give me my PSP anyday.

If they did do a 011 cycle, I want to see more character interactions. Not in the reports, in the storyline.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What made dissidia awesome was the battles transported you to stages based off the main series. Having the fights take place on one world map would detract from that.
Well maybe the world map is a bunch of FF locales stitched together.:tongue:

And on a PS4 version of dissidia, there would be gimmicky touch stuff with the touchpad and when using remote play
That's a strong assumption to make. 1. I don't think anyone is forced to use the trackpad if they don't want to. B. PS4 games can have special configurations for Vita which Sony pushes for. III. The original game was designed for PSP so we can't automatically guarantee that a new entry would actually use L2/R2/L3/R3.

I want a new Dissidia! Unfortunately it will probably be for the vita and I refuse to buy one just for that game XD Give me my PSP anyday.
There's no way it'll be a Vita exclusive. The handheld has done so much more poorly than the PSP did & requires higher development costs than PSP games did. There's a reason Type-0 or MH Vita ain't happening afterall. If Square wants to keep it handheld, then the 3DS, which stands at 43 million units sold & requires budgets far closer to PSP, is the far more logical pick. & if they want to go big & epic with it, then they'd gain more switching to console & having far more horsepower to utilize.

It would certainly have more of a tournament scene if there was a console release with online play. However it would also need to be possible for 2 people to play locally. A fighter with no local multiplayer is a doomed fighter, plain & simple. But I think splitscreen would be a small price to pay for a big scale Dissidia.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
There's no way it'll be a Vita exclusive. The handheld has done so much more poorly than the PSP did & requires higher development costs than PSP games did. There's a reason Type-0 or MH Vita ain't happening afterall. If Square wants to keep it handheld, then the 3DS, which stands at 43 million units sold & requires budgets far closer to PSP, is the far more logical pick. & if they want to go big & epic with it, then they'd gain more switching to console & having far more horsepower to utilize.

I wouldn't mind it for the 3DS since I enjoyed playing Dream Drop Distance and Tales of the Abyss 3D. Not sure how the configuration would work though. It'd probably be like Tales of the Abyss where only the top screen is really active during gameplay with a layout map on the lower screen to see where you are.

If they ever did make a 011, what characters would you like to play as just for kicks?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'd prefer a 014 tbh, but aside from that:

I
Red Mage
Playable Chaos

II
Minwu (for the sake of them making a full on white mage plausible)

III
Xande

IV
Palom & Porom as a 2-in-1 character (IE Ice Climbers)

V
Faris

VI
Celes
Mog (because we need a playable moogle)

VII
Nah, we're done here

VIII
Seifer

IX
Garland
Mikoto (weird choice but she's like the Roll/Kairi of her family, had the ability to be actively involved but has to sit back while the boys get to play due to being the girl. I'd be inrerested)

X
Seymour

XI
Shadow Lord

XII
Really anybody that's not Vaan or Penelo

XIII
Barthandelus

XIV
I have no idea

XV
Noctis
???????????

In addition I want proper monsters to fight. Boss monsters can compensate for the uneven Cosmos/Chaos numbers.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Just added these to my collection:

tdq5uYM.jpg

SzhHl7H.jpg

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I just love those limited editions so I felt like I had to add them to my collection. The first soundtrack is a bit of a mixed bag. Some arrangements were not good at all, while others were great. Duodecim is much better overall and also features some more memorable original compositions. I love Cantata Mortis!

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al
I just love those limited editions so I felt like I had to add them to my collection. The first soundtrack is a bit of a mixed bag. Some arrangements were not good at all, while others were great. Duodecim is much better overall and also features some more memorable original compositions. I love Cantata Mortis!

Me too. And the Final Fantasy Theme and Staff Roll music...oh yeah!! I've had to cut back a little with my collecting, but I won't be skimping on Final Fantasy yet lol. KH III and XV might break the bank for me when they show up....

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Agreed. I felt some of the tracks in the OST for the first game to be a bit stale. "Those Who Fight Further" from Final Fantasy VII comes to mind considering that while it was decent, it simply did not compare to the plethora of remixes that were already out at that time (hell, the original version sounded better to me).

I definitely agree with who awesome the Duodecim soundtrack sounds. The metal "Chaos Shrine" remix was pure win, Cantata Mortis and God in Fire" completely blew me away, and the track "Carmen Lucis" really stood out to me, especially in conjunction with the ending for the Duodecim portion of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back