• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy - "Expand your horizontals."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dissidia 011?

• Hell yes

Votes: 36 97.3%
  • no, enough dissidia games

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm mostly just hoping for a HD remaster for the PS3 with online and local multiplayer. "Dissidia Duo HD Remaster" :p

LedxirnSimon

[video=youtube;HuErgpKYQvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuErgpKYQvk#t=23[/video]

have to enjoy watching the one of your favourite KH character wearing FF character's costume in horror. ;P
Actually, I edited that custom model, plus I'm also a user of Dissidiaforums under the username as Windblast.

I'm not sure about where to put it in any specific threads in this forum.

LedxirnSimon~~

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
[video=youtube;HuErgpKYQvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuErgpKYQvk#t=23[/video]

have to enjoy watching the one of your favourite KH character wearing FF character's costume in horror. ;P
Actually, I edited that custom model, plus I'm also a user of Dissidiaforums under the username as Windblast.

I'm not sure about where to put it in any specific threads in this forum.

LedxirnSimon~~
My eyeeeeeees!! It burrrrrns!
That was hilarious! I think you might have inspired me, too.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Great mods! What character did you choose for the base and move sets? It works pretty well.

God, I would kill for Dissidia 3. C'mon baby make it happen!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
IIRC, several of the game's developers are hoping for a new Dissidia fighting game that continued the storyline. I'd like to see that happen, but there is something else I want.

Dissida Duocedim was put on the PSP and even with these limitations, it still contained it's own game, the previous game, and tons more added in. If they are capable of having two full stories in one game, then I say that we not only have our prequel game but our sequel game as well. Perhaps we can see what was going on in the eleventh cycle of the war for Part I and for Part II, the story picks up on the fourteenth cycle. This way, we can have a better excuse for having characters like Auron, Braska, Mimwu, Zack, Leo, and other characters who had a history before they were introduced in their games proper. This would also give us an excuse to have our current heroes from before. even the ones who weren't allowed to come back in the thirteenth cycle, to come back as well. The two stories can be somewhat intertwined in regards to certain plot and thematic elements.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Square Enix would like to make a sequel (prequel, midquel, whatever) for Dissidia. Question is: will they release it on the Vita or PS3/4? Either way, Dissidia in HD would be GLORIOUS. :D~

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I think the storyline is pretty bad, so for all I care I'd rather see a PS4 version with a massive roster and a traditional "arcade mode" with a brand new cutscene, specific to the game the character is from (maybe classic moments remade as CGI), after the final stage. Let's say you beat it with Celes, the reward could be the opera scene from VI. I would consider that a greater fan service than coming up with some fan faction-esque mash-up story. But that's just me, I guess.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Square Enix would like to make a sequel (prequel, midquel, whatever) for Dissidia. Question is: will they release it on the Vita or PS3/4? Either way, Dissidia in HD would be GLORIOUS. :D~

Agreed. Give it the II.5 treatment like with Birth by Sleep and I'm sure that there will be even more people to play the games.

I think the storyline is pretty bad, so for all I care I'd rather see a PS4 version with a massive roster and a traditional "arcade mode" with a brand new cutscene, specific to the game the character is from (maybe classic moments remade as CGI), after the final stage. Let's say you beat it with Celes, the reward could be the opera scene from VI. I would consider that a greater fan service than coming up with some fan faction-esque mash-up story. But that's just me, I guess.

Admittedly, the story was nothing more than an excuse plot that tried to pretend that it wasn't. Characters tended to be flandarized for the most part (which entirely isn't surprising considering just how much they were cramming into the game) and the plot for the first game was oversimplified. Then the prequel came out and tried to flesh out the overall story a bit more through reports and other such things. Overall, the story was nowhere near the best, but my expectations weren't particularly high so it didn't bother me as much.

That being said, your idea is intriguing. At the very least, I'd like to see an HD version of the Opera scene or perhaps the result of the fight against the Light Emperor from the Dawn of Souls remake if you played as Minwu.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
IDK about console Dissidia, it would require either online only or splitscreen. Dissidia seemed to be a game very much designed around handheld sensibilities.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Dissidia seemed to be a game very much designed around handheld sensibilities.

I just can't agree with that.

Dissidia actually suffers a lot from being on handhelds with limited buttons & controls simple actions like the dash (R+△+ analog stick) or assists (L+◯/) could all be regulated to a single button press on a console controller. Hell I only use Auto summons because all the different actions that start by pressing the shoulder buttons gets confusing!

Not only that but the audience that would eat this kind of game up is massive! But being on the PSP it didn't really get the exposure it deserved. This may have worked well in Japan where the handheld market is so vastly popular but I can't tell you how many times I've had conversations with my FF loving friends that have started with "Do you know how much fucking Money SE would make with a console Dissidia!?!?!?!?!"

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Hazama already said he wants (and intends) to make one for a home console.

I believe then, that it would be in Squenix' best interests to just let the man do his thing. A Dissidia on a home console has the potential to outsell any given new entry in the series.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I believe then, that it would be in Squenix' best interests to just let the man do his thing. A Dissidia on a home console has the potential to outsell any given new entry in the series.
In a home console it has so much potential for the fighting stage to be the same world map.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What made dissidia awesome was the battles transported you to stages based off the main series. Having the fights take place on one world map would detract from that.

And on a PS4 version of dissidia, there would be gimmicky touch stuff with the touchpad and when using remote play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back