• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissecting the Villains Vale: Leon, don't you think you'll need that

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Hello again boys and girls,

First off, HEAVY SPOILERS FOR KH 1, 2, AND BBS! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
This has been on my mind, it's kind of a far off memory that I know others have done, but it's like a scattered dream, something that I want to piece together again. Jokes aside, While commuting today, I was thinking about Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion and whether or not we'd ever see that plotline resolved in the Xehanort saga. It would be fitting to have the progress on the world finished in the 3rd game, as the 1st and 2nd games focused on the liberation and resurrection of the original world from maleficent's clutches. And while Radiant Garden seems mostly complete (I'd gauge their progress at about 69% complete, they've got the town and most of the castle up, but its missing a few pieces and the iconic aqueduct that was featured prominently in BBS) there are some things they need to take care of first. Which leads me to, the Villains Vale,
th

Now a lot of people have speculated about how this came into the worlds fruition, Some say that it's the remnants of the mechanical factory side of the original castle, others say that it was maleficent's original fortress that she took residence in after the destruction of Enchanted Dominion and before her takeover of the world. But I'll do one better and raise an original theory: This whole castle is just a mere dumping ground/trash heap that was brought to fruition after the events of the first game.

Let me explain:
We know that after the events of sealing the door to darkness, the worlds went back to the way they were before the heartless invasion. While this meant that some worlds like destiny islands could just move from the RoD and return to the RoL in one piece (we see this world in near perfect condition at the end of 0.2 and KH1, sans a few loose boards) but what about the one's that were physically altered like Hollow Bastion? Well, according to the credits scene with leon and the gang, it's still in the exact same way it was (or at least the library is) so the progress done to the world was a slow, gradual process done with manual labor. We even see evidence of this in KH 2, construction equipment scattered between the castle and the Bailey, a crane outside merlin's house that says "this crane is being used to rebuild the town". Merlin himself says that Cid is using technology to do some of the work at some point. So with that in mind, the villains vale could have been the dumping ground for the pieces of the world that came back upon the sealing of kingdom hearts.

Now, let's take a further look at the actual villains vale. Some of the pieces that line the ground near it bear a striking resemblance to some of the walkways that branch off the original castle in birth by sleep. Further investigation shows some towers and a few buildings that make up the base of the fortress. these seem more in line with the rest of the town, medieval-style as opposed to the vale's more industrial design. With this in mind, it wouldn't be too far fetched to believe the dumping ground idea.

Another supporting detail regards WHO built the vale, as it wasn't there in the original game (couldn't they have just stuck in the rising falls underneath the ice?). It can't be maleficent since she's gone between the events of KH 1 and 2, only to resurrect herself in the beginning of the second game. For her to whisk herself from the mysterious tower to Radiant Garden before it takes SDG to get there to build it is impossible. Pete is also off the list of candidates, as he was building maleficent an army of heartless. As for who's left, it's down to the organization and leon and his gang. The latter likely wouldn't want an evil witch living next to them again (who would?) and the organization, as obsessed with hearts as it is, don't seem like the type to go do some home renovating for an evil fairy (though I can oddly enough see Xemnas moving the pieces of rubble into place). And there you have it

So the scenario between the games can be filled like this
-Hollow bastion is restored, the pieces fall into the spot that becomes the villains vale
-the hollow bastion restoration committee rises, beginning to rebuild the lost world. They likely see the ruins and begin reconstruction on the castle
-Castle is nearly finished, as well as the town, all the mechanical factory pieces that were formerly a part of the castle are removed, and relocated to the villains vale
-the villains vale loses more and more pieces as leon's group advances on the heap, becoming the crumbling ruin as seen in kh2
-The castle is then visited by pete in kh2, setting the stage for the events to follow it's use and abandonment.

Hope everyone understood all of that, I know its a bit of a stretch, but I used what little info I had to make an argument for the junkyard idea. Let me know what you think.

Soldier

Awards
Well, what are the odds that another thread connected to the 1.5+2.5 remix would be responded to at the same time of posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back