• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Dissection.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I pretty much agree with what Ryu said, but I'm wondering why you feel dissecting a cat is worse than dissecting a pig.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
You need to look at it from a scientific perspective. It's a dead animal, and you're examining the natural insides of its body. You can't harm it, it's already dead.

A pig was once a living animal too, and whatever you would have done to the pig would be absolutely no different from what you'd be doing to the cat.

I suggest finding a way to get over this if you think you'll be working on humans in the future, because if you can't work on cats, I don't see how you'd ever be able to work on humans.

Last edited:

Fortissimo

Update:

Well the start of the dissection of was done today, and to my surprise, I had virtually no problems with it. I helped my lab partner set up and as we were doing so, the teacher brought out the cats. They didn't really look much like cats as some of you stated. Now, originally, I was not going to participate in the skinning, but due to my lab partner being somewhat distressed, I took the advice to just get over it, skin it and deal with my emotions later. In all honesty it wasn't bad at all, I just left my emotions at home today. The only thing that really bothered me was the formaldehyde; I couldn't stop gagging. I don't really remember much after the first cut but I made it through with out tears, and I feel that when the real dissection starts, I can begin to see the body first hand, as well as take account of muscle groups and really start the learning experience.

Thanks for the advice, it really helped me out. :]

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I've had something similar to this.

My science teacher had us dissect worms. They were alive.

I screamed at my partner to not hurt the poor wormies.

I feel your pain, hang in there. Random queen gave some good advice.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I had to do frogs when I was school.

Of course, I love frogs. I was on the verge of tears and my goggles were fogging up.
I feel sorry for my lab partners. I near failed them because I was barely doing anything else than pointing things out with a shaking hand.

If I had to do a cat I'd fake sick that day. I love cats more than most things and seeing a dead cat in front of me would mess with my emotions to all hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back