• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Disney set to redeem The Black Cauldron

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Maybe they can actually make an entertaining version of the Black Cauldron now.

I know I probably don't need to ask this, but I wonder if this will be live action or animated.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm so excited for this. The books are fantastic. Hopefully it'll be successful and they'll do the entire series.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Maybe they can actually make an entertaining version of the Black Cauldron now.

I know I probably don't need to ask this, but I wonder if this will be live action or animated.

Given the trend of other live action Disney adaptations it will probably be live action

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I wonder if Disney will keep the darkness that the original is known for, while making the rest of it interesting or at least bearable.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i saw this on twitter a few hours ago. i'm hype, a movie that deserves a second chance.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't think they're going to draw from the animated film. The average person doesn't even know it exists. lol

They aren't specific, but I'm guessing the intent is a multiple-film series (sort of like when they announced they were doing T.A. Barron's Merlin series).

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Maybe they'll actually acknowledge that film's existence and give it to us on bluray finally. Aside from the war films, it's the only one that's not out on bluray and it's really bothering me.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
If they remake the Black Cauldron, regardless of version, they need to either keep John Hurt as the voice of the Horned King, or find someone suitable (maybe Ian McShane, or Mark Strong, etc).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well well well... this is clever. They should kick this live-action franchise by making a live-action version of the animated movie and then have the sequel branch out to be their own thing (Like Alice and the looking glass).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they aren't going to draw from the animated film and try and start a franchise like PoTC, I just hope it won't fall into the curse like all the recent attempts tomstart a franchise

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
If they aren't going to draw from the animated film and try and start a franchise like PoTC, I just hope it won't fall into the curse like all the recent attempts tomstart a franchise

To be fair, the last three attempts were kind of Disney's own fault. John Carter was practically not even marketed, and when it was, it was never really explained what it truly was about (and though I have yet to see it and only read part of the first book, it looked... well, vastly different). Prince of Persia suffered from being whitewashed and being another video game-to-movie where I think just about everyone was sick of them at the time (though, to be fair, I actually like this one, despit how awfully whitewashed it is </3). The Lone Ranger just suffered from being whitewashed and also not really having a concept that, I think, sold to audiences since it's... well, kind of the same old song and dance, though I enjoyed it.

I don't think there have really been any other attempts... that I remember, at least.

This series actually has a fairly large fanbase, as does the Disney adaptation of the Black Cauldron for some reason, so if they do the films right (and cast age-appropriate characters unlike the PJO movies/The Seventh Son film/The Giver), I don't see how they could botch it up if they do it carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back