• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Disney's Planes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I should probably say that since this was originally supposed to be DTV until like last winter, it's safe to say this will probably just be a good movie. Nothing really surpassing the likes of Tinkerbell.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
On Friday, I'm gonna see this movie at a special screening at the EAA air museum. Don't know if it'll be the 3D version or not, but should be fun.

Edit: yeah, 8:30 showing tomorrow night at the Fly-in theatre by the local EAA as part of Airventure. Apparently the director, Klay Hall will be presenting, but I do not know if it's a personal appearance or by video.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well, it's been three days since I last posted, so I can talk here. I did see the film on friday night. In amidst the fact that I was standing in the back the whole time in an outdoor theatre that had thousands of people, possibly more than security expected, I felt the film was pretty average. The characters were unmemorable, but not unlikable. There were a few too many flat stereotypes, even when compared to Cars 2. Skipper feels like an echo of Doc Hudson after a while but with a very different backstory.

What I did like was the gentle humor, the racing, and flight scenes. Those were all very well done and accurate.

And of course they are. The director, Clay Hall-who presented in person with his producer-is a registered pilot and aviation enthusiast. They oversold the film a little, of course, and notified us that this screening was not in 3D. They did have a couple neat shorts regarding EAA and the history of aviation, but I didn't pay too much attention as I spent that entire time looking for a good place to sit, to no avail.

Ultimately an average film that's worth a trip to the cheap seats at least, but maybe not a $10-per-person 2D showing in the multiplex. Still kind of fun.

And the scenes in the trailer on the aircraft carrier are quite different in the film. No skywriting.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm both surprised that they already have a sequel planned yet at the same time I'm not.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The sequel was planned ages ago before this film was even going to be put in theaters. Don't forget Planes is made by DisneyToon Studios, known for making most of the Disney sequels and direct-to-home films released by Disney.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The sequel was planned ages ago before this film was even going to be put in theaters. Don't forget Planes is made by DisneyToon Studios, known for making most of the Disney sequels and direct-to-home films released by Disney.

lol I didn't know that. Wasn't aware they made most of those direct-to films either. *o*

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
lol I didn't know that. Wasn't aware they made most of those direct-to films either. *o*
Yeah, actually Clay Hall directed Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure.

Which still makes Planes look worse by comparison. Sad.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Dane Cook is in this so I'm pretty much obliged to go. I'll take my kid sister as an excuse mwaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back