• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Disney's Planes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
ca26e5b13845e5a8f61e89c7a9352db4ea9d6140.jpg

From above the world of “Cars” comes “Disney’s Planes,” an action-packed 3D animated comedy adventure featuring Dusty (voice of Dane Cook), a plane with dreams of competing as a high-flying air racer. But Dusty’s not exactly built for racing—and he happens to be afraid of heights. So he turns to a seasoned naval aviator who helps Dusty qualify to take the defending champ of the race circuit. Dusty’s courage is put to the ultimate test as he aims to reach heights he never dreamed possible, giving a spellbound world the inspiration to soar. “Disney’s Planes” takes off in theaters in 3D on Aug. 9, 2013, and will be presented in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.

Release Date: August 9, 2013

[video=youtube;bssstn218EA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bssstn218EA[/video]​

This film was previously going to be a straight-to-home movie, but was then bumped to theatrical status along its production. I remember people talking about this I think in the Cars thread some time ago, but they finally announced the release date today for this film so I figured we should have a thread about it.

Planes (2013) | Official Website | Disney Movies
Disney's Planes Takes Off | Articles | Disney Insider

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
i wish these guys would just let the cars universe go

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
real talk: i love discussing the implications and mechanics of the cars universe like nothing else (HOW DOES IT WORK??)

but this movie looks very same-old, same-old, and mediocre. if they make such oft-repeated story refreshing then i'll be very surprised.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well this looks..... so so?

Well it was going to be a straight-to-home movie...so xD

i wish these guys would just let the cars universe go

Thank you. At least this wasn't made by Pixar. I am surprised by Disney's extreme love of the Cars universe, but it is a huge cash cow for them from a merchandising stance.

real talk: i love discussing the implications and mechanics of the cars universe like nothing else (HOW DOES IT WORK??)

but this movie looks very same-old, same-old, and mediocre. if they make such oft-repeated story refreshing then i'll be very surprised.

It's engineering and science gone wrong.

The only thing that has me interested so far is that they got Dane Cook to do the voice of the main character. Disney seems to be on a comedy actor kick right now.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
it is a huge cash cow for them from a merchandising stance.

That's why Cars 2 was made. It's a pretty terrible business practice that Disney has been playing lately.

I remember seeing this trailer for the first time and thinking it was fake. ohboy

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
In terms of Pixar-related Disney toys it's only been lately (i.e. since Cars 2).

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
In terms of Pixar-related Disney toys it's only been lately (i.e. since Cars 2).

No it's not. I worked in toy store during the summer some years ago. It started with at least with Cars 1 (which wasn't even new anymore at that point, release was at least a year before). We had an entire fucking section dedicated to it. I quickly came to hate the red corner of smiles. ;~;
But yeah, I guess that when it comes to Pixar they're not as bad as with regular Disney. (though I distinctly remember seeing lots of Toy Story stuff as a kid)

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Well, I mean, Cars 2 was essentially made for the purpose of Pixar's merchandise being a thing again, since Up wasn't really a toy-selling movie.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
>cars universe
>dane cook as the main voice actor

wow this movie is going to tank really hard

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Walt would have shot down this movie faster and with more lethal tact than when he "cleared away the dead wood" in the 40s.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that there was Rob Zombie music in a Disney movie trailer?? A song, in particular, that opens with the sound of a woman making sex noises? That just seems all kinds of wrong to me.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that there was Rob Zombie music in a Disney movie trailer?? A song, in particular, that opens with the sound of a woman making sex noises? That just seems all kinds of wrong to me.

"Over 40,000 pounds of thrust."

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
No, honestly that is the one thing I always comment on whenever I see the trailer.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
No it's not. I worked in toy store during the summer some years ago. It started with at least with Cars 1 (which wasn't even new anymore at that point, release was at least a year before). We had an entire diddlying section dedicated to it. I quickly came to hate the red corner of smiles. ;~;
But yeah, I guess that when it comes to Pixar they're not as bad as with regular Disney. (though I distinctly remember seeing lots of Toy Story stuff as a kid)
I don't mind all the cars stuff, and ve worked in retail before. The first movie screamed that it was gonna have toys for each and every background character, and some of the bios the blu ray game had we're well thought out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I did not know this, but I am wholly disturbed. Either this film isn't what it seems, somebody at Disney has great sense of humor and an interesting taste in music, or Disney just really doesn't even care about this film...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I did not know this, but I am wholly disturbed. Either this film isn't what it seems, somebody at Disney has great sense of humor and an interesting taste in music, or Disney just really doesn't even care about this film...
All of the above?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back