• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disney Invests More $$$ Into Gaming + Riku VA's Bday!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kingdom Hearts Insider - Kingdom Hearts 2 II 3 III Final Mix

Written by Monkey Monday, 11 June 2007 Hello! So we have some nice new info coming in as of now, first off, it looks like Disney Interactive will be investing much, much more into gaming. For example, last year they spent about $100 Million on gaming. So how much will that increase overtime? By 2012, they are expecting to spend $350 million yearly! That is quite a lot of money! Disney's chief financial officer had the following to say:

We are ramping up our investment in video games. It is a market where there is real opportunity.

This really only means good things for Kingdom Hearts, let's just hope more talent comes in with more money!

Source: LA Times This next bit is from Xaldin over at KHV. Mamoru Miayno, the voice actor for Riku in Japan, celebrated his 24th birthday on June 8th, a few days ago. He recieved a really fabulous Riku themed cake! (You can click the thumbnail to the right to enlarge it). The Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts team actually prepared the food at the party, how cool is that? Miayno was very happy, citing things like I was so happy I could cry! and I couldn't sleep afterwards, I was so excited!. He also thanked his family and everyone whom attended the party. A happy birthday goes out to Mamoru Miayno from KHI! =)

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
really? wow thats a lot of money. meaning great games gna come out for us.
hehe lucky old double M. must a been a great birthday.
Nice one MB.

[√]Genuflect
Is Mamoru a guy??
got to ask...really...

And Belated Happy Birthday!!!
(if you could see this)

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
course he's a guy. they aint gonna get a girl to do rikus voice man. you crazy?!

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
Happy birthday, Riku's voice actor! Hehe, I mean, Mamoru Miayno.

I sure would like a cake like that for my birthday! <3

And that's good for Disney... but most of their games suck. Maybe with their newly invested money in gaming, they'll start producing better games =3

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
thats true D. im just hoping like all of us they invest more into KH. thats the moneymaker for them in the gaming world.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Pft, Riku themed cake? They should've given him a Yagami Light themed cake.

Khaston

Happy Birthday Mamoru (Square did the food? Wow, there's so many possibilities for the food and drink, Papou fruit, Pheonix Downs, Chocobo 0.0)

Disney may as well put all that money in KH.

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
Yay...more money for kh..better kh games..

With more money towards the gaming industry, i wouldnt be surprised if disney linked up with the final fanatsy series or maybe start there own series.

Eagl

Wow this means they really want to devolpe more games. This could mean that they want to make more "real" games for the movies or/and they really want to bet money in the KH serie. This may also show that they started to work on many kinds of KH games.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Ha! I actually hope they do something good for the KH series. The main reason, or part of the reason why KH2 sucked ballz is cause of Disney having too much influence on it.

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't have been that harsh cause it didn't totally suck it was just medicore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back